Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Centre console tray removal.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Roddy

Post by Roddy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:32 am

AnubisZed wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:33 pm
Roddy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:13 pm
AnubisZed wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:56 pm
:headbang: yeah, a bodge! Sorry but you buy a £30k sports car and treat it like that :? It's simple to do it the right way.
You don't have a monopoly on mods Dave, if it works, it works. Installing Chinese junk into a 30K car could also be called a bodge....
For what it's worth, I do a lot of research before I take on a job, not just this forum

Thanks
Woah!!! No you're dead right I don't have a monopoly on mods, never said I did, where the hell did that come from?
The problem with that video is that it's NOT transferable to the E89, you can't gain access to the wire connections, so prying the cradle out would be a waste of time. And not only that but some people are stupid enough to not buy the proper tools anyway and then shove a screwdriver in there. I've seen where Z4 owners have done this before, leaving the wires just shoved back down the hole and damaged trim, hence why I did my How-To
I've spent an hour before trying to get one of these out of an E89, it's not an easy job, you can break something very easily.

I think installing something into the car the proper way is never a bodge, even Chinese junk.

Never had a go at you Roddy so not sure why you've come back at me like that.
Peace 8)
I simply posted a video of removing the useless phone adapter, it works, believe me. I believe I commented on a different car?
Different car, yes,. BMW bollox nonetheless

Yesterday I half extracted my iPhone 3? (2**) piece of junk adapter (with pry tools) so it is possible. Parts on order from the German enclave that is Lithuania.

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:13 am

Roddy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:32 am I simply posted a video of removing the useless phone adapter, it works, believe me. I believe I commented on a different car?
Different car, yes,. BMW bollox nonetheless

Yesterday I half extracted my iPhone 3? (2**) piece of junk adapter (with pry tools) so it is possible. Parts on order from the German enclave that is Lithuania.
Oh I know it works and it is possible to remove this way, but unless you've removed the centre console and unplugged the connections then you now have an exposed live connection under your console tray. I did my sons the same way, but he has an E93 so you can get to the plugs, whereas on the E89 you can't.
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q