Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Please help!!! FOUR YELLOW LIGHTS on dashboard!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:38 pm

Can I just ask, how does this fit in around you changing the brake discs and pads?
Did it happen before or after?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Mr_E85Bim

Post by Mr_E85Bim » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:58 pm

Jameszy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:56 am What is the point of asking for advice if you are going to ignore it in favour of heading to Halfords of all places?
Easy tiger!! :rofl:

Had them check the battery for free!! That's the point
Last edited by Mr_E85Bim on Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Mr_E85Bim, is your car still driveable?
I am getting a train from Norfolk to Sussex on Saturday and driving yet another project car home. As this has an intermittent EPS issue I am not keen to drive it into built up areas.
However I will be coming back up the M23 and M25 then through the Dartford Tunnel mid to late afternoon.
If you are able to find an easily accessible meeting place then I am happy to stick my code reader on and see what it tells us.
Times will be a bit vague as I am hoping to visit my old man while I'm down there, but if you're available and flexible then let me know.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Mr_E85Bim

Post by Mr_E85Bim » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:13 pm Mr_E85Bim, is your car still driveable?
I am getting a train from Norfolk to Sussex on Saturday and driving yet another project car home. As this has an intermittent EPS issue I am not keen to drive it into built up areas.
However I will be coming back up the M23 and M25 then through the Dartford Tunnel mid to late afternoon.
If you are able to find an easily accessible meeting place then I am happy to stick my code reader on and see what it tells us.
Times will be a bit vague as I am hoping to visit my old man while I'm down there, but if you're available and flexible then let me know.
That is a very kind offer good sir!

Since I changed the front discs the problem appears to have gone away. I did play around with the front sensors a little. Perhaps some dirt was obstructing one of them.

I'm off to Bournemouth for a stag do this Saturday. Otherwise, I would have taken you up on the offer just out of curiosity. To see if any codes are showing.

I hope your journey goes without any major hiccups.

Thank you again :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:26 pm

Mr_E85Bim wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:13 pm Mr_E85Bim, is your car still driveable?
That is a very kind offer good sir!

Since I changed the front discs the problem appears to have gone away. I did play around with the front sensors a little. Perhaps some dirt was obstructing one of them.

I'm off to Bournemouth for a stag do this Saturday. Otherwise, I would have taken you up on the offer just out of curiosity. To see if any codes are showing.

I hope your journey goes without any major hiccups.

Thank you again :thumbsup:
Well that's good news!
If your disturbing of stuff around the sensors has made it go away then there's a good chance you now know where the problem lay. If it comes back, start there first.
Enjoy your weekend.

Mr_E85Bim

Post by Mr_E85Bim » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:30 pm

Gents, I need your expertise pls!!

So the lights came back. This time I was ready with the OBD. I have the following codes:
5d92
5d91
5d93

States its the front left. I assume its the sensor. But I am thrown by the pulse gear for 5d92. Should I be concerned?
Also, I did a live feed while driving and the front left wasn't showing speed on the readout. But the I cleared the codes and went for a drive again. This time it was showing a readout the same as the other three wheels. Of course, the faults came back after some driving.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance