Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie looking to join the club!

First port of call for new members
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:41 pm

Seeing as he mentioned the 18i/20i/28i I would assume it is the e89 but you never know
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:36 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:41 pm Seeing as he mentioned the 18i/20i/28i I would assume it is the e89 but you never know
Probably,I would think
Just giving him a balanced view of what's out there
Depending what age the op is,when a teenager growing up,he liked the lines of the z4,was described in a way that hinted towards e85, but maybe not
As u say, engine wise,he's quoting e89.
But it's always good to know as much info as possible,when looking to buy your first z4 :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Jellybaby38

Post by Jellybaby38 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:31 pm

Thanks folks, definitely have a better understanding now of what I'm looking for!
E85 was indeed what originally got me into them, but I think the looks improved with the E89, so that's what I'm looking at. I'll have to take my golf bag for a test in one though to see how that goes with the top down.

PointedMarlin

Post by PointedMarlin » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:12 am

Jellybaby38 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:31 pm Thanks folks, definitely have a better understanding now of what I'm looking for!
E85 was indeed what originally got me into them, but I think the looks improved with the E89, so that's what I'm looking at. I'll have to take my golf bag for a test in one though to see how that goes with the top down.
Now this I can help you with …

I play hockey & there is no way I’d get a stick bag in the boot of an e89 with the top down but you could possibly rest the longer clubs on the parcel shelf & diagonally rest the bag in the boot

It’d be a very tight fit so yes id recommend taking your bag as well as clubs - where are you based as if there is a forum member close by I expect someone would let you check

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:28 am

I used to have the same issue in my Alfa Spider and the longer clubs went in the boot but outside the bag - not certain they will go into an e89 though.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Jellybaby38

Post by Jellybaby38 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:20 am

Went for my first test of a Z4 at the weekend (2.5L 6 cylinder 23i M Sport sDrive) and it surpassed expectations - so much fun to drive, even with the roof closed :-D

Golf clubs were... ok. I normally take the big sticks out anyway, so putting them in the parcel shelf isn't an issue, but they had to go through the ski hatch/shelf thingy, but barely protruded into the cabin. A slightly less bulky golf bag might mean they can go diagonally with the roof down without the hatch, but it's not a problem really.

All I have to do now is find the right car for me!