Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cluster of warning lights on

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:48 pm

Hi all.
I'm new to the forum but I have used the info a lot over the years. We have owned an E85 2005 2.5i SE auto since 2015 and love it to bits.
I do most of the servicing myself and have just replaced the valve cover gasket and a oil change at the same time.
I find it quite easy to work on but after having it jet washed, and I knew it wasn't a good idea!! 3 warning lights came on. After getting the codes cleared today they have come on again which is a pain.
I did read on this forum it could be a lateral acceleration sensor or maybe an ABS sensor??
Any ideas anyone??
IMG_6729.jpg
IMG_6729.jpg (127.45 KiB) Viewed 525 times

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:52 pm

Well firstly, welcome to the madhouse.
Hate to have to say it, but first get the codes read. You'll be guessing until then.
Combined with the jet washing I'd say either ABS sensor on a hub or on the master cylinder. But in fact I believe you'd get the ABS light then as well. Just those three could be the yaw sensor under the drivers seat.
Whereabouts are you? Hopefully someone nearby can check the codes and help you head in the right direction.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:07 pm

What Enuff-zed said!

If it is your yaw sensor I’ve got a few that will fit in the parts bin but it could point to water ingress

Get your codes up though before going off down wrong roads!
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:19 pm

Thanks all, I'll keep you posted !!

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:35 pm

Think that will.be a lambda sensor. See post two down from this one. Hopefully it will be one of the pre cat sensors if it's bank2 post cat sensor there are non in the UK and Luke me you will be a bit stuck.

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Sorry, going mad. That's nothing to do with the lambda sensor but could be an abs wheel speed sensor but you will need a proper code reader to identify

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Have a feel under the driver’s seat. If the carpet is wet, then chances are it’s the yaw sensor as its right under there.

If not, that combo can also be an implausible steering angle sensor value, but you won’t know until you get the codes read.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

BoxClever

Post by BoxClever » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:54 pm

I've got the same 3 lights and the interesting thing is my tyre sensor will not reset which leads us to think that it is the steering angle sensor - after reading all the codes (with @Colb and others).. they will not clear even though it s showing no more codes left.

Living with mine for now and i'll get the angle sensor replaced on the next visit to the Indy as it is only £50 from Autodoc.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:18 pm

Interesting, we're doing the same. Where is the sensor, is it easy to fit. Has anyone got one we can try? :D

BoxClever

Post by BoxClever » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:32 pm

[email protected] wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:18 pm Interesting, we're doing the same. Where is the sensor, is it easy to fit. Has anyone got one we can try? :D
Apparently behind the steering wheel... I've just mailed my indy to see what he quotes on it.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:05 pm

Ive got a steering angle sensor and have replaced/refreshed one in situ

Happy to give a guide if needed

EWS Delete PM me

BoxClever

Post by BoxClever » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:16 pm

bigwinn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:05 pm Ive got a steering angle sensor and have replaced/refreshed one in situ

Is it a dextrous type job? If so then my fat fingers won't be any good! Did the new sensor get rid of the trilogy of lights?

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:24 pm

BoxClever wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:16 pm
bigwinn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:05 pm Ive got a steering angle sensor and have replaced/refreshed one in situ

Is it a dextrous type job? If so then my fat fingers won't be any good! Did the new sensor get rid of the trilogy of lights?
I'll dig out the thread

On my 2.5 blue car I managed to restore the SAS in situ, then using INPA I reset the values and it put the issue to bed

EWS Delete PM me

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:27 pm

This thread- there was no issue with the SAS
viewtopic.php?p=1918518&hilit=steering#p1918518

On the 3.0, i had similar symptoms but opted to open the SAS up to pull the bushings forward (to make a better contact) and clean the metal ring- that did the trick without needing to do anything on INPA

EWS Delete PM me

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm

EWS Delete PM me