Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Impressed by test drive

Discussing the current generation Z4
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun May 08, 2022 12:07 am

Mel, I think the price’s your quoting seem ok, particularly the trade in on your own. I personally don’t see the prices being anywhere near what you’re being offered just now in 6 months.

IMO, even as a BIG M40i advocate, if the 30i ticks the boxes, and only you can decide that, go for it :tumbleweed:

Just for reference, by total coincidence, someone messaged me last night re a M40i and the fully loaded build price was £59,914, discount only £1.7k

Still laughing to myself right enough that your poacher turned gamekeeper re the hardtop/softtop :rofl: :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Scubaregs
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by Scubaregs » Sun May 08, 2022 5:42 am

Several reasons I went for the 30i over an M40.
    Cost.
    Cost to run, service, insurance etc.
    Have the S1000r for performance, very few cars on the road get near it.
    Main one though was fiancée simply does not like going fast in the twisties. As I use the bike for fun and she won’t go on it, car is only used for fun when Lynn and I are out for a day and she simply wants to cruise as it were.
    I’ve done over 12,000 miles in the car so far and love it. Only better car I’ve owned was the 718 and it’s not fair to compare it with the 30i.
    Nanu, unless you really want and will use the extra power and better handling of an M40i the 30i is more than adequate.
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

Ian J

Impressed by test drive

Post by Ian J » Sun May 08, 2022 7:35 am

Nanu wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:37 pm I have always gone the ex demo route letting someone else pay the VAT and take the depreciation as they drive off the forecourt. New has its benefits but it has to be balanced with costs. Another consideration is would I get the same trade in deal in 6 months while I wait for the new one being built?
    Mine was new in June 2021 but times were different then. My previous car was a BMW 6 GT and was also an ex BMW manager's car and that was 9 months old with just 1,500 miles on the clock and was offered at a huge discount. It would have been rude not to buy it

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun May 08, 2022 9:06 am

Having had many rag tops, they are fine in all honesty it would not bother me going g29 one bit - if only.

£36k seems reasonable and the trade in price good so go for it, the extra power is nice but in reality how often is it used - if SWMBO is on board then go put a deposit on it now for when it comes up for sale.

The g29 is a big improvement over the e89 despite the older car being great to drive - now off to clean mine :)
    M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by MikeyH » Sun May 08, 2022 10:01 am

Just a couple of days ago I saw a report from uk car dealers that used car prices for the last month have gone down slightly and the month before were stable. Apparently proving that price are moving downwards. But who knows.
    Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
    Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by john-e89 » Sun May 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Go for it, life's too short. Folk are happy to blow thousands upon thousands on holidays etc, dont give it a thought, yet go all cautious and try to make the figures look right in case they lose a grand on a car.... :? What's that all about....? :?

Forgive me if I'm wrong Nanu but I'm thinking you're of retirement age or thereabouts..? Why wait until you can't get in and out of the thing then decide you want one. :driving:
    M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by MikeyH » Sun May 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Good point John-e89, I had to wait till I was 68 years old to enjoy my E85 due to kids and large dog needing people carrier. How long before I can get in and out? :x
    Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
    Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Nanu
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by Nanu » Sun May 08, 2022 2:16 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:45 pm Go for it, life's too short. Folk are happy to blow thousands upon thousands on holidays etc, dont give it a thought, yet go all cautious and try to make the figures look right in case they lose a grand on a car.... :? What's that all about....? :?

Forgive me if I'm wrong Nanu but I'm thinking you're of retirement age or thereabouts..? Why wait until you can't get in and out of the thing then decide you want one. :driving:
    your assumptions are correct and suspect with my knees this may be the last sports car I purchase. Will be taking the plunge following all the feedback. Confirmation and of course pics will not be too far away.

Thanks to all that have replied
    G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
    E89 35is Valencia Orange
    E89 28i Crimson
    E89 25i White

ori

Impressed by test drive

Post by ori » Sun May 08, 2022 2:31 pm

Nanu, yup. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can.

I would still get a carwow quote on a new one just to see what a brand new one will actually cost you. I suspect discounts are low or even non existent with current waiting times.

Nanu
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by Nanu » Sun May 08, 2022 4:57 pm

ori wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:31 pm Nanu, yup. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can.

I would still get a carwow quote on a new one just to see what a brand new one will actually cost you. I suspect discounts are low or even non existent with current waiting times.
    For the same car with the additional packs, the garage quoted £46400 new. No special deals for finance or cash. Minimum 6 months wait just in time for the winter
    G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
    E89 35is Valencia Orange
    E89 28i Crimson
    E89 25i White

ori

Impressed by test drive

Post by ori » Sun May 08, 2022 6:34 pm

Nanu wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:57 pm
    ori wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:31 pm Nanu, yup. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can.

For the same car with the additional packs, the garage quoted £46400 new. No special deals for finance or cash. Minimum 6 months wait just in time for the winter
    As I said. Carwow it. All it takes is one garage to offer a deal and then others can match it. I got a cracking deal on my m40i.
    Tech, comfort, driver assistance, shadow line packs for under 50k.

Russ Z4

Impressed by test drive

Post by Russ Z4 » Sun May 08, 2022 8:03 pm

Nanu wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:57 pm Minimum 6 months wait just in time for the winter
    You may get it for the spring. I'm around 9 months now - with a delivery time circa august (which I can't see happening) - just in time for the bad weather.

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by MikeyH » Sun May 08, 2022 10:50 pm

TBH waiting all that time to get my new car would drive me bonkers. Thank god I can only afford used vehicles :rofl: :thumbsup:

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by john-e89 » Sun May 08, 2022 10:58 pm

MikeyH wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:50 pm TBH waiting all that time to get my new car would drive me bonkers. Thank god I can only afford used vehicles :rofl: :thumbsup:
    2 years wait for a Boxster gts 4.0 Mikey.....that's minimum too.... :o
    M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Impressed by test drive

Post by MikeyH » Sun May 08, 2022 11:08 pm

Jesus :headbang: