Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can this be done properly? Opinions please

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
tiglon

Post by tiglon » Tue May 31, 2022 8:33 pm

They do stand out a bit as the only silver parts, maybe get them coated black? Or a metallic grey darker than the body?
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue May 31, 2022 9:07 pm

If you want to see what it would look like without spending a fortune, mask up one wheel (or two on the same side if you want the extra work) and spray with black peelable PlastiKote.

It'll let you see what it looks like and peels off easily for you to revert to the original wheels
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue May 31, 2022 9:15 pm

all black or all grey, mismatch of the two will look utterly gash

as for EDC & lowering, i had Eibach sportline springs fitted to my EDC equipped F32 with no errors or crashiness after install
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 31, 2022 9:34 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:15 pm as for EDC & lowering, i had Eibach sportline springs fitted to my EDC equipped F32 with no errors or crashiness after install
Thanks. :thumbsup:
I have spoken to AC Schnitzer (UK) and they will do me a set of their springs (made by Eibach I believe) and Eibach spacers for quite a reasonable cost. They are quite close to me so will fit them too and do a re-alignment.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 31, 2022 9:36 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:07 pm If you want to see what it would look like without spending a fortune, mask up one wheel (or two on the same side if you want the extra work) and spray with black peelable PlastiKote.

It'll let you see what it looks like and peels off easily for you to revert to the original wheels
Great idea Perry, thanks. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue May 31, 2022 9:48 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:34 pm
jamie_z4 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:15 pm as for EDC & lowering, i had Eibach sportline springs fitted to my EDC equipped F32 with no errors or crashiness after install
Thanks. :thumbsup:
I have spoken to AC Schnitzer (UK) and they will do me a set of their springs (made by Eibach I believe) and Eibach spacers for quite a reasonable cost. They are quite close to me so will fit them too and do a re-alignment.
Not sure how close you are to motech - but they do these on a daily basis, the acs springs are just the eibach pro kit which have been re-branded, i did extensive research when looking what to lower my EDC fitted car - motech should be cheaper again for you too and are a propper set up :thumbsup:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 31, 2022 10:19 pm

jamie_z4 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:48 pm Not sure how close you are to motech - but they do these on a daily basis, the acs springs are just the eibach pro kit which have been re-branded, i did extensive research when looking what to lower my EDC fitted car - motech should be cheaper again for you too and are a propper set up :thumbsup:
Thanks. Wellingborough is not far. I will get a cost from them before I go down the ACS route. :thumbsup:

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold