Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Shropshire/Mid-North Wales meet

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:31 pm

r2uzenblot wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:13 pm Just meet us at any of the points. I'm away for a few days and when I come back I'll publish a full proposed itinerary.
May be worth getting people's numbers via PM and setting up a what's app group for confirmed attendees. A lot of other runs on here use that method, Jay

r2uzenblot

Post by r2uzenblot » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:15 pm

Update on drive. Please can you PM with your mobile details and I will set up a Whats App Group. (good idea jamesditchy)

Map to follow. Any questions/comments just ask.

1. Day's itinerary

Please arrive with a full tank. There are two petrol stations in Bridgnorth.
Wednesday July 6

Meet Bridgnorth 08.45 for a 9.00 depart from the fairly small Sainsbury’s where they have facilities. No coffee but loos and the chance to stock up on any ‘consumables’
Postcode is WV16 4QN. Enter car park and go to back near wooden fences (directly in front of you). Do not get a car parking ticket as you get 15 minutes free and the chance of a traffic warden at that time of the morning is remote.

ELAN VALLEY VISITOR CENTRE
Depart and travel through the beautiful Clun valley to Knighton and then through Crossgates to the Elan Valley Visitor centre. Good eating and facilities here.
61 miles – coffee stop 10.30 ish
Have a look around and head to the top of the dam before you go for some pics if you so wish.
Postcode is LD6 5HP. The car park is large but if we want to park together go onto the right hand side. Should be quiet at this time.

TALYLLYN HISTORIC RAILWWAY CENTRE
Leave 11.15 ish and take the coast road via Aberdyfi to Talyllyn railway at Tywyn. Beautiful coastal route……. NOTE NOTE this is the Talyllyn historic railway at Tywyn and not the Tywyn mainline.
51 miles – lunch stop 12.45 ish
Chance to linger at the historic rail station
Postcode is LL36 9EY. Turn left at the station and cross the main line railway and there is a large car park at the back of the station (might be a £1).

ARTISANS CAFÉ AT LAKE VYRNWY
Leave at 13.45 ish
Travel the scenic route via Trawsfyndd and Bala and then over the top to Lake Vyrnwy. Amazing views but with a single track road with passing places!
Note about this section….. To Bala the roads are superb. From Bala to Lake Vyrnwy this is a single track mountain road with passing places and stunning views. There are parking places for us to take a shot at the top somewhere!
60 miles – tea stop 15.15 ish
Postcode is SY10 0NA and the café is on the left in the craft centre.

Depart around 16.00 and it’s 25 miles to the A5 at Oswestry where you can head North, South or wherever.

2. Proposed driving guidelines (thanks to my IAM group for help with this)

Driving guidelines

REMEMBER THE GOLDEN RULE: DRIVE YOUR OWN DRIVE – That means your own pace, make your own overtaking decisions and don’t respond to perceived pressure from other drivers to keep up.

The drive will be progressive but everyone should drive at a pace that they are comfortable with. It is not a competition and we all have the details of where we are going.

Where the route deviates from the straight ahead, all drivers in the group should try and ensure that the driver following them has seen them turn, but only if safe to do so. Overtaking within the group is allowed but should always be done sensibly and safely.

If you need to leave the drive early please inform the drive co-ordinator.

Please do consider other people on the drive. Inevitably some would like to go faster or slower so please do allow people to overtake if necessary or go slower if the pace is too quick. If you genuinely feel you are being held up by someone and it is spoiling your enjoyment flashing your light three times to let the car in front know you want to overtake can assist. Again only when safe to do so.
If you feel that the person behind is too close to you then let them overtake by slowing down and waving them on. When safe to do so.
2023 G29 20i M Sport Portimao Blue
2021 Triumph Tiger GT Pro
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2020 Cube Hybrid
1954 Two feet

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:29 pm

That sounds like a great day out - shame I'm not a bit nearer. :(

When I did a driving trip to Wales last May our first overnight stop was in the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa - the view was just stunning. Roads around Bala were great too. :driving:

I hope you all have a fantastic trip. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Thanks for organising what looks a great run. Details PM'd as requested :thumbsdown:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:44 pm

Unfortunately I'm not now able to attend this run :roll: I now have to collect my wife from Manchester Airport very early that morning instead ! :x Maybe next time. Hope you all have a great day :thumbsup: Si
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:04 pm

Looks like a great route...enjoy the day.. :driving: :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

peteslag

Post by peteslag » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:34 pm

My car is for sale but if I've still got it on the 6th I might come along to this. I'll see if I can get the time off work tomorrow.

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:53 pm

patriot66 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:44 pm Unfortunately I'm not now able to attend this run :roll: I now have to collect my wife from Manchester Airport very early that morning instead ! :x Maybe next time. Hope you all have a great day :thumbsup: Si
That's a shame Si, was looking forward to an early morning run over

Bombardino

Post by Bombardino » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:57 pm

Sounds like a good day out, if I can get the day off work I would like to join up you guys.
How many names have you got?

r2uzenblot

Post by r2uzenblot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:05 pm

I'll be setting up a whats app group in the next few days so we can firm up numbers
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2020 Cube Hybrid
1954 Two feet

biZ4rreMids

Post by biZ4rreMids » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:38 pm

PM’d r2uzenblot phone details and I’ll be +1 as wifey will be accompanying me and no doubt providing a running commentary on my speed :?
Speed Yellow Porsche Boxster S
Previous:
Melbourne red 2016 20i MSport with a few subtle mods
Titanium Silver 2004 3.0SE with run flats

M1k3yC

Post by M1k3yC » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:29 pm

Sent you my number via PM. My dad will be with me and, if I let him drive, I might be commenting on his speed :D
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

Bombardino

Post by Bombardino » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:44 pm

PM sent with phone details.

r2uzenblot

Post by r2uzenblot » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:03 pm

What's App group set up. Please let me know a mobile number if not yet provided. On the What's App group can you change your profile in settings so we know a 'real' name... Thanks and looking forward to a great day out. Please note that you don't have to be on the What's App group to join us but it would be helpful.
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2020 Cube Hybrid
1954 Two feet

Roberltd2

Post by Roberltd2 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:26 pm

Pm sent :thumbsup:
Robert.
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue.
1994 Eunos J2Ltd - sold and now undergoing restoration.
1963 Triumph Thunderbird.