Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheel and Tyre advice

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Tenny

Wheel and Tyre advice

Post by Tenny » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:22 pm

I am looking to get a set of rims and tyres for my ‘03 3.0 and need a bit of help for looking for a pair that works best for me. A bit of background information is this set will be primarily used for autocross/track/occasional canyon driving and WILL NOT be my daily. The car already has a lot of performance done to it from previous owner like supercharger and coilovers to list a few. It’s currently on a set of tsw Nurburgring’s (17x8 and 17x9.5) and a set of general g-max all seasons so already fairly good but I would like a set of better performance tyres while still keeping the current ones for daily driving, hence the need for a new set of rims as well. I am looking for something that is still relatively cheap and entry level as I am not a seasoned driver but still getting an upgrade from current (I know those aren’t exactly found together so all ideas welcome). Any information or questions is very much welcome. Thank you!

brillomaster

Wheel and Tyre advice

Post by brillomaster » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:26 am

getting by mention of canyon driving that you're stateside? which makes it a little tricky for us to recommend tyres, as US get completely different tyres to us europeans (or not europeans now :roll: )

Can you get Nankangs in the states? NS2-Rs are cheap over here, but i know quite a few people who run them and rate them.

Tenny

Wheel and Tyre advice

Post by Tenny » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:21 am

Yeah I’m from the states. It looks like nankangs are available here so I’ll look into that since they don’t seem too readily available. In the mean time do you have any rim recommendations?

Rockhopper

Wheel and Tyre advice

Post by Rockhopper » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:45 am

I think someone posted a very similar question a few months ago.