Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E86 Eisenmann race backbox without mid silencer .

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:22 pm

I have finally got round to doing a video of the back box sound without mid silencer . The mid silencer was just replaced with steel tubing . Sound as always isn`t brilliant but gives an idea of the change in sound for those that asked and those that didn`t :lol: .

There are 3 short clips .

Cold start and revs with mid silencer .

Cold start without mid silencer.

Cold start revs .

:thumbsup:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHbw ... DIhvGIk1Hw
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

DaveD

Post by DaveD » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Thanks for this. Very interesting as it’s on my list. What’s your view on how much louder it is, and how it changes the sound vs just the race exhaust with middle silencer in place. Do you prefer it?
Z4 Coupe 3.0si - Stratus Grey - M sport seats, headlining, New England, Carver, Cruise, Xenons, sT XTAs, Eisenmann race, 18” 405m
G21 M340i - Tanzanite - Tech Pack, Comfort + Pack, Visibility pack, pan roof.

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:28 pm

DaveD wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:48 pm What’s your view on how much louder it is, and how it changes the sound vs just the race exhaust with middle silencer in place. Do you prefer it?
Hi Dave ,

It is louder but not annoying loud unless you really rev the hell out of it at a standstill .

It sounds raspier so if you don`t like rasp leave it as is or try replacing with a packable silencer until you find the sound you want .

Yes I prefer it and have no intention at the moment to change it . However I havn`t done a long motorway drive in it yet so that might change .

Hope that helps . If you are ever over my way give me a shout :thumbsup:
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .