Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
SonnyA85

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by SonnyA85 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:05 pm

Ed Doe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:12 pm It literally says in the rules for this subforum

viewtopic.php?t=32644

"The first unconditional offer of the asking price secures the sale"

Seems pretty black and white to me?
Exactly what I said

Felipe should get it

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Zedebee » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:08 pm

The rules really are very clear.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Pondrew » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:21 pm

This thread is like the 'buses' scenario.

None come along for 2 weeks, then two come along at once. :lol:

And the best part is that the seller hasn't been on the forum since last Saturday.... :lol:

There have been more "rules" broken by the seller, than either of the potential purchasers, I think. I did read the rules but got bored half way down.

How about organising an after-school fight to settle it? Worked in the old days.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:47 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:21 pm the best part is that the seller hasn't been on the forum since last Saturday
He’ll have sold it on Facebook or something :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Pondrew » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:54 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:47 pm He’ll have sold it on Facebook or something
    Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:47 pm He’ll have sold it on Facebook or something
    eBay for £50 (less fees) :rofl: :rofl:
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by MikeyH » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 pm

Out of interest and for future reference what would happen if a 3rd person came along and offered more than the asking price after the 1st and 2nd person’s offers?
    Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
    Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Calps

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Calps » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:22 pm

MikeyH wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 pm Out of interest and for future reference what would happen if a 3rd person came along and offered more than the asking price after the 1st and 2nd person’s offers?
    Let’s find out!

£121 offered :P
    MelZ: Black Sapphire Z4C

Z4C_er

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Z4C_er » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:05 pm
    Ed Doe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:12 pm It literally says in the rules for this subforum

viewtopic.php?t=32644

Exactly what I said

Felipe should get it
    Things must be quiet around here. Here's my take:
    I made the first offer for less. A second offer was made, I reconsidered, and raised my price to the asking price.

The thing is, technically, I should be the one who 'wins' the purchase, as I was first and with the asking price. Yes, I have edited it, but the seller hasn't been on the site, and to him/her, I am the first to offer the asking price.

I'm not hiding anything. I think to be able to reconsider should be allowed provided no prior conversations have been made. It's like standing in a queue and discussing what you will pay for an item, and after hearing the guy behind you say they will offer more, you react accordingly to secure the deal.

I will wait for 'Lance' to respond and leave it to him. Ultimately it is his choice.

I must add though, I really need this cover. It's not a whimsical purchase.
    2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

SonnyA85

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by SonnyA85 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:43 pm

MikeyH wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 pm Out of interest and for future reference what would happen if a 3rd person came along and offered more than the asking price after the 1st and 2nd person’s offers?
    The rules are pretty clear. If you offered more it still goes to Felipe.

A similar scenario happened to me a week or two ago where someone offered to buy something but wanted it delivered and I offered to buy at asking too but could collect as it was a short drive away and said to the seller in case you don't want the hassle or potential of damage posting the items. But the rules state he must sell to the first who offers asking.
    Last edited by SonnyA85 on Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonnyA85

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by SonnyA85 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 pm

Z4C_er wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 pm
    SonnyA85 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:05 pm

viewtopic.php?t=32644

Exactly what I said

Felipe should get it
    Things must be quiet around here. Here's my take:
    I made the first offer for less. A second offer was made, I reconsidered, and raised my price to the asking price.

The thing is, technically, I should be the one who 'wins' the purchase, as I was first and with the asking price. Yes, I have edited it, but the seller hasn't been on the site, and to him/her, I am the first to offer the asking price.

I'm not hiding anything. I think to be able to reconsider should be allowed provided no prior conversations have been made. It's like standing in a queue and discussing what you will pay for an item, and after hearing the guy behind you say they will offer more, you react accordingly to secure the deal.

I will wait for 'Lance' to respond and leave it to him. Ultimately it is his choice.

I must add though, I really need this cover. It's not a whimsical purchase.
    I'm sorry but that's completely wrong. It's not his choice either the rules are pretty clear.

You offered a price below asking.

Felipe offered asking price - so he's the first to offer asking price.

You then saw Felipe's offer and decided to change your original offer to match his at asking price. That means you now are the second person to offer asking price. Felipe is first to offer asking and you are second as you edited your offer after Felipe's offer.

The fact you made your original lower offer first has no bearing what so ever on who was the first to offer asking price. Neither does the fact you need this item. I'm sure Felipe also needs this item too and it isn't a whimsical purchase either but tbh that doesn't matter the rules are clear, it has to go to Felipe regardless of if you need it or not. I found it laughable when someone suggested you get it brand new for asking and then sell it on second hand to Felipe for the price you originally offered. That sounds like an absolutely fantastic deal :rofl:

Scubaregs
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:51 am

Z4C_er wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 pm The thing is, technically, I should be the one who 'wins' the purchase, as I was first and with the asking price. Yes, I have edited it, but the seller hasn't been on the site, and to him/her, I am the first to offer the asking price.
    You weren’t first with the asking price, you were first to make an offer and that offer was not for the full price.
    A member then agreed to buy the item at the OP's asking price.

Tbh, if you needed the cover that badly you should have offered full price straight away and avoided this exact scenario.
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by MikeyH » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:38 am

Yep, agree, if I’m desperate for something I always pay full price :thumbsup:
    Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
    Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:40 am

Another take on this is that it took two weeks for the first person to make an offer.
    If he had not made this offer it would not have 'bumped' the ad back up to the top of the list and there's a fair chance Felipe would not have seen it. :poke:

In all honesty I think the best scenario is if the OP has already sold it elsewhere so there is no need for any more discussion or lingering resentment.
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by MikeyH » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:48 am

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:40 am Another take on this is that it took two weeks for the first person to make an offer.
    If he had not made this offer it would not have 'bumped' the ad back up to the top of the list and there's a fair chance Felipe would not have seen it. :poke:

In all honesty I think the best scenario is if the OP has already sold it elsewhere so there is no need for any more discussion or lingering resentment.
    Yes agree :thumbsup:

Ed Doe

Z4 E86 Stormforce Cover

Post by Ed Doe » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am

Again, read the faq... This scenario is clear also regards gazumping.
    Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
    Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(