Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fuel Prices

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Old-Duckman

Fuel Prices

Post by Old-Duckman » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm

I don’t know the conversion factor (price per liter vs $ per gallon) but prices over here vary State to State. I live in Pennsylvania but am just 11 miles from a station in Ohio. At the highest both states were selling regular for $4.99.9. Saturday I filled up the pick-up with regular in Ohio for $3.89.9. 11 miles away back in PA it was $4.59.9.

I know that probably many of you are not Trump fans but when he was in office I was paying on the average of $2.40-ish. Biden’s energy destroying policies have contributed to the meteoric raise in prices we have seen over here. The raise started before any Russia/Ukraine conflict began.

baljemmett

Fuel Prices

Post by baljemmett » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Old-Duckman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm I don’t know the conversion factor (price per liter vs $ per gallon)
About 1:4.65 at the moment (3.785 litres/US gallon times a just-checked 1.23 USD/GBP), so the tank I'm two-thirds of the way through cost me about $8.85/gal about a fortnight ago. Up from somewhere in the region of $6 in January, or thereabouts, but at least a bit down from the recent peak of over $9.30 (£2/l). Although to be fair I haven't looked up the historic currency rates there but 1.2 is close enough for chewing the fat.

Secondtothird

Fuel Prices

Post by Secondtothird » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:47 pm

Old-Duckman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm I don’t know the conversion factor (price per liter vs $ per gallon) but prices over here vary State to State. I live in Pennsylvania but am just 11 miles from a station in Ohio. At the highest both states were selling regular for $4.99.9. Saturday I filled up the pick-up with regular in Ohio for $3.89.9. 11 miles away back in PA it was $4.59.9.

I know that probably many of you are not Trump fans but when he was in office I was paying on the average of $2.40-ish. Biden’s energy destroying policies have contributed to the meteoric raise in prices we have seen over here. The raise started before any Russia/Ukraine conflict began.
Trump also wasn't in office during the huge post-pandemic restriction bounceback of global energy demand that's led to the inevitable surge in global oil prices and thus what you're paying at the pump.

You may not like Biden, fine, but you'd be paying way more than your pre-pandemic $2.40/gallon whether Trump was still in power or not, don't kid yourself.

Let's keep politics out of it I'd say.

Owen

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Fuel Prices

Post by Nanu » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:50 pm

Old-Duckman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm I know that probably many of you are not Trump fans but when he was in office I was paying on the average of $2.40-ish. Biden’s energy destroying policies have contributed to the meteoric raise in prices we have seen over here. The raise started before any Russia/Ukraine conflict began.
Not wanting to stoke up a political firestorm on here but (It will be ignored by me at least if it does), Many over this side of the pond will liken what happened to Trump by the establishment as being like what happened to Boris. They don't fit the accepted mould of what politicians should be, but liked by many of the public.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Old-Duckman

Fuel Prices

Post by Old-Duckman » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:00 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:50 pm
Old-Duckman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm I know that probably many of you are not Trump fans but when he was in office I was paying on the average of $2.40-ish. Biden’s energy destroying policies have contributed to the meteoric raise in prices we have seen over here. The raise started before any Russia/Ukraine conflict began.
Many over this side of the pond will liken what happened to Trump by the establishment as being like what happened to Boris. They don't fit the accepted mould of what politicians should be, but liked by many of the public.
Agree totally.

Old-Duckman

Fuel Prices

Post by Old-Duckman » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:11 pm

Secondtothird wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:47 pm
Old-Duckman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm I don’t know the conversion factor (price per liter vs $ per gallon) but prices over here vary State to State. I live in Pennsylvania but am just 11 miles from a station in Ohio. At the highest both states were selling regular for $4.99.9. Saturday I filled up the pick-up with regular in Ohio for $3.89.9. 11 miles away back in PA it was $4.59.9.

Trump also wasn't in office during the huge post-pandemic restriction bounceback of global energy demand that's led to the inevitable surge in global oil prices and thus what you're paying at the pump.

You may not like Biden, fine, but you'd be paying way more than your pre-pandemic $2.40/gallon whether Trump was still in power or not, don't kid yourself.

Owen
As I said in my post...Biden's policies "contributed" to the raise in fuel costs. I would agree that were Trump still our president our fuel costs would still have risen...just not near as much. The whole world is experiencing issues not only with fuel costs but just about everything else as well. My advice to anyone is buy and store food. I have been doing so for a while but surely could use more. Over here all energy prices are rising, electricity and natural gas as well as gasoline. Food prices are risings and are predicted to shoot higher. I know many of you think I'm a bit crazy (OK, maybe more than a bit)...but IMO this is all planned...Hold on I think we are in for a wild ride !

