Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How does the door handle works?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
namburger

Post by namburger » Wed May 18, 2022 6:49 pm

My driver side door stopped opening from the outside.
I removed the handle and the door panel and I can see the mechanic of the door handle as well as the latch that open the door...
I just can't link how those 2 things works together :( :( :(

P.S. technically I can open my passenger side to see how it works but I'm scare that I'll mess it up and now both side stopped working. It'll be my last resort but first I wanted to check to see if anyone here knows how it works before I do that?

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed May 18, 2022 7:42 pm

A fairly common issue, the Bowden cable inside stretches over time, have a search for that
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

namburger

Post by namburger » Wed May 18, 2022 7:52 pm

markplant wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:42 pm A fairly common issue, the Bowden cable inside stretches over time, have a search for that
Humn, so I inspected the bowden cable, this is connected to the handle on the inside and it is working fine.
My issue is that I can't quite tell where the cable is supposed to connect to the outside handle :|

namburger

Post by namburger » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:13 pm

markplant wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:42 pm A fairly common issue, the Bowden cable inside stretches over time, have a search for that
Whoops, you were right! After months of putting it off, I finally got the part and did the replacement, which took literally 1 evening.
Here is the part if anyone wonders:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152873791981