Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie looking for a Z4

First port of call for new members
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:09 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. :thumbsup:

As others have said I'd be looking at cars on here first as they tend to get more TLC!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:12 pm

ShortieMcClaire wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 pm ts actually a good £700 more if the offer is genuine- they usually start nit picking & dropping the price though eh?
Hi Claire. I sold a car through Motorway last year. It was easy and they gave a 'very' good price.

If you are considering it, I would ring them, not do an online valuation. The chap I spoke to was extremely helpful and explained exactly the way they do things and give you a fairly accurate 'price' over the phone. They don't buy the car, they just put it into a 'closed auction' for 1 day to traders who are signed up with them.

If you sell your current car, you will then be free to buy whatever you like, not whatever a dealer has to offer and them making the rules regarding p/ex and sale prices.

To be fair, cars advertised on the forum will nearly always be better cars than a dealer has to offer and should be cheaper too, especially as these are getting quite old now.
Whatever you decide, good luck and ALWAYS CHECK MOT HISTORY online before doing anything else. It gives a really good initial insight into how a car has generally been looked after IMHO. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:57 pm

ShortieMcClaire wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:09 pm May only be £300 to £400 more but still a chunk of money
its actually a good £700 more if the offer is genuine- they usually start nit picking & dropping the price though eh?
Same as WBAC - you turn up and they cap away but at least 3700 is a better starting point
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:28 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:57 pm Same as WBAC - you turn up and they cap away but at least 3700 is a better starting point
It doesn't work like that with Motorway. As it's all done remotely; the buyer doesn't see the car until they come to collect it, they do insist that it is described accurately and they want lots (and lots) of photos. I sent Motorway over 70 pictures; admittedly I went over the top but no harm in that.
They pay you by instant bank transfer when the collection person is happy that it is as described and drive it away. The only time you could have a problem with them offering less, or not honouring the deal, is if you haven't been up-front about any faults, or paperwork. That is fair enough in my book.

WBAC give an 'offer' based on information on a form. When they see it the offer is subject to change as there is only so much they can glean from a form. With Motorway the buyer has bought the vehicle, based on more detailed information. As long as it's what they bought then they will pay what they bid.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:14 pm

I know how both work, which is why I have said same as WBAC, the difference is that with Motorway the issue come when after they collect the car.

If it is not as described they can make a reduced offer based on the collection agent supplying more images / info.

WBAC just do it at the appointment.
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

ShortieMcClaire

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by ShortieMcClaire » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:28 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:18 pm
ShortieMcClaire wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:15 pm It only asks you what spec the car has- nothing else really. The car is perfect anyway- apart from curbed alloys🫣
Did you do the "profile" part, which will ask questions and for certain pictures?
havnt finished the listing yet- still need to take pics

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Scubaregs » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:55 am

Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:14 pm I know how both work, which is why I have said same as WBAC, the difference is that with Motorway the issue come when after they collect the car.

If it is not as described they can make a reduced offer based on the collection agent supplying more images / info.

Which puts you in a stronger negotiating position, as they do not want to incur the costs of returning the car.

But.......Surely after they have inspected the car at pick up and paid the agreed fee, that contract is legally binding?
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

ShortieMcClaire

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by ShortieMcClaire » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:22 am

Pondrew wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:12 pm
ShortieMcClaire wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 pm ts actually a good £700 more if the offer is genuine- they usually start nit picking & dropping the price though eh?
Hi Claire. I sold a car through Motorway last year. It was easy and they gave a 'very' good price.

If you are considering it, I would ring them, not do an online valuation. The chap I spoke to was extremely helpful and explained exactly the way they do things and give you a fairly accurate 'price' over the phone. They don't buy the car, they just put it into a 'closed auction' for 1 day to traders who are signed up with them.

If you sell your current car, you will then be free to buy whatever you like, not whatever a dealer has to offer and them making the rules regarding p/ex and sale prices.

To be fair, cars advertised on the forum will nearly always be better cars than a dealer has to offer and should be cheaper too, especially as these are getting quite old now.
Whatever you decide, good luck and ALWAYS CHECK MOT HISTORY online before doing anything else. It gives a really good initial insight into how a car has generally been looked after IMHO. :thumbsup:
thanks for that advice xx

Special Kay

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Special Kay » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:41 pm

Hey Shortie, welcome to the forum :thumbsup:. Fortunately, you have a wealth of great advice at your fingertips from some amazing forum members. Fortunately for you I can't add to the current offerings. But seriously, I've read alot of the forum topics on here, whether it's car's for sale or specific problems many people incur during their ownership, and all I can add is that members are genuinely helpful, and would want the best outcome for whatever car related dilemma you may be having. So I'll offer you the best of luck in finding your next car, please do upload pictures of your car, us members love drooling over nice cars :thumbsup:

Chippie

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Chippie » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:52 pm

If you need to send a Private Message then select their name from the post and choose “Reply in PM”
It will stay in your out box until it’s been read
And welcome to the forum and good luck with your search
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

ShortieMcClaire

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by ShortieMcClaire » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:05 pm

Special Kay wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:41 pm Hey Shortie, welcome to the forum :thumbsup:. Fortunately, you have a wealth of great advice at your fingertips from some amazing forum members. Fortunately for you I can't add to the current offerings. But seriously, I've read alot of the forum topics on here, whether it's car's for sale or specific problems many people incur during their ownership, and all I can add is that members are genuinely helpful, and would want the best outcome for whatever car related dilemma you may be having. So I'll offer you the best of luck in finding your next car, please do upload pictures of your car, us members love drooling over nice cars :thumbsup:
i wasn’t sure if I wanted a Z4 but after joining the forum- I’m convinced, just got to find a nice one within budget 😂

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Scubaregs » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:11 pm

We are a convincing lot, in fact Pondrew, has almost convinced us that he is human.

Almost......
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:15 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:11 pm We are a convincing lot, in fact Pondrew, has almost convinced us that he is human.

Almost......
What? From Spalding? Never. :rofl:

And before he makes any Norfolk comments I should point out that I'm almost hoomun. :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

ShortieMcClaire

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by ShortieMcClaire » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:33 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:15 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:11 pm We are a convincing lot, in fact Pondrew, has almost convinced us that he is human. :rofl:

Almost......
What? From Spalding? Never. :rofl:

And before he makes any Norfolk comments I should point out that I'm almost hoomun. :wink:
:rofl: :rofl:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie looking for a Z4

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:58 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:55 am
Ole gits rule wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:14 pm I know how both work, which is why I have said same as WBAC, the difference is that with Motorway the issue come when after they collect the car.

Which puts you in a stronger negotiating position, as they do not want to incur the costs of returning the car.

But.......Surely after they have inspected the car at pick up and paid the agreed fee, that contract is legally binding?
Agreed - they can make a reduced offer if the car is not as described via their courier, before he takes it away, they will use a video to judge if the courier thinks something is not s described