Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ISA’s

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

ISA’s

Post by ronk » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:40 pm

You could always listen to some Abba music:-

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

ISA’s

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

ronk wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:40 pm You could always listen to some Abba music:-

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always Sonny
In the rich man's world
:rofl:
Tweaked that for you. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

ISA’s

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Mind you, wouldn't we be better off with something from Sonny and Share? :roll:

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

ISA’s

Post by ronk » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:55 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm
Mind you, wouldn't we be better off with something from Sonny and Share? :roll:
:rofl: :rofl:

N4LLY

ISA’s

Post by N4LLY » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:13 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:24 pm The £ gets you $1.18 when a year ago it was $1.4 and not so long ago was $2.
Errrr Euro's

Please understand i was trading with Europe before the UK joined the Common market (Not EU)
Trading daily with Europe happily after Brexit. SonnyA85 what's your problem with Brexit and the Tories.
How does it affect your profit's ?

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

SonnyA85

ISA’s

Post by SonnyA85 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:57 pm

N4LLY wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:13 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:24 pm The £ gets you $1.18 when a year ago it was $1.4 and not so long ago was $2.
Errrr Euro's

Please understand i was trading with Europe before the UK joined the Common market (Not EU)
Trading daily with Europe happily after Brexit. SonnyA85 what's your problem with Brexit and the Tories.
How does it affect your profit's ?
You picked a specific denomination euro to argue the £ is stronger. I then used dollar to say it wasn't to prove its ignorant to look at one part of a multi layer equation. Yes the £ may have moved to be slightly stronger against the euro within a small time frame but wasn't the £ at one point worth a lot more than 1.18 euros? So if there has been a small pull back that means nothing in the overall picture.

Well everyone is going on about how much they care about poor people and that they sympathise. They are having to sell their Z4 to pay bills. They are having to choose between energy and food, etc.

You clearly don't see the connection between my argument before when I pointed out the £ has weakened against USD and that's the currency the world runs on not euros. So therefore using euros as a metric for how well the UK doing is a poor one. So it's obvious why you can't see the connection between how the Tory party and their policies and Brexit has been detrimental to the poorest within the UK.

Now the majority of England voted for Brexit and have been voting Tory for the past 12 years that is a fact. You say you car about the poor but the truth is when you can do something to help them you look after your own interests and vote Brexit and Tory.

The Tories make detrimental decisions in terms of the poorest. They make decisions which benefit their own interests and for their friends and lobbyists to further their own interests and those of their friends. This is at the detriment of the poorest.

Do you believe the Tory party benefits the poorest within the UK? Do you believe Brexit benefits the poorest within the UK? Prices are going up thanks to Brexit therefore the poor can afford to buy less. Yes there has been many more factors than just Brexit. Gas prices, oil prices, chip shortages. But Brexit also added additional pressure we could have done without.

Now the tories when advocating for Brexit said that they could take control and zero rate household energy bills. That was a positive for Brexit and I agree that is a positive. Do you know the history behind VAT or what it is?

VAT is a luxury consumer tax. That means it's designed to only be placed on luxury products and it's the consumer who ultimately pays it.

That's why women advocated for tampons to be zero rated. The problem is when you are part of the EU when you join you cannot change what is zero rated. So we couldn't remove VAT from tampons all we could do is reduce rate it. VAT has various forms. Zero rated, reduce rated, standard rated and exempt. Different goods and services fall into different categories.

Residential homes are zero rated.
Insurance is exempt.
Residential energy is reduce rated.
Chocolate is standard rated.

Now the history of residential energy within Britain is it used to be zero rated. Britain needed money and fast. So some smart guy said let's add VAT to residential energy that means now everyone in l the UK will now pay standard rate of Vat on gas and electric and that means overnight they gained a lot of money. Now comes the the really smart part. Once you remove something from zero rating they can't put it back because of EU. So they said okay we got the money now just reduce rate it. They did so because they had no other choice. Brilliant. Absolutely fantastic decisions especially for the poorest.

