Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Traction control and brake warning lights

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
colb

Post by colb » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Out and about around the SouthCoast this week with the Z4, after a. Sharp left turn at a roundabout I got amber traction control and brake shoe lights on the dash, didn’t clear until I did a restart and both now out. Not put the Creator 310+ on it to see if they left any codes as yet. Typical to get something crop up MOT due next month. Must say other than this the car is running like a dream and roof down all the time.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:07 am

Potentially something as simple as the wheel going light and slipping a bit in the turn.
As you say, check the codes.
Also worth checking the routing of the sensor cable, just in case it pulled tight?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:20 am

Quite possible that one of the DSC sensors is starting to fail - this often starts as an intermittent fault and then eventually becomes permanent. There are two of the sensors and they have to agree within a certain tolerance or a fault is generated. Get the codes pulled and, assuming it's the sensor, it'll tell you which one.

Replacement sensor costs around £95 from Soapers and is an easy DIY replacement as long as you have (or can borrow) a 27mm spanner.

If you look at this thread , the 2nd & 3rd pages have the info necessary for the DIY repair
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

colb

Post by colb » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:29 pm

Code reader on this morning revealed brake pressure sensor and tyre pressure code all cleared as not currently present. No lights have returned, replaced one of the master cylinder sensors a while ago maybe the other is on its way out,spare in the garage waiting.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650

colb

Post by colb » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:49 pm

Had a second occurrence of the same warning lights activated again when turning left and braking. Same codes, cleared and lights off again. Had a look at live data from the two pressure sensors on the master cylinder and one is showing a negative figure at rest, both seem equal when brake applied so I am presuming one is out of tolerence and the cause of the codes and lights. Will put the new spare I have in after double checking which one it is thats reading low, easy enough will disconnect one at a time and look at live data on the scanner, my money is on the original one thats still in there.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650