Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advise | Supersprint powerloop vs race

"M" Specific discussion
RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Wed May 04, 2022 11:36 pm

XMetal wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:13 pm It will always be a gamble if you can't get a real life listen. Even in the U.S. there's not many people nearby for me to have a listen since the M Coupe is in such low production. Why do you think I'm on my 4th exhaust so far My current exhaust setup is a RE xpipe paired with Eisenmann sport. I'm 90% happy with it...so I won't spend any more money on exhaust - famous last words
Haha, now i remember your name and avatar (USA=zpost ;)).
We will see was looking to get an KKS, but that one sold for my eyes saldy.
I think we have to gamble all with the low production z4's.
Current: BMW Z4M Coupe '07 (one-off) | Midnight Blue Metallic | Syrah Blue Leather | OEM CSL's | Aero's
Gone: BMW Z4M Coupe '08 | Sapphire Black | Bicolour Silverstone Anthrazit | OEM CSL's | Aero's

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Wed May 04, 2022 11:37 pm

maupineda wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:22 pm This is true, my car with OE X-Pipe and REMUS boxes drone notably between 1800 and 2500, and the volume is for sure on the loud side even when everyone said REMUS is mild and almost OE (yeah LoL)

Coupes are just susceptible to droning
"Sounds" promising, so no race version than :).
Loops are also the milder version and have the cats too ...
Current: BMW Z4M Coupe '07 (one-off) | Midnight Blue Metallic | Syrah Blue Leather | OEM CSL's | Aero's
Gone: BMW Z4M Coupe '08 | Sapphire Black | Bicolour Silverstone Anthrazit | OEM CSL's | Aero's

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Fri May 06, 2022 5:36 am

I tried a full Supersprint exhaust - V1 stepped headers, cat'd s-pipe, x-pipe and powerloops - and it was too much for me. It droned and really echoed in cabin and was pretty raspy. The way you could play with the tone and volume using the accelerator was fun and at certain parts of the rev range it sounded spectacular. But, overall, it was too much for me. Having the Race mufflers instead would be unpleasant. I removed the SS x-pipe and I think it is close to perfect (for me). There is still some drone between 1800 and 2100 but it is totally liveable. Plenty of pops and burbles, a nice throat rumble at idle and not obnoxiously loud or raspy.

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Fri May 06, 2022 9:09 am

///MBan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:36 am I tried a full Supersprint exhaust - V1 stepped headers, cat'd s-pipe, x-pipe and powerloops - and it was too much for me. It droned and really echoed in cabin and was pretty raspy. The way you could play with the tone and volume using the accelerator was fun and at certain parts of the rev range it sounded spectacular. But, overall, it was too much for me. Having the Race mufflers instead would be unpleasant. I removed the SS x-pipe and I think it is close to perfect (for me). There is still some drone between 1800 and 2100 but it is totally liveable. Plenty of pops and burbles, a nice throat rumble at idle and not obnoxiously loud or raspy.
Hi Mban,

Thanks for reply and your input!
The guy who was selling the xpipe + s-pip with cats says also that it was to much for him.
I think im gonna take the risk, because i already have it and really dont like the back pods on the M ;).
Wil go for the Loops after al the input and not the race.

Ps i dont have the headers atm. gave that some performance gains? Ive read that the TQ should be higher + bit better flow.

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Fri May 06, 2022 11:22 pm

RvsBmw wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:09 am Hi Mban,

Thanks for reply and your input!
The guy who was selling the xpipe + s-pip with cats says also that it was to much for him.
I think im gonna take the risk, because i already have it and really dont like the back pods on the M ;).
Wil go for the Loops after al the input and not the race.

Ps i dont have the headers atm. gave that some performance gains? Ive read that the TQ should be higher + bit better flow.
The headers definitely increased the volume and changed the tone, but I installed them at the same time as the s-pipe, so hard to say how much of a difference the s-pipe alone would make. I considered using the SS x-pipe with the standard rear mufflers but on balance I thought it would increase the things I didn't want (rasp and drone) in comparison to using the stock x-pipe and SS Powerloops. You've got the parts, so why not try them?

I picked up about 9% power by adding the V1 stepped headers but they took some modification to fit a right hand drive car. I'm not sure if you're RHD or LHD? Peak torque was pretty much unchanged but it made some good gains in other parts of the rev range. I made a thread about it:

viewtopic.php?t=128400

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Sat May 07, 2022 2:43 pm

///MBan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:22 pm The headers definitely increased the volume and changed the tone, but I installed them at the same time as the s-pipe, so hard to say how much of a difference the s-pipe alone would make. I considered using the SS x-pipe with the standard rear mufflers but on balance I thought it would increase the things I didn't want (rasp and drone) in comparison to using the stock x-pipe and SS Powerloops. You've got the parts, so why not try them?