Now the tories said they would do this as a part of Brexit and now everyone is asking them to zero rate residential energy like it should have been and they are refusing to do so. Remember at the beginning when I said VAT is a luxury tax. I don't view gas and electric as luxury products. They have no right having VAT on them. That's why residential homes are zero rated. That's why tampons are now zero rated. Now the truth is Tories could zero rate it and help the poorest but they won't. They would rather place a luxury tax on a essential product than help the poor. Quite frankly disgusting.

So you say that you really care about the poor but the fact is the majority of England has voted and continues to vote a party that won't actually help the poor. I'm not talking about handouts here. I'm talking about during a massive energy crisis making residential energy which isn't a luxury product zero rated.

Now I have answered why I have mentiythem this is just one example can you now see the correlation between Brexit and the Tories and how that affects the poorest?

Do you agree or disagree that residential energy is a luxury product?

Should it have a luxury tax attached to it in the form of reduced rate VAT?

Making it zero rated would save the average household several hundreds per year every year. Not a one off handout like the Tories are doing and going back on their Brexit promises.

The fact they are refusing to do this on something which is a no brainer just shows you how corrupt they are.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

ISA’s

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:59 pm

You'll be delighted to know you spent ages writing the longest post in the world and I've just replied without reading a word of it.

Now be a good boy, go to bed and be sure mummy tucks you in tight.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

ISA’s

Post by Scubaregs » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:10 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:57 pm Making it zero rated would save the average household several hundreds per year every year.
Save them hundreds a year when they could simply follow guru Sonny and retire with 3 million quid? :rofl:

But we are getting somewhere, we have now narrowed down Colonial Britain to the tories.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

ISA’s

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:18 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:36 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:34 pm SonnyA85, for over 5 years nothing, then all of a sudden you're on here spouting all kinds of stuff. Given the rubbish advice you've dished out on Z4 matters, is it any wonder we are taking everything you say on here with a lorry-load of salt?
Please, do us all a favour and knock it on the head will you?
See you in 2027. :thumbsup:
Now now, he was saving the first 5 years and refusing to pay a broadband supplier......
But he was using his dad’s :roll:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

True-Blue
    Lifer
    Lifer

ISA’s

Post by True-Blue » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:38 pm

Sadly you all keep quoting him, which means I see some of his stuff in your replies….

The ignore button is good though :wink:
    Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

True-Blue
    Lifer
    Lifer

ISA’s

Post by True-Blue » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:48 pm

Been in the car, which is hybrid not electric, for the last couple of hours…. No range anxiety here.

I see that this is the thread that keeps on giving, and that from a ‘quoted’ post the recession 4 times worse than 2008 is definitely coming…. All because of Brexit, the Tories and Biden’s offspring. Putin nowhere to blame?

Not sure how our friend Votes, don’t care, but interestingly a couple of stories doing the rounds in the press at the moment about how the Labour Party is struggling to manage it’s own finances…. Apparently the unions are not providing the financial support they used to. Sir Keir requesting all donations go to party HQ. This has got about as much to do with ISA’s as a lot of the other stuff posted on here.

Anyway, this thread is much more fun only reading quoted outtake’s 👍
    Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

ISA’s

Post by ronk » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:20 pm

The epic post had 3964 characters !

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

ISA’s

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:21 pm

True-Blue wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:48 pm this thread is much more fun only reading quoted outtake’s 👍
    Not sure about out takes, but the phrase 'take out' has been randomly crossing my mind :D

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

ISA’s

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:27 pm

ronk wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:20 pm The epic post had 3964 characters !
    It’s all your bloody fault anyway :rcard: :rcard: :rcard: :rofl: :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Scubaregs
      Lifer
      Lifer

ISA’s

Post by Scubaregs » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:33 pm

ronk wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:20 pm The epic post had 3964 characters !
      That will be up 40% by tomorrow.
      Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
      Image Image