Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Current Z4 Prices

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
designoutlaws

Current Z4 Prices

Post by designoutlaws » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:40 am

Hi all, just after abit of information on zed prices.

I'm looking to purchase one again after selling mine roughly a year ago but i'm struggling to gauge a price.

Some absolute sheds are listed at £6000 but then seeing some clean, maintained examples at half the price and i cant figure it out.

I sold during the crazy price rises last year, so I understand that they arent as cheap as they used to be but i've read quite alot on here that prices have dropped since.

Are the crazy prices i'm seeing for lets say 'rough' examples just due to last years price rise or is it just dreamers? Also whats a average good price now a days😂 example - auto/3.0/tidy but not showroom condition.

I'm sorry if this is asked daily but everyone on here was always so helpful so thought best place to ask!

Matt

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:28 am

Hi Matt, that’s the how long is a bit of string question :lol:

You’ve probably covered both ends of the spectrum there, sheds at high £££’s because people bought high and are trying to recover their outlay and people who are selling really nice cars at what’s classed bottom end of the price range. They’re realistic sellers, who maybe paid less for their cars 2/3 yrs ago or recognise impending work/maintenance, and are maybe happy to cover their costs and these cars are selling reasonably quickly.

I see cars advertised and I think “no f***ing chance” and some actually sell. But these ones are more likely to sell/be advertised off forum.

An example is that when I first started looking nearly 3 yrs ago I looked at an 04 3.0 auto, 47k fsh and it was circa £4K sought advice on here and was told it was top heavy priced, which at the time it was getting there, probably worth £3k-£3,250. Same company have one very similar for sale just now 53 plate 58k and I hope you’re sitting down, £7,695.

I’m currently keeping my eye on an 04 75k fsh 3.0 at a price I think is a bargain. Not going to lie, would be bought solely to trade and make a profit but 2 things, it’s been for a sale for a while (spoken to the seller twice, just no interest) and I think I can make a profit, but………. There’s lots of nice cars sitting unsold so don’t want to be stuck with it over winter so I’ve done nothing, yet………

I noticed a car was linked to you yesterday, I had a nosey, lovely looking car and well maintained initial thoughts were nice car, slightly over what I’d personally have thought it’d fetch, and again a but, but in today’s market looks like a good buy. Nice car so commanding a good price that it most likely wouldn’t have 2/3 yrs ago. But being a good example possibility negating some future maintenance costs of a cheaper car looks a good car for the money

All imho, I suppose in answer to your question, I’d be expecting an early reasonably well sorted 3.0 auto to be running me somewhere around £4K with 80-100k ish with the knowledge I may be dropping another £500-£1k for stuff that I may want to do, leading back to the well maintained car mentioned above. Same rough ballpark, so makes that look like a good buy :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

designoutlaws

Current Z4 Prices

Post by designoutlaws » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:58 am

Hahah I did think that once I pressed send😂

I just feel like im out of the loop with everything. My old car was a second car and I hunted for months to find the 'dream' one where as this time round it'll probably be my daily driver as I was an idiot and put a lift & 37inch mud tyres on my daily... So i'm not as fussed on spec etc as i'd rather find a cheaper car and not be too upset when my dog gets in hahah. i just know I want a 3 litre😂

I think what i'm struggling with is seeing the cars i wouldn't of batted an eye lid at selling for what I bought my 'dream' one for!

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to reply mate.

designoutlaws

Current Z4 Prices

Post by designoutlaws » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 am

Well i've forgot how to reply to someone on here...😂 hope you see it Andy!

Robster68

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Robster68 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:27 am

All imho, I suppose in answer to your question, I’d be expecting an early reasonably well sorted 3.0 auto to be running me somewhere around £4K with 80-100k ish with the knowledge I may be dropping another £500-£1k for stuff that I may want to do, leading back to the well maintained car mentioned above. Same rough ballpark, so makes that look like a good buy :thumbsup:

Bang on the money with this although I paid £3400 for my 3.0l manual with a pretty good spec and 83,000 miles.The owner lived in London and was getting ripped off with servicing/maintenance costs and I think she just wanted to get shot of it.
    If you can fix these cars yourself,with the help of the forum of course,bargain of the century.

Rockhopper

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Rockhopper » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 am

If you spot a car enter it’s details into WBAC then add£1000-£1500 to the price and you’ll get a realistic idea of it’s true value. WBAC closely track what the market is doing so their prices tend to be very accurate.
    I think the price of petrol is what’s killing used Z4 values at the moment. I bought mine after the first lockdown when petrol was £1.06 a litre. I hardly drive it these days….

tomscott
    Lifer
    Lifer

Current Z4 Prices

Post by tomscott » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:59 am

I put my M into Carwow this week and they offered me just north of 7k :rofl: 9k from wbac. I would think its probably worth 15-15.5k in actuality. Ive spent more than 7k on it :rofl:

06 with 75k miles.... it is definitely worth more than £8.5k as suggested above... infact it would be bargain of the century.

