Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eibach lowering springs

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:55 am

My 2015 28i M Sport is fitted with the suspension delete which I assume means standard springs and dampers as fitted to a 28i.

Considering the car has 18” run flat tyres fitted,I am suprised how well the car generally rides and drives, turning into corners very nicely and overall considering how poor roads surface can be to actually exceed my expectations.

However it does sit a little high so have bought a set of Eibach pro kit springs with a drop25mm front and 15 m rear drop.

My question I’d does anybody have experience of this modification as I am loath to fit if they are likely to run out of supension travel compared to the present set up and maybe touch the front bump stops early causing the sudden jolt which I detest?

warmasice

Eibach lowering springs

Post by warmasice » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:53 pm

My experience is that the ride is better. No issues with suspension travel at all. The H&R springs are harsh and have an even lower drop. Eibach pro-kit springs are bang on.
BMW Z4.jpg
BMW Z4.jpg (118.22 KiB) Viewed 830 times

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:14 pm

Thanks for that.

Your car does look low and on 19’s
Mine’s on std non MSport suspension on 18’s so should be good.

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Eibach lowering springs

Post by B21 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:26 pm

A decent set of shocks to suit would be a good investment :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

R.E92

Eibach lowering springs

Post by R.E92 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:23 am

B21 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:26 pm A decent set of shocks to suit would be a good investment :thumbsup:
Yes, get shocks at the same time. With all the work involved changing the springs you may as well do a full refresh. New shocks, top mounts and spring pads.

warmasice

Eibach lowering springs

Post by warmasice » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:09 pm

Yes, bare in mind you'll be on SE springs. M sport springs or equivalent would be a better match.

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:28 pm

Not sure if my response went though however I am only concerned as to the compatibility of the Eibach spring with the minimum drop with the standard 28i non M Sport set up.

I think the first reply stated that it was very good and an improvement over standard.

Apart from a whole change has anyone else got experience of this spring change only?

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:31 pm

I do appreciate other recommendations re the Eibach pro kit spring and damper set up but I just don’t need it as I happy enough with the standard non M Sport set up… just sits a tad high!

warmasice

Eibach lowering springs

Post by warmasice » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:52 pm

I can only comment on m sport shocks with eibach pro-kit springs and they're great.

Not sure about the SE shocks and eibach pro-kit match-up. Perhaps someone who has that setup will chime in soon. You just don't want a bouncy ride.

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Just to reconfirm about your car…. Did you have standard non m sport springs and then you changed to a large spring drop with Eibach? I ask as your car although on 19’s look set pretty low.

Thanks

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:38 pm

Thanks again and clears the question up a treat!

Agreed don’t want a bouncy ride. I have experience of Eibachs in the past especially on race cars and they are good springs, however Eibach blurb indicates good compatibility for the Z4 using there numbers for the Susp drop on standard non m sport springs!

warmasice

Eibach lowering springs

Post by warmasice » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:30 pm

Gca wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:31 pm Just to reconfirm about your car…. Did you have standard non m sport springs and then you changed to a large spring drop with Eibach? I ask as your car although on 19’s look set pretty low.

Thanks
I had factory m sport suspension (shocks and springs). Replaced the springs with the eibach pro kit. 👍

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:41 pm

Not suprised that the Eibach kit was better especially on 19’s!

Interestingly I read when the 28i E89 series first came out the press recommended staying away from the M Sport suspension - I’ve not driven one but can vouch for how good the standard set up is for general use, actually I really enjoy it especially as it’s also a manual which allows me to interact and heel and toe beautifully especially in sport mode which livens the response up very well.

warmasice

Eibach lowering springs

Post by warmasice » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:56 pm

I also moved away from runflats not long after changing the springs. Completely different car! None of that crashiness. It's really enjoyable to drive. Especially with a remap!

Gca

Eibach lowering springs

Post by Gca » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:02 pm

Agreed the tyres although my run flats are in good shape at the moment.

Did you find that non run flats took away some of the sharpness when turning in although may be the better damper action plus resetting the toe in restored it all back.

Re the remap is yours a 28i?

My 28i averages 41.5 mpg and although always the remap people will tell you otherwise my own experience is that I’ve always noticed a fairly large drop even trying for economy… can stand wasting money on fuel especially at the moment.

By the way I adore big V8 engines !