Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M vs E46 M3 Decat

"M" Specific discussion
warmasice

Z4M vs E46 M3 Decat

Post by warmasice » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:41 am

Well done. Brilliant thread! :thumbsup:

///Avi

Z4M vs E46 M3 Decat

Post by ///Avi » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:19 am

I'm not a fan of the "classic" e46 M3 rasp. But great work nonetheless! With aftermarket parts being pretty expensive and not readily available in the used market for the Z it's modifications like these that are so awesome to see!
@m3_ct
Silver gray Z4 M Coupé

beanie

Z4M vs E46 M3 Decat

Post by beanie » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:04 pm

maupineda wrote: I knew this was possible, but had no idea they would be different in length, I always assumed it was only the clocking. I am interested in the mufflers you posted, I have OE X-Pipe, Remus, and DKF 300cells cats and my car is too loud, to the point I have been thinking about putting my OE US Secondary cats, primaries are gone as I have EU headers.

So maybe the design of the OE S pipe helps with muffling sound. everyone says Remus is quite, well, that most be deafened people LOL, is VERY loud, at least in my setup.
That sounds quite well balanced in the second vid. The intake is still present but with a nice bit of backup from the exhaust. I appreciate though, that online vids never get it quite true to life.
RUBYIMOLACARBON