So ye its a bit of a funny time to be buying and selling... Id hate to think what the valuations of these 'sheds' are through these buy and sell sites.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:10 am

designoutlaws wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 am Well i've forgot how to reply to someone on here...😂 hope you see it Andy!
    :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Robster68

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Robster68 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am

Don’t knock the WBAC valuations please,they give me a great price to present to French customs now I have to pay import duty thanks to Brexit.

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Current Z4 Prices

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 am

Robster68 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am Don’t knock the WBAC valuations please,they give me a great price to present to French customs now I have to pay import duty thanks to Brexit.
      :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

SonnyA85

Current Z4 Prices

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm

Rockhopper wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 am If you spot a car enter it’s details into WBAC then add£1000-£1500 to the price and you’ll get a realistic idea of it’s true value. WBAC closely track what the market is doing so their prices tend to be very accurate.
        I think the price of petrol is what’s killing used Z4 values at the moment. I bought mine after the first lockdown when petrol was £1.06 a litre. I hardly drive it these days….
        Price of petrol is just one part of the calculation.

Interest rate rises (a lot of people have overextended on mortgages). Gas and Leccy increases. Inflation. Impending recession. Smaller amounts of disposable income.

There is a lot of factors affecting the price of them and will do so for a long time to come. If I was looking to sell I would do so immediately because things are going to get significantly worse and will be bad for a long time. The impending stock market collapse is going to be one which is four fold of that in 2008. Nobody will have seen a recession like this before.

If you are looking to buy wait a year or two and you will be able to trade a mars bar for one (hyperbole for those that need it pointed out).

enuff_zed
        Lifer
        Lifer

Current Z4 Prices

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:07 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm The impending stock market collapse is going to be one which is four fold of that in 2008. Nobody will have seen a recession like this before.
        Phew! Dodged a bullet there then!
        I was about to take you up on your offer of advising us all how to put all our money into stocks and shares. :rofl:

(Sarcasm, for those that need it pointed out. :wink: )
        HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
        Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

True-Blue
        Lifer
        Lifer

Current Z4 Prices

Post by True-Blue » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:09 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm
        Rockhopper wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 am If you spot a car enter it’s details into WBAC then add£1000-£1500 to the price and you’ll get a realistic idea of it’s true value. WBAC closely track what the market is doing so their prices tend to be very accurate.

Interest rate rises (a lot of people have overextended on mortgages). Gas and Leccy increases. Inflation. Impending recession. Smaller amounts of disposable income.

There is a lot of factors affecting the price of them and will do so for a long time to come. If I was looking to sell I would do so immediately because things are going to get significantly worse and will be bad for a long time. The impending stock market collapse is going to be one which is four fold of that in 2008. Nobody will have seen a recession like this before.

If you are looking to buy wait a year or two and you will be able to trade a mars bar for one (hyperbole for those that need it pointed out).
        Which bit of this is hyperbole? I genuinely can’t tell….

Do you genuinely believe that the worlds economy is going to collapse by a margin never seen in modern times? 4 times worse than 2008??

If so, I think I’ll sell my house now and buy another for a fraction of the price with a triple garage later on… always fancied a pit and a lift.

At the O.P. - prices have softened quite a bit, the E86 market stands out the most to me. During the peak, E86’s were selling quickly at increasing prices. Now there are quite a number for sale that aren’t moving, and some look like excellent examples :thumbsup:

The E85 market is also in a bit of a mess as far as asking prices go and, as you’re finding, this is where the problem lies - Sorting the wheat from the chaff.

There’s been a bubble on used car prices, but now purse strings are tightening luxuries are the first things to go, and two seater ‘toy’ cars with thirsty (relatively) engines fall into that category. So the market starts to flood and asking prices are all over the price. ‘’But I paid £7k how can it be worth £4k now?”…. Because supply and demand has now reversed, too much supply and too little demand… be patient, and you’ll get a good car at a sensible price point :thumbsup:
        Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

pvr
        Legend
        Legend

Current Z4 Prices

Post by pvr » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:38 pm

In 2018, a 3.0 SI with 70k was around £6500 (example: viewtopic.php?t=110680)

4 years later, we see the same with a lot more miles being put up for sale at the same price point. I expect them to be around the 5k mark at best soon.
        Current:
        911-50 Black - unique spec
        X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
        Abarth 595 Comp.
        Golf Clipper - collectors item
        Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
        VW ID.3

Previous:
        Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
        Z4 3.0 Toledo

buzyg
        Legend
        Legend

Current Z4 Prices

Post by buzyg » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:57 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:53 pm

Got to love an optimist. :lol: :thumbsup: