Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Other forums (non BMW)

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
pvr
Legend
Legend

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by pvr » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:03 pm

What on earth are you doing on a Golf R forum :poke:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by Pondrew » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 pm

pvr wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:03 pm What on earth are you doing on a Golf R forum
I joined it as I very nearly bought a golf R estate last year and always research my cars. I didn't get one in the end I got a Focus ST estate instead but that only lasted 5 months. The rest is history. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by MikeyH » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:26 pm

Yes, about 5 years ago we bought a Ford Focus Cab, some might not like it but it’s quite a nice easy going car, cheap to run and has 4 seats. Anyway I decided to join a forum as there is no Haynes Manual for it. Seemed okay at first, everyone nice and friendly like here but they all started going over to face book. So I left. Before I joined this forum and about 2 years before buying my Zed I read lots of threads about everything Z4 to get info on the cars. Seemed a great place with lots of friendly folks who were happy to give advice on everything, so I joined and blo*dy glad I did. :thumbsup: I scouted other Z4 forums but they seemed a bit rude to each other in a non joking way. :thumbsdown: So very happy to be here and I am out on my first run on Sunday in Devon. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by buzyg » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:34 pm

plenty wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:32 am That's 'cos Z4 owners are old and still using old-fashioned forums. Everyone else has moved over to these new-fangled social networks :D
Not strictly true. It's because this community is strong enough to exist stand alone outside those social networks and happens to be run on a traditional forum website. :wink:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:38 pm

buzyg wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:34 pm It's because this community is strong enough to exist stand alone outside those social networks and happens to be run on a traditional forum website.
That old duffers like me can cope with. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by MikeyH » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:07 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:38 pm
buzyg wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:34 pm It's because this community is strong enough to exist stand alone outside those social networks and happens to be run on a traditional forum website.
That old duffers like me can cope with. :lol:
+ one
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by bigwinn » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:38 am

Well

Whatever it is, I’m grateful for all the help, sarcasm and support from you lot

Case in point- this thread prompted Rob zulu4 to lend me his vcds software and laptop

Brilliant!
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by john-e89 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 am

pvr wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:03 pm What on earth are you doing on a Golf R forum :poke:
What on earth are you doing on a Zed4 forum....? :poke: :poke: :evil:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

pvr
Legend
Legend

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by pvr » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:53 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:22 am
pvr wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:03 pm What on earth are you doing on a Golf R forum :poke:

What on earth are you doing on a Zed4 forum....? :poke: :poke: :evil:
I need to keep an eye on you :P
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:09 pm

From previous experiences, I initially thought this would be another one of those bragging outlets for the top of the range owners.
How wrong I was. There is precious little of that and everyone is treated (almost) equally.
Yes there are a few flare-ups and a couple of personality clashes, but even then others pitch in to smooth it all over or change the subject.
I like the fact that once people get to know you a bit then the banter is merciless. As long as you are prepared to accept at least twice as much coming back at you this can be a great laugh.
The depth of knowledge, and the willingness to share it are amazing.
Again, in a previous life there was one forum member who knew everything, but his standard response to requests for help was "if you bring it to me I know what it is and it'll cost you £nnn"
In contrast, on here people seem desperate to save each other money. Even when there has to be a sale of some required part, there is always a 'forum price' to help people out.
I have made a lot of friends I've never met on here. Long may it continue. (Cos I don't actually want to meet you face to face you ugly bunch!!! :rofl: )
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:44 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:09 pm . (Cos I don't actually want to meet you face to face you ugly bunch!!! )
Martin, do not judge the rest of us by what you see looking back at you in the mirror :poke:

My mum says I’m……………. Well I’ll just leave that there actually as having a mum born and brought up in Drumchapel, Glasgow I may actually get banned if I repeated some of the things she’s says to/about me :rofl: :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:55 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:44 pm
    enuff_zed wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:09 pm . (Cos I don't actually want to meet you face to face you ugly bunch!!! )
    Martin, do not judge the rest of us by what you see looking back at you in the mirror :poke:
    Scarily enough, what I see looking back in the mirror these days is my dad!

Incredibly handsome chap, even now he's 80. :D
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

Scubaregs
    Lifer
    Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:33 pm

Ah Drumchapel, the Drum. Where cops always go around in groups, inside the police station.

I remember the big gas explosion in the drum, caused millions of pounds of improvements.
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:33 pm Ah Drumchapel, the Drum. Where cops always go around in groups, inside the police station.

I remember the big gas explosion in the drum, caused millions of pounds of improvements.
    My granda had 13 brothers and sisters. All brought up there and their families too. Still got a lot of extended family but some have bettered themselves and moved to such high spots as Yoker, Knightswood etc :D

My dad’s first job was working for Glasgow Council going round the doors collecting rent in The Drum, he was known as The Wee Factor :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Scubaregs
      Lifer
      Lifer

Other forums (non BMW)

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:41 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:54 pm My dad’s first job was working for Glasgow Council going round the doors collecting rent in The Drum, he was known as The Wee Factor :rofl:
      Why, was he pish? :rofl:
      Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
      Image Image