Old-Duckman

Fuel Prices

Post by Old-Duckman » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:12 pm

baljemmett wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:47 pm
Old-Duckman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:21 pm I don’t know the conversion factor (price per liter vs $ per gallon)
Aso the tank I'm two-thirds of the way through cost me about $8.85/gal about a fortnight ago. Up from somewhere in the region of $6 in January, or thereabouts, but at least a bit down from the recent peak of over $9.30 (£2/l).
OUCH !!

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Fuel Prices

Post by Nictrix » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:26 am

Old-Duckman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:11 pm
Secondtothird wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:47 pm

Owen
As I said in my post...Biden's policies "contributed" to the raise in fuel costs. I would agree that were Trump still our president our fuel costs would still have risen...just not near as much. The whole world is experiencing issues not only with fuel costs but just about everything else as well. My advice to anyone is buy and store food. I have been doing so for a while but surely could use more. Over here all energy prices are rising, electricity and natural gas as well as gasoline. Food prices are risings and are predicted to shoot higher. I know many of you think I'm a bit crazy (OK, maybe more than a bit)...but IMO this is all planned...Hold on I think we are in for a wild ride !
Conspiracy theorists as they are called are often mocked and laughed at with names like tin foil hat brigade being thrown at them in a condescending way but you have to laugh when some of these theories start to come true.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Rucky

Fuel Prices

Post by Rucky » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:32 am

£164.9 COSTCO Bristol as of today - just gone down another 4p

I Tank ful pays your membership
97 RON is 171.9
04 2.5i Titan silver - 1st Z4 now sold on
07 3.0si Silver Grey M Sport pak.
X5 and assorted motorbikes

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Fuel Prices

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:11 pm

Noted all the Asda stores locally at £1.79 but everyone else stuck at £1.89 at the weekend, Tesco by me now dropped to £1.82 a litre.

Chancellor will be losing money so expect the 5p fuel duty to be added back n next month
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Rucky

Fuel Prices

Post by Rucky » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:54 pm

Who's the chancellor?
I thought he jacked it in and as running for pm.
Shame no e of them have to buy their own fuel
04 2.5i Titan silver - 1st Z4 now sold on
07 3.0si Silver Grey M Sport pak.
X5 and assorted motorbikes

beanie

Fuel Prices

Post by beanie » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:04 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 am Hope it’s bein reflected in Europe for next months trip :lol:
It’s coming down in Italy, gradually. It had got up to €2-2.10 for regular and €2.20++ for super, but I just filled my girlfriends car with regular for a bargain €1.85. :lol:

I hope France is doing at least as well if not better, I’ll be driving back to the uk in a few days :|
RUBYIMOLACARBON

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Fuel Prices

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:22 am

beanie wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:04 am
Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 am Hope it’s bein reflected in Europe for next months trip :lol:
It’s coming down in Italy, gradually. It had got up to €2-2.10 for regular and €2.20++ for super, but I just filled my girlfriends car with regular for a bargain €1.85. :lol:

I hope France is doing at least as well if not better, I’ll be driving back to the uk in a few days :|
Cheers for letting me know that :thumbsup:

Delighted if the prices are equally low in France. When I was rough costing the trip at the start I think it was €1.85 I based my calculations on and then in some parts of France we’d been told it was heading towards €2.30 so quite an increase.

Saying that €1.85 doesn’t save me much just means Kathleen won’t go as much over budget buying other shite :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Nanu
    Lifer
    Lifer

Fuel Prices

Post by Nanu » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:16 pm

If you check out global oil prices on Google, you get back that they are falling to "lowest prices in months", "less than $95 per barrel" "Lowest since invasion of "Ukraine"

Wonder why they are still quite high and above 174p per litre in our area
    G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
    E89 35is Valencia Orange
    E89 28i Crimson
    E89 25i White

Nictrix
    Lifer
    Lifer

Fuel Prices

Post by Nictrix » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 pm

Nanu wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:16 pm If you check out global oil prices on Google, you get back that they are falling to "lowest prices in months", "less than $95 per barrel" "Lowest since invasion of "Ukraine"

Wonder why they are still quite high and above 174p per litre in our area
    Because everybody is gladly paying it. :(
    There a fuel station fairly local to me and every time I pass it the cars are queuing out onto the road.
    Its not like its the cheapest around either.
    E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)