Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Haynes online Autofix for Z4?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
sharpyboy

Post by sharpyboy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:08 pm

Hi There

Just wondering if anyone had used Haynes new online service Autofix, it's £26 for an improved online Haynes manual
With extra diagnostic help. https://haynes.com/en-gb/car-manuals-1? ... UMQAvD_BwE
2006 Z4 2.5i gap-tech rch+ roof mod + zhp + roof motor now in boot + DLV Exhaust mod

sharpyboy

Post by sharpyboy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:32 pm

Anyone?
2006 Z4 2.5i gap-tech rch+ roof mod + zhp + roof motor now in boot + DLV Exhaust mod

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:08 pm

OK, just so you didn't feel ignored I took a look.
Put in the reg of my newly acquired 3.0i roadster and it brought up a pic of a coupe!
Doesn't instil a lot of confidence.
However, undaunted I forged ahead.
My personal opinion?
I'd stay subscribed to this forum, suss out a couple of local members with mechanical experience and an idea how to use code readers, Carly, etc and save your money to buy them a few beers when you need help.
But, to qualify that, I have a lifetime of fast jet mechanical work behind me. Less hands-on types may well find this useful.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

sharpyboy

Post by sharpyboy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Thanks for replying

I have Carly and have used it to clear/read codes and coding but I was more interested in what was available online
As Haynes never brought out a manual for a Z4.

Z4Mariner

Post by Z4Mariner » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:39 am

I am counting on a combination of help from this forum, a similar mostly-North America forum, and the pair of Bentley manuals I have for the E46 and E90/E91/E92/E93 3-series cars. I would love to have TIS as well, but it looks as if that is a BMW paid subscription only.

I've "trained" on an E46 325xi and then on an E88 128i (which had a version of the N52 engine). But with some of the unique parts there's nothing that can match the help of fellow enthusiasts who have seen and fixed the same problem before !
Z4Mariner
Minnesota, USA

2006 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, Montego Blue, MT

Beesza

Post by Beesza » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:49 pm

I bought the Haynes online manual and never use it. It’s incredibly basic and I can never find what I need as it isn’t there. I’m usually looking for torque values.

RealOEM.com is great for finding part numbers.
Bummer-service.com is good for official bmw service manuals.
Workshop-manuals.com is also very good once you work out the unintuitive user interface

Robster68

Post by Robster68 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:15 pm

If I need torque settings for z4 I use my E36
Haynes manual,I always found the Haynes manuals a big vague covering too many models for car and motorcycle but you know it’s a part of car fixing history in the uk at least.