Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E86 Coupe INPA issue

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Thermaltake

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by Thermaltake » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:35 pm

Trying to clear the trifecta warning lights that have appeared on my car.

Have installed INPA 5.0.6 and ran the error codes but nothing came up that would cause the DSC/Tyre pressure light, auto stability light.

When I went to run the codes for individual modules, When i got to the DSC module, i got this error in INPA: requested control unit: dsc_mk60 not found. control unit found: dsc_85. program will be stopped

According to some googling, INPA 5.0.6 will not recognise dsc_85 control unit which is fitted to the Coupe (possibly all e86?) where as the DSC script for INPA 5.0.2 will read it.

Has anyone came accross this before and got round it? Im currently looking for INPA 5.0.2 download to either copy that individual script or just fresh install 5.0.2 but i cannot find a download for it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

srhutch

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by srhutch » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:45 pm

From memory you’ll need some extra files.

Nothing to do with E86, applies to all facelift models including ///M.

Pm my your email and I’ll send ove the files or a link if they are too big.

Thermaltake

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by Thermaltake » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:35 pm

Thanks, Ive sent you a pm

z4coupe_ITA

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by z4coupe_ITA » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:50 am

Hello Everyone.
I also have an issue with my E86 that I was trying to better understand and maybe solve with INPA 5.0.6
I have the airbag light suddenly appeared on my car and I want to understand why.

I've installed inpa on my notebook with windows 7 but the software is not able to read the ecu and battery signal, so I can't access the body menu and read the error code.

Does anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance

axelleveau

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by axelleveau » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:38 pm

z4coupe_ITA wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:50 am Hello Everyone.
I also have an issue with my E86 that I was trying to better understand and maybe solve with INPA 5.0.6
I have the airbag light suddenly appeared on my car and I want to understand why.

I've installed inpa on my notebook with windows 7 but the software is not able to read the ecu and battery signal, so I can't access the body menu and read the error code.

Does anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance
I've played with it this weekend and had issues so it is fresh in my mind: Do you have the "cable detected" and "ignition" dots switched to black and saying ON on the main INPA menu? If not then your cable is probably not configured properly and might require you to switch the COM port on the computer :thumbsup:
Gone - Ford Ka MK2 Petrol - Black
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped
Now - Z4 Coupe - Montego Blue: Here

z4coupe_ITA

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by z4coupe_ITA » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:55 pm

axelleveau wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:38 pm
z4coupe_ITA wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:50 am Hello Everyone.

Does anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance
I've played with it this weekend and had issues so it is fresh in my mind: Do you have the "cable detected" and "ignition" dots switched to black and saying ON on the main INPA menu? If not then your cable is probably not configured properly and might require you to switch the COM port on the computer :thumbsup:
Unfortunately the "cable detected" and "ignition" dots are not black on the main INPA menu.
Regarding this point I followed some specific instructions I found on youtube for the setup of the COM port.
I set up the port as "COM1" and the frequent of signal to "1", but it's not yet working properly. :-(

Any other suggestion?

z4coupe_ITA

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by z4coupe_ITA » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:11 pm

Ok, now it works.... I had to connect pin 7 and 8... to make it working properly. Hope someone else find this discussion useful

Len_Beach

E86 Coupe INPA issue

Post by Len_Beach » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

srhutch wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:45 pm From memory you’ll need some extra files.

Nothing to do with E86, applies to all facelift models including ///M.

Pm my your email and I’ll send ove the files or a link if they are too big.
Hi buddy. I've had the same issue and can't find the DSC_MK60 file or a copy of INPA 5.0.2 anywhere. Could you drop the relevant files over? I can't PM you for some reason.

Thanks