Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2Din stereo upgrade with wireless android auto / carplay

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Zedeau

Post by Zedeau » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:38 am

Hello guys
I'm trying to fit a 2din stereo, here the pioneer SPH-DA360DAB in place of the stock stereo
I'm working on a design to fit perfecty with the alu trim and also redirect the air vent on the sides
To my surprise the stock display still works even after removing the stock stereo but I can't interact with it
Do you know if it can be replaced with some Infos about the car (fuel economy, batter status etc...) ?

roblightbody

Post by roblightbody » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:25 pm

That looks like a very neat install, I'll be interested to hear if there's a way to operate the original display.

Out of interest - what happens to the air that would have gone to the central vents, I presume you've blocked them off?
2007 Stratus Silver E86 Coupe with Amarone interior | 1990 Mini Cooper | 2017 Golf GTi

Zedeau

Post by Zedeau » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:06 pm

For the vent I'm working on a solution with printed parts to redirect the air to the cabin

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 am

If you manage to sort the air vents you would be an absolute hero and I would buy the bits off you! Have you got the Carver speakers as I didn't think you can use an aftermarket unit with that system?
Z4M - Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
Z4 3.0i - Sapphire Black with Red Leather - FOR SALE!

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:49 am

thecremeegg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 am If you manage to sort the air vents you would be an absolute hero and I would buy the bits off you! Have you got the Carver speakers as I didn't think you can use an aftermarket unit with that system?
I have the CARVER system and use an aftermarket head unit. It did cost me around £2K total to do it though and that was 6 years ago labour probably more expensive now too.

Zedeau

Post by Zedeau » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:28 pm

just a little update, got myself a small 3d scanner as I cannot figure out the exact dimensions of the original aluminium trim, I did not have much time to progress with this but this should allow me to move quicker
a scan of the left side