Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EGS fails for the second time

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Sauberis

Post by Sauberis » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:36 pm

Good evening,
I have encountered the problem of EGS GS8.60.4 crashing for the second time
The failure occurs as follows: after starting the car, it works unevenly, the yellow box icon flashes and the track handle position changes on the panel. The box is in emergency mode, because by turning the key, the rail handle can be engaged without the brake pedal.
The first time when there was a failure, I replaced the generator, battery, DME, ignition switch, cleaned the power contacts, checked the power supplies, can bus. Everything is fine. I drove it for 2 months, I thought the problem was the generator, but again I have the same situation. I had to turn the starter a little longer to start. I checked the battery: 12.6V.
A week ago there was an error similar to "extinguishing too quickly", I deleted it and it did not happen again. The box worked great.
Maybe someone has an idea what to check?

colb

Post by colb » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:38 am

Long crank can be a symptom of a bad camshaft sensor in my experience, have you put a code reader on it to see if any codes have been set?
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url