Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Views on X1

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Big Bad Boris

Views on X1

Post by Big Bad Boris » Sat May 07, 2022 7:07 am

Thinking of getting a used (2017/8] X1 for Mrs Boris to replace her current Qashqai,

No doubt there are a few owners on here. I’ve read the usual Parkers, What Car etc reviews and generally they are positive, however, as we know, nothing better than first hand experience…that’s why most of us loiter on this site :D

She would like an automatic this time around and insists on a rear view camera (not just sensors) which I believe is an option on any X1 via an optional “technology pack”, whilst I will be looking for leather interior. The car will naturally be used in and around town for the traditional Tescos visits etc as well as longer trips out every few weeks to Mrs B’s caravan 80 miles away.

Any views and opinions on which model is best (e.g. diesel v petrol) and things to look out for when buying would be appreciated. I have read the 8 speed box is excellent, which models have that? Also what is the “step auto” and is it any good?

All thoughts welcome.

jamesditchy

Views on X1

Post by jamesditchy » Sat May 07, 2022 9:05 am

We have the 2016 2 litre xdrive and no complaints here. Plenty of power, autobbox is excellent and the boot is huge. The floor panel folds back to reveal the space where the spare wheel would sit I play golf and can fit 2 full size golf bags, 2 electric trollies and overnight bag in the boot with the parcel shelf still in place.
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-05-07-09-04-23-81.jpg
Screenshot_2022-05-07-09-04-23-81.jpg (52.04 KiB) Viewed 148 times