Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bilstein PSS10 availability dilemma

"M" Specific discussion
JulesW

Post by JulesW » Thu May 19, 2022 6:19 pm

Hi All,

I ordered the Bilstein PSS10 B16 coilover kit at the beginning of March for delivery to France via a local supplier. I was told that delivery would be at the end of March / Mid April. In the middle of April, I was told by the supplier delivery would be mid May. Having chased things up today, I've now been told delivery will be in October and the supplier has offered to cancel the order and refund me. I'm pretty dissapointed with Bilstein to say the least. My dilemma is do I hang in there and hope they arrive in October? My confidence in Bilstein is pretty low and it'll mean the car will be garaged for the winter before they arrive. If I cancel it'll mean I'll probably won't get the product I wanted and in the future, they will inevitably go up in price with inflation the way it is at the moment.

Before I cancel the order, I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has received products from Bilstein this year and what your experience was like. My alternatives are to look into KW for thier V3 kit, but it's more money and I prefered the simpler adjustability of the PSS10's. The only other compatible product seems to be from BC Racing products. They are a cheaper which is a positive, but not sure how they compare to the PSS10's for performance and build quality. Lastly there is a used PSS10 set for sale here in France. Not sure if this is a good deal or a good way to go (€1500 & 20000km of use)

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/2083962148.htm

Alternatively I could just use the money to get an Eventuri intake and a Stromung exhaust to scratch that itch. Many thanks for reading

beanie

Post by beanie » Sat May 21, 2022 12:06 pm

That’s a ridiculous lead time. Shame, as they would be my first choice for a street coil over on this car. I’d be very tempted to see what some of the smaller brands like intrax, nitron etc could do. They’ll cost a bit more though and reportedly need more frequent servicing. Also, I don’t know the homologation rules in France but I doubt any of the smaller brands carry this approval.

€1500 doesn’t seem amazing value for the second hand set (can’t open the link, it thinks I’m a robot) but if you could get a good few hundred off then I’d probably take the chance. Always a bit of a gamble as you don’t know how hard those 20k have been. Mainly autoroutes or smashed over track curbs every weekend?!

Perhaps a group buy on the PSS would speed things up! If it would, count me in :thumbsup:
RUBYIMOLACARBON

99ron

Post by 99ron » Sun May 22, 2022 5:14 pm

I have a Bilstein B12 pro kit on order that I was told 2 weeks initially so delivery before end of April. Now it's mid to end June. To be seen I guess if it turns up by then.
Z4MR E85 for sunny day Hooning. 8)
Now with added joy of Gruppe M.

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sun May 22, 2022 6:11 pm

I purchased a pair of front B8 dampers for my 35i in November. They arrived a week or so later. While I was ordering those I was going to have the rears too but was told they was on back order until February so I thought I would spread the cost and order those in January.
January came and emailed the lady to say I would like to order a pair of rear dampers only then to be told all the ones available for February had be allocated to customers and the next batch would be the end of April (DOPE) :slaphead:
So I place my order and wait, and wait, and wait. Phone in April only then to be told they are so sorry but have delays and it's now going to be July :( . Well what can I do I say only wait for July as I now have a pair of front dampers in the garage sat the waiting to go on the car.

It looks like it's not just me and my car then that there are delays in and it must be parts / materials availability or something.
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

99ron

Post by 99ron » Fri May 27, 2022 10:37 am

Well my B12 kit just arrived. I switched my order to Spring Loaded - https://www.spring-loaded.co.uk/proddet ... Z4%7ECoupe on 1st May and just arrived today.
A very reasonable £827 although I see the price has gone up now. Can't wait to get it fitted.
Z4MR E85 for sunny day Hooning. 8)
Now with added joy of Gruppe M.

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:39 pm

I just ordered a pair of B4 front dampers, none in stock in the U.K.

Had to order from Germany and pay the import fee but ordered 21/5/22 they were dispatched on 23/5 arrived in U.K. on 27/5 and cleared customs on the 30/5 and delivered on 31/5

The rears weren’t an issue and sourced in the U.K.
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:30 pm

I ordered B4 from autodoc and got them a week later. Autodoc is based in Germany so that is normal. My latest order for the Lexus parts for service just took best part of 20 days to arrive. They said a delay at the border caused this and gave me a £18 voucher. I highly recommend autodoc albeit shipping does take a while it's not as long as half a year. A week or two at best three if you are unlucky

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:29 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:30 pm I ordered B4 from autodoc and got them a week later. Autodoc is based in Germany so that is normal. My latest order for the Lexus parts for service just took best part of 20 days to arrive. They said a delay at the border caused this and gave me a £18 voucher. I highly recommend autodoc albeit shipping does take a while it's not as long as half a year. A week or two at best three if you are unlucky
The problem I am having is no a delay in delivering but a belay in manufacturing of the dampers. I asked for an update again on Tuesday and Bilstein UK have said that Bilstein Germany have said its still likely to be end of July for my back order. :(
2009 35i DCT silver

SGRG

Post by SGRG » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:35 pm

My experience with Bilstein wasn’t good, constant delay. Eventually got it but after much delay. This was last year. I am thinking of switching to kw and I hear they are pretty good in terms of availability.
Current:
Z4MC 2007
Porsche Cayenne 2019 (Black / Bordeaux Red two-tone leather interior)

Previous:
X5 40D 2011
E92 M3 manual 2011
Z4 3.0 2003
Honda Prelude 2.2 1997
Honda Civic Coupe 1995

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:05 pm

Jollyjoiner wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:29 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:30 pm I ordered B4 from autodoc and got them a week later. Autodoc is based in Germany so that is normal. My latest order for the Lexus parts for service just took best part of 20 days to arrive. They said a delay at the border caused this and gave me a £18 voucher. I highly recommend autodoc albeit shipping does take a while it's not as long as half a year. A week or two at best three if you are unlucky
The problem I am having is no a delay in delivering but a belay in manufacturing of the dampers. I asked for an update again on Tuesday and Bilstein UK have said that Bilstein Germany have said its still likely to be end of July for my back order. :(
Yeah my point was autodoc may have them in stock. Have you had a look on there for shocks for your car?

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:46 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:05 pm
Jollyjoiner wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:29 pm
Yeah my point was autodoc may have them in stock. Have you had a look on there for shocks for your car?
Yeah checked way back and no stock and still no stock. Demon Tweeks website said in stock but when emailing them they said the the same that they are on back order for end of April just like the dealer I've ordered them from said, just looks like no one has any and Bilstein are taking their time in making them.
2009 35i DCT silver

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:09 pm

Jollyjoiner wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:46 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:05 pm
Jollyjoiner wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:29 pm The problem I am having is no a delay in delivering but a belay in manufacturing of the dampers. I asked for an update again on Tuesday and Bilstein UK have said that Bilstein Germany have said its still likely to be end of July for my back order. :(
Yeah checked way back and no stock and still no stock. Demon Tweeks website said in stock but when emailing them they said the the same that they are on back order for end of April just like the dealer I've ordered them from said, just looks like no one has any and Bilstein are taking their time in making them.
Must be an issue getting the raw materials. Covid and this war has ruined pretty much a lot of supplies of materials for a lot of products