I picked up about 9% power by adding the V1 stepped headers but they took some modification to fit a right hand drive car. I'm not sure if you're RHD or LHD? Peak torque was pretty much unchanged but it made some good gains in other parts of the rev range. I made a thread about it:

viewtopic.php?t=128400
Thanks Mban!
I will use the cats + xpipe, but needed to choose between the race or loops.
Also interested in buying the headers stepped or non-stepped.
Thats why i asked :).

Im on a LHD car. im gonna check out your thread, thanks for the link!

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:04 am

XMetal wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:13 pm It will always be a gamble if you can't get a real life listen. Even in the U.S. there's not many people nearby for me to have a listen since the M Coupe is in such low production. Why do you think I'm on my 4th exhaust so far :oops: My current exhaust setup is a RE xpipe paired with Eisenmann sport. I'm 90% happy with it...so I won't spend any more money on exhaust - famous last words :rofl:
I gamle with the SS cans + SS xpipe + SS race cans. Got an good deal for the SS race cans.
What a sound, only a lot of drone below 2k rpm. Above its a lot of fun :P.
Dont know how long it will be funny, but SS powerloops are comming too.

And your famoust last words - haha i dont know it that will work out ;)/

beanie

Post by beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:15 pm

Noise videos, we need noise videos!
RUBYIMOLACARBON

XMetal

Post by XMetal » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:21 pm

RvsBmw wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:04 am
XMetal wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:13 pm It will always be a gamble if you can't get a real life listen. Even in the U.S. there's not many people nearby for me to have a listen since the M Coupe is in such low production. Why do you think I'm on my 4th exhaust so far :oops: My current exhaust setup is a RE xpipe paired with Eisenmann sport. I'm 90% happy with it...so I won't spend any more money on exhaust - famous last words :rofl:
I gamle with the SS cans + SS xpipe + SS race cans. Got an good deal for the SS race cans.
What a sound, only a lot of drone below 2k rpm. Above its a lot of fun :P.
Dont know how long it will be funny, but SS powerloops are comming too.

And your famoust last words - haha i dont know it that will work out ;)/
Congrats - Glad to hear that you found a setup that you liked on the first try :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:04 pm

Interesting thread. I've just bought the supersprint X pipe to go with the powerloops, will see how that goes before adding race cats if it's too quiet.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:00 pm

beanie wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:15 pm Noise videos, we need noise videos!
I will make them soon and upload them.
Also will measure the DB's :).

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:01 pm

XMetal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:21 pm Congrats - Glad to hear that you found a setup that you liked on the first try :thumbsup:
Thanks. i will try the powerloops later when there delivered. For now i will drive with the sound and enjoy it :).
Just need to stay above 2k rpm, but that isnt a problem :P

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:02 pm

john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:04 pm Interesting thread. I've just bought the supersprint X pipe to go with the powerloops, will see how that goes before adding race cats if it's too quiet.
i think a nice step up! The cats are more expensive, from SS/HJS they are.
So try and perhaps buy the cats as a next step ;).
Good luck, im curious how much DB your setup will produce haha.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:01 pm

RvsBmw wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:02 pm
john-e89 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:04 pm Interesting thread. I've just bought the supersprint X pipe to go with the powerloops, will see how that goes before adding race cats if it's too quiet.
i think a nice step up! The cats are more expensive, from SS/HJS they are.
So try and perhaps buy the cats as a next step ;).
Good luck, im curious how much DB your setup will produce haha.
Tbh Rvs the powerloops were too quiet as back boxes alone, Remus tone rises with the revs whereas the powers pretty much kept the same tone from 4k, hence the X pipe. If still not enough I'll put the Remus on, which I think will be pretty similar to Eisenmann boxes. Regarding drone neither are overpowering by any means, it's there for sure, but it's not a huge issue by any means. Shame I can't drive the car until next year. If you try something please let us know. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:25 am

john-e89 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:01 pm Tbh Rvs the powerloops were too quiet as back boxes alone, Remus tone rises with the revs whereas the powers pretty much kept the same tone from 4k, hence the X pipe. If still not enough I'll put the Remus on, which I think will be pretty similar to Eisenmann boxes. Regarding drone neither are overpowering by any means, it's there for sure, but it's not a huge issue by any means. Shame I can't drive the car until next year. If you try something please let us know. :thumbsup:
Thanks for reply John. Good to know that the loops alone will be to quiet. Than ive not wasted my money on the xpipe an SS cats :).
Will measure the DB and upload them :).

Dunno about the comparison between Remus and Eisenmann. Eisenmann also have 2 versions normal/race and ive never heard that one.
Long time no drive, 6 months + summer. Doenst sound good ;)