Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SPORT MODE

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Rokomotion

SPORT MODE

Post by Rokomotion » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:12 am

HI EVERYONE! I NEED SOME HELP IF POSSIBLE, I´M NEW HERE..

HOW U CAN SEE, I HAVE SOME DOUBTS ABOUT THE SPORTS MODE, WHEN THE IGNITION IS ON I CAN SEE THE LIGHT ON THE SPORT BUTTON X 1 SEC, SO AFTER THAT I PRESS THE BUTTON BUT THE LIGHT IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE, AND I CAN´T SEE THE LIGHT AGAIN.. SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT´S THE REGULAR SITUATION IF I HAVEN´T THE SPORTS SYSTEM INSTALED OR IF YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN MY Z4 2.5 I E85 2003.

THANKS SO MUCH!

buzyg
Legend
Legend

SPORT MODE

Post by buzyg » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:30 am

Welcome on board. :)

Slightly odd first post. Capitals are usually reserve for bots. Also suggest you delete your repeat post in the old thread on Like buttons.

To my knowledge all E85's have a sport mode of some form. the feel of your steering should weight up when it is active and the throttle response should also change to a more aggressive map. Assuming you have a manual transmission that's about it.

A picture of your car wouldn't go amiss either. :wink:
Last edited by buzyg on Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rokomotion

SPORT MODE

Post by Rokomotion » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:18 am

Thanks so much for your reply..

I was driving my z4 today morning and I can feel the difference when I press the button, but, the light isn´t working, only when the ignition key is in position ON and it´s just for 1 second.

Rokomotion

SPORT MODE

Post by Rokomotion » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:20 am

It´s my Z4 2.5i E85 2003
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-27 at 3.52.14 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-27 at 3.52.14 PM.jpeg (166.44 KiB) Viewed 508 times

buzyg
Legend
Legend

SPORT MODE

Post by buzyg » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:44 pm

Nice angle. 8) :thumbsup:

BumpyZ4

SPORT MODE

Post by BumpyZ4 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:36 pm

Once you press the button the light should stay on until you press it again.
2003 E85 3.0i Sterling Gray
KLR 650
Diva Roadster (Kit Car)

DMike

SPORT MODE

Post by DMike » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:02 pm

Iirc, it’s the eps module that receives the button press signal and initiates signalling sport mode to other modules, and puts the light on. Is your power steering behaving normally?
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

DMike

SPORT MODE

Post by DMike » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:17 pm

I’d scan it to see whats going on after the button press. Just for background information, from BMW’s training documents:

The MS45 ECM contains two different throttle progression functions (Sport and Normal). The Dynamic Driving Control function is selected by pressing the “Sport” button located in the cen- ter console (1).
The switch provides a ground signal (input) to the ECM when pressed. The MS45 activates the sport characteristics for the Electronic throttle control (EDK). This provides an increase in throttle opening and response time over the non-sport position.
When this function is activated, the function indicator light in the Sport button is illuminated by the Electric Power Steering (EPS) Control Module. When the ignition is cycled, this function resets back to the non-sport function (it must be re-selected by the driver).
The ECM additionally provides the request for the Dynamic Driving Control function over the PT CAN bus to the following control modules:

• Electronic Power Steering (EPS) • Automatic transmission (EGS)
• Instrument cluster (Kombi) • SMG 6-speed sequential manual gearbox

…and in the eps section:

Dynamic Driving Control Function
When the Dynamic Driving Control function is selected with the “Sport” button, the engine management system directs the request signal via the PT-CAN Bus to the EPS Control Module.
The EPS Control Module switches to sporty vehicle handling. This provides higher steering and holding forces.
1. MS45 ECM
2. Dynamic Driving Control “Sport” button
3. EPS servo unit and control module
4. Steering angle sensor (LWS)
5. DSC control module
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

Rokomotion

SPORT MODE

Post by Rokomotion » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:24 pm

DMike wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:02 pm Iirc, it’s the eps module that receives the button press signal and initiates signalling sport mode to other modules, and puts the light on. Is your power steering behaving normally?

Yes, no problem with the power steering, and i can feel the difference when i´m pushing more gas

Rokomotion

SPORT MODE

Post by Rokomotion » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:31 pm

Thanks so much for your answer, but i can feel how it´s working, just the light is not working, i can feel more power but it´s not same with the power steering!