Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Atrial Fibrillation

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Flyingfifer

Atrial Fibullation

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:48 am Strange so many people are suddenly getting heart related health concerns, wonder what could be causing that...
Thought you said you we're leaving....obvs no mates to talk to, unsurprisingly, so here you are poking again....

Mine started 15yrs ago. Ronks was long before the jab too. :wkr:

Stay off this thread you're less than welcome. If I have to get the mods to rid you I will, however I'm staying near Peebles this week so if you want to grow a pair and come down to discuss it please do. If not as I suspect stay off here.
Never said I was leaving the forum? :idunno:
Guaranteed way to get me to hang about is to be a pissy wee cow though :wink:

What would you like to discuss big man?
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibullation

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 pm
Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:48 am Strange so many people are suddenly getting heart related health concerns, wonder what could be causing that...
Thought you said you we're leaving....obvs no mates to talk to, unsurprisingly, so here you are poking again....

Mine started 15yrs ago. Ronks was long before the jab too. :wkr:

Stay off this thread you're less than welcome. If I have to get the mods to rid you I will, however I'm staying near Peebles this week so if you want to grow a pair and come down to discuss it please do. If not as I suspect stay off here.
Never said I was leaving the forum? :idunno:
Guaranteed way to get me to hang about is to be a pissy wee cow though :wink:

What would you like to discuss big man?
Dont hide behind you're coward trolling keyboard throwing insults as usual, come down here and say it to my face.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

Atrial Fibullation

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 pm Dont hide behind you're coward trolling keyboard throwing insults as usual, come down here and say it to my face.
:rofl: :rofl:
You came out the gate with an attack john, then you get pissy and act the big hard boi when I respond in kind... think you need to settle down a bit and have a wee think about what age you are

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibullation

Post by john-e89 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:58 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 pm
john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 pm Dont hide behind you're coward trolling keyboard throwing insults as usual, come down here and say it to my face.
:rofl: :rofl:
You came out the gate with an attack john, then you get pissy and act the big hard boi when I respond in kind... think you need to settle down a bit and have a wee think about what age you are
Coward. You're poking the pot as usual as you well know. I'm not getting into this on the forum. Go to PM and we'll do it there, or as I say come to Peebles and talk to my face if you have a backbone. Either way no more here.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

Atrial Fibullation

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:59 pm

john-e89 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:58 pm Coward. You're poking the pot as usual as you well know. I'm not getting into this on the forum. Go to PM and we'll do it there, or as I say come to Peebles and talk to my face if you have a backbone. Either way no more here.
:rofl: :rofl: youre the one with the beef john, PM me if you want xx

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibullation

Post by ronk » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:36 pm

I hope they are getting you sorted dr_john :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by dr_john » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:51 am

ronk wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:36 pm I hope they are getting you sorted dr_john :thumbsup:
Thanks Ron.

I’ve been switched to some different beta blockers (Sotalol) in preparation for the cardio version procedure. Still feel rather fatigued but soldiering on! :thumbsup: Also cut right down on alcohol intake which has helped.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by Scubaregs » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:21 am

Sorry to hear this John, all the best mate.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

IRD

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by IRD » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:09 am

dr_john wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:51 am
ronk wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:36 pm I hope they are getting you sorted dr_john :thumbsup:
Thanks Ron.

I’ve been switched to some different beta blockers (Sotalol) in preparation for the cardio version procedure. Still feel rather fatigued but soldiering on! :thumbsup: Also cut right down on alcohol intake which has helped.

Hope the treatment goes smoothly and works effectively. Let us know how you get on.👍

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by dr_john » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:01 pm

This is weird. My AF is classed as ‘persistent’, meaning that I don’t have AF ‘attacks’ as such, and never have done. It’s just there all the time in the background. However my lack of energy etc is apparent lately, and stick me on an ECG and my pulse rate is all over the place, not especially high but not steady.

Anyway I’m having the cardioversion procedure done privately sometime soon, seems like the best option at present :)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by ronk » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:48 pm

Mine was paroxysmal
It would start when it wanted and stop when it wanted - no trigger food/drink/activity could be identified and believe me I tried!

The surgeon had a very difficult job finding the rogue area to ablate - if it returns then he told me it’s a further ablation and a pacemaker - ablate & pace in his words.

IRD

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by IRD » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:32 pm

dr_john wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:01 pm This is weird. My AF is classed as ‘persistent’, meaning that I don’t have AF ‘attacks’ as such, and never have done. It’s just there all the time in the background. However my lack of energy etc is apparent lately, and stick me on an ECG and my pulse rate is all over the place, not especially high but not steady.

Anyway I’m having the cardioversion procedure done privately sometime soon, seems like the best option at present :)
Really interested to hear how you get on. My AF symptoms appear to be very similar to yours. I don’t have attacks but my Apple Watch constantly reminds that it is there. There are additional complications in that I had a stent fitted when I had the cardiac arrest and another artery was also partially blocked. This is being managed with medication. Because of the position of this artery the heart team decided it was too risky to fit a second stent.
Like you I sometimes lack energy, especially in high or low temperatures. But what I do find is, the more I do the more I am able to do and the better I feel. We have a decent sized garden and have hedges all round so there is plenty that needs to be done. At the start of the Summer I struggle a bit to get going but once into a routine, cutting grass and hedges I manage quite well and feel much better than I do during the Winter months.
Good luck with the treatment. :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by ronk » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:41 pm

I would add that although the surgeon cured the AF - I remain on Anti Coagulation therapy - bit of nuisance but better than the alternative!

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by dr_john » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:56 pm

IRD wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:32 pm
Like you I sometimes lack energy, especially in high or low temperatures. But what I do find is, the more I do the more I am able to do and the better I feel. We have a decent sized garden and have hedges all round so there is plenty that needs to be done. At the start of the Summer I struggle a bit to get going but once into a routine, cutting grass and hedges I manage quite well and feel much better than I do during the Winter months.
Good luck with the treatment.
We had a pergola fitted a couple of weeks ago and I spent many hours today applying wood preservative. Just about knackered me, but after a shower and a ginger beer I felt great. Had a pint at the local to cebrate! :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Atrial Fibrillation

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:10 pm

ronk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:41 pm I would add that although the surgeon cured the AF - I remain on Anti Coagulation therapy - bit of nuisance but better than the alternative!
Ironically a cardio consultant rang me the other day to enquire why I was still on them Ron, he's going to speak to the surgeon that did my ablation to ask his opinion on whether I need to be on them. I'll let you know if it's of any interest.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29