Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E85 Airbag Light Issue

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Azureos

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by Azureos » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 pm

Hello all.

Sorry i've tried to search but i can't find the answer for my question.

I'have the airbag light on and i've bought this module for solve the problem.

I've tried to contact the seller but it didn't answer....do you think that i have to pull out the black and red wire and connect it to this module? And then...where do i have to connect it?

The product is this one.

https://www.amazon.it/Sensore-Sedile-Oc ... C91&sr=8-6

Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_20220720_163657.jpg
IMG_20220720_163657.jpg (96.42 KiB) Viewed 695 times
IMG_20220720_163628.jpg
IMG_20220720_163628.jpg (100.72 KiB) Viewed 695 times

DMike

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by DMike » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:37 am

Hi,

Sorry, can’t help you with this specific module, but have you read the codes and know what causes the airbag fault?
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by bigwinn » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:09 am

Looks like you are trying to address a seat occupancy issue in the passenger seat?

That should plug into the seat sensor underneath, not the black/red wire

Do you have the correct module for the year of car you have? They are different between facelift and pre facelift- you have a pre facelift car unit there
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Rockhopper

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by Rockhopper » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:02 am

You'll also need an appropriate code reader to rest the light as they don't clear on their own.

Jakg

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by Jakg » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:19 am

DMike wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:37 am Sorry, can’t help you with this specific module, but have you read the codes and know what causes the airbag fault?
This is the first place to start, surely?
Azureos wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 pm I've tried to contact the seller but it didn't answer....do you think that i have to pull out the black and red wire and connect it to this module? And then...where do i have to connect it?
It looks like you just unplug the loom from the seat and plug this in instead.

BumpyZ4

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by BumpyZ4 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:33 pm

As Jakg said just unplug the seat sensor and plug this in to the harness and you should be good to go.
2003 E85 3.0i Sterling Gray
KLR 650
Diva Roadster (Kit Car)

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by bigwinn » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:57 pm

Assuming of course you have the right unit for your type of seat! Pre facelift won’t fit facelift
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Azureos

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by Azureos » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:46 am

Thank you for all your answers :)

I finally connected the adapter to the right cable (i was looking in the wrong place :headbang: ). I've deleted the error in memory (which was showing up a generic error...) but the light still is on. I didn't delete the error by myself but with a mechanic, cause i don't have the diagnostics. T

I know that i've should have checked first the type of the error, but assuming that it is a common fault on the Z4. i've just decided to order and fit the module.

One question...the type of module does it have a led on it ? Cause nothing lights up when i connect it :|

Also, i think i should go to a Bosch Service to have more information about the error....if it is something bigger, i should just stick some black tape on the airbag light :)

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:02 pm

Azureos wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:46 am , i should just stick some black tape on the airbag light :)

Aaaaagh!!!
Recently encountered a chap who's E85 had some serious water ingress issues before he bought it. It turns out that this had damaged an airbag module and put a light on the dash. They eventually found that this light had been covered in black tape.
The issue was discovered while the car was in a garage for other work.
The mechanic got out and as he walked round the back the passenger airbag went off, breaking the windscreen, wrecking the dash and damaging the front of the roof. If it had happened a few seconds earlier who knows what state the mechanic would have been in. Luckily a change of underwear was all he needed.
So, I hope you were joking? If not, please do not even consider blanking off the airbag light!!

You really do need to get the code checked out properly as there are many things it could be and personally I would have thought that an occupancy sensor was well down the list?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

Azureos

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by Azureos » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:19 pm

Don't worry i didn't use the cheapest solution :D

I've bought an Ista cable and successfully deleted the error! For some reason i couln't access the airbag module but i performed a general error deleting and the error was gone!

Thank you guys :)

beavtm

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by beavtm » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:12 pm

A low battery can also trigger an air bag fault (been there, done that) when starting the vehicle. Simple solution is to reset the code with an OBD2 reader.

wiseguy

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by wiseguy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 pm

I've had the airbag light come on twice. First, due to a bad clock spring. No idea what that is, but it was cheap to fix by my mechanic.

2nd time: rain water in my trunk / boot bottom where the battery sits. It was causing some of the electricals to short I guess. It ran fine; that light was the only indicator. My rear window had detached from the convertible roof for about 3 or 4 inches, letting in the rain.

Good luck with your repair!
2007 3.0SI Roadster leather/auto/Carver-Logic7
stereo system/xenons/sport/108s/ LeatherZ MK4 armrest/ Ultimate
Cupholders/ GROM BMW Mini 98-06 trunk USB Android iPhone car integration adapter kit

R.I.P. Dice Mediabridge 1500. 2010-2023.

Sidewaze Samm

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:42 am

wiseguy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 pm My rear window had detached from the convertible roof for about 3 or 4 inches, letting in the rain.
Not heard of that happening before :o - was it wear and tear, or some form of impact damage? And how did you fix it?
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

wiseguy

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by wiseguy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:06 am

Sidewaze Samm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:42 am
wiseguy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 pm My rear window had detached from the convertible roof for about 3 or 4 inches, letting in the rain.
Not heard of that happening before :o - was it wear and tear, or some form of impact damage? And how did you fix it?
I believe the glue or adhesive connecting the glass window to the convertible top has come undone. It’s no wonder in our heat here in the Deep South. I haven’t fixed it yet but I know what I’m going to do. I found a YouTube video where the guy repairs a different convertible top window seam like mine using a wooden measuring stick, clamps and suction cups to hold the bits together once new adhesive is applied, so it can dry in place. It’s MUCH cheaper than a new top, and mine still looks great. My convertible roof was replaced several years ago.
2007 3.0SI Roadster leather/auto/Carver-Logic7
stereo system/xenons/sport/108s/ LeatherZ MK4 armrest/ Ultimate
Cupholders/ GROM BMW Mini 98-06 trunk USB Android iPhone car integration adapter kit

R.I.P. Dice Mediabridge 1500. 2010-2023.

Sidewaze Samm

E85 Airbag Light Issue

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:41 pm

wiseguy wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:06 am
Sidewaze Samm wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:42 am
I believe the glue or adhesive connecting the glass window to the convertible top has come undone. It’s no wonder in our heat here in the Deep South. I haven’t fixed it yet but I know what I’m going to do. I found a YouTube video where the guy repairs a different convertible top window seam like mine using a wooden measuring stick, clamps and suction cups to hold the bits together once new adhesive is applied, so it can dry in place. It’s MUCH cheaper than a new top, and mine still looks great. My convertible roof was replaced several years ago.
Good luck with the repair - and make sure you keep us updated. With photos! :camera:
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.