Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Blue Z4 2.2i for sale. NOW SOLD, thanks for all your advice

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Tigertrousers

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale. NOW SOLD, thanks for all your advice

Post by Tigertrousers » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:45 am

Hi,
I’m selling this Z4 for a friend, I know very little about the car, and have next to no idea of its value, so don’t shoot me down if it’s completely wrongly priced. I’ve got to start somewhere!

It’s a 2004 3.2i, with 90,000 miles on the block, it’s been standing outside for about 18 months, and is looking a little sad because of this. It drives nicely and apparently was serviced just before my friend stopped driving it (long story there, I can tell you if you’re interested). When I went over to collect it, it started and ran fine, once we’d put a fresh battery on it.

Never tried to upload a picture on here, so here’s a first attempt

Fingers crossed that’s worked, I’ve got lots of photos, but I probably won’t upload them all until I’m certain I’m doing it right.

Problems with the car are as follows.

Roof motor not working, it unlatches and relatches ok, also unable to lower the roof manually, the red thing in the boot doesn’t seem to be doing what it should

Large crack in the windscreen

Wheel trims scabby

Roof fabric fine structurally but has some staining from birds etc, and generally being outside.

Headlight glass cloudy, and misted.

Couple of very small dents in the passenger door, and a scratch behind the rear wheel, driver’s side.

Driver’s seat has some wear and tear, no actual tears, but it’s “distressed” in a shabby chic style, all the rage, so they tell me.

So all in all, not the most thrilling thing you’ve ever seen, but a very doable fix-up for the right person.

Here goes with a few more tries at photos.

If those have worked I’ll try some more in a minute

Edit.
There are more pics in a second post below, and further to requests for pics of the interior and engine bay, here are some of those.

The car is currently in Rainham, Essex, not far from the Dartford Crossing, you’re welcome to come and see it.
Feel free to ask questions, or request particular photos, and I’ll answer to the best of my ability.

As I said, I’m kind of plucking a figure out of the air here, so £2,000, but that’s not cast in stone. Talk to me!

Cheers
Caz
Last edited by Tigertrousers on Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:08 am

Sadly as you're probably aware, the market is in a nosedive right now. Having said that, I'll summarise my first impressions.

1. Wheels can be swapped or refurbished but someone would need around £500 to sort that.
2. Roof shouldn't be a major issue for those in the know. A process of elimination until you find the fault.
3. Seats? Could do with a photo really. Are they heated?
4. Headlights. Cloudy on the outside is easily sorted, but condensation inside is more of a problem if it's started to damage the reflector etc.
5. Dents etc, well its 20 years old, they all have a few.
6. Windscreen. Can be done on insurance I guess, but may be difficult if it hasn't been on the road as the insurers may kick back on it. Is it an MOT fail? Again, a photo would help.
7. A buyer would need to factor in transport costs as well.

Could you please stick up a couple of interior shots and engine bay too. Check the front top mounts for any signs of splitting of the rubber as this would mean a buyer having to budget for those at least, and probably a whole suspension refresh while they're in there.

I'll be honest, i think the price is around the right area as it needs doing up, but I think you'll also get people coming along with a lower offer and then breaking it. As it stands you would probably make more doing that.

I got one off the drive to a new owner yesterday, leaving just the two E85s, plus the E89 in the garage. However, my comment of 'room for another one now' did not go down particularly well, or I may have been heading your way.

Good luck with either selling it or breaking it yourself.

If you need any more assistance or thoughts feel free to PM me.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Tigertrousers

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by Tigertrousers » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:17 am

OK
The photo posting worked, apart from being a bit big, and posting the same photo twice. What a plonker.
Here goes for some more pics

Warning, internet idiot at work.

(Apologies for comedy bloke molesting a cat in the background)

Tigertrousers

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by Tigertrousers » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am

Thanks, Enuff

Got to pop out for a couple of hours, I’ll get some pics from under the bonnet a bit later

Caz

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 am

MSport seats :thumbsup:
Heated but can't see if manual or electrically operated?
Worth a bit on their own.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:27 am

Tigertrousers wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am Thanks, Enuff

Got to pop out for a couple of hours, I’ll get some pics from under the bonnet a bit later

Caz
Sending you a PM

Sidewaze Samm

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:41 am

Tigertrousers wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:17 am
My son's zed had a cracked windscreen exactly like that. Not sure what caused it, but I see yours has been caused by the leprechaun jumping on the wiper arm.

GLWTS
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by Zedebee » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Not shooting you down, but I think you’ll be lucky to get more than £1500. There’s a fair bit to do to get this close to shipshape and then there’s what we don’t know. Sure it may be a good project car, but do-er uppers want to buy cheap to reduce their risk. They and breakers are probably your only market.

That’s just my opinion, but I have the experience of selling an 03 Maldives Blue 2.5i recently, buying another (more or less identical) one to fix up, and now trying to sell it.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:50 pm

Tigertrousers wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:17 am
Warning, internet idiot at work.

(Apologies for comedy bloke molesting a cat in the background)
Brilliant - I nearly choked on my cup of tea reading that post. :lol:

GLWTS. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:02 pm

Zedebee wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:10 pm Not shooting you down, but I think you’ll be lucky to get more than £1500. There’s a fair bit to do to get this close to shipshape and then there’s what we don’t know. Sure it may be a good project car, but do-er uppers want to buy cheap to reduce their risk. They and breakers are probably your only market.

That’s just my opinion, but I have the experience of selling an 03 Maldives Blue 2.5i recently, buying another (more or less identical) one to fix up, and now trying to sell it.
Funnily enough, more or less the advice I passed on too.
I've already suggested the best way to make money is to break it.
Let's be honest we're all looking at those seats thinking that for the price of a bottle of Furniture Clinic and a couple of hours work, there's half the value of the car. :wink:
If I hadn't had the look from wifey that was the virtual equivalent of a kick in the gonads then this car would be on it's way to me already. :roll:

Tigertrousers

Blue Z4 2.2i for sale. More photos now added

Post by Tigertrousers » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:43 pm

Thanks for all your advice guys, I know sod all about these strange Teutonic vehicles, it’s also probably the most modern contraption that’s ever come through the door. Far more familiar with the good old British bakelite and rust combo, and you know where you are with Lucas electrics (normally on the back of an AA trailer)

If it was mine, or if the money from selling it was going to be mine, I’d maybe spend some time and energy tarting it up, but I’m only doing a favour for a mate here, and I’ve got far more important things to do with my time. I’ll stick it on Car and Classic, I’ve had a few results selling things there in the past, and if nobody bites on there, then I’ll go the dreaded EBay route.

At least I’ve made you lot laugh with my windscreen pic.

Caz

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:31 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:02 pm Let's be honest we're all looking at those seats thinking that for the price of a bottle of Furniture Clinic and a couple of hours work, there's half the value of the car. :wink:
There’s a few sets kicking around for 700-800, so they aren’t worth what they were last year. I don’t know how much you value your time, but these ones look around 500 to me, hence a grand for the rest of the car. Good luck to OP if he can get more for it for his friend.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Ghila36

Post by Ghila36 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:37 pm

I have sent you a PM, when you have a chance please let me know.