Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

HUD for E89

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
wanderer

HUD for E89

Post by wanderer » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 pm

On my 3-Series I have one with the film on.
From the inside it's see through.
From the outside it looks silverish.

I don't give a damn about what others think about it when I'm driving.

I've had it since Jan 2019 and still functions perfectly.
I like the fact that it can show me battery voltage, engine temp, digital speed etc.

Considered getting another for the Zed but I have a GPS tracker permanently plugged into the OBD.

Here's what the film looks like from the outside.
20220608_211457.jpg
20220608_211457.jpg (139.83 KiB) Viewed 185 times
20220608_211524.jpg
20220608_211524.jpg (124.18 KiB) Viewed 185 times

AnubisZed

HUD for E89

Post by AnubisZed » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:29 pm

OK so I ordered one, it arrived yesterday so I put it in my Z and took it for a drive round the works carpark and it was OK
Came to it when I left work, it fired up showing volts them mph but didn't detect any and switched off while driving. It restarted a couple of times but switched off again. I managed to get it working by flicking the on/off switch and it was fine for the rest of the drive home.
This morning came out to it and it was still on and I had a voltage discharge warning on the iDrive. Although it worked fine on the way to work I've now disconnected it and will be looking at returning it. Don't need crap like that in my car :thumbsdown:

And on the subject of the disc, without it I saw a double display so put the disc on and it looks awful with it on.
Last edited by AnubisZed on Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

HUD for E89

Post by B21 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:18 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:29 pm OK so I ordered one, it arrived yesterday so I put it in my Z and took it for a drive round the works carpark and it was OK
Came to it when I left work, it fired up showing volts them mph but didn't detect any and switched off while driving. It restarted a couple of times but switched off again. I managed to get it working by flicking the on/off switch and it was fibe for the rest if the drive home.
This morning came out to it and it was still on and I had a voltage discharge warning on the iDrive. Although it worked fine on the way to work I've now disconnected it and will be looking at returning it. Don't need crap like that in my car :thumbsdown:

And on the subject of the disc, without it I saw a double display so put tge disc on hyt ut looks awful with it on.
Oh dear sounds like a real quality product..I can hardly wait for mine to arrive from China.. :tumbleweed:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: