Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advise | Supersprint powerloop vs race

"M" Specific discussion
RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Sun May 01, 2022 8:33 pm

Hi all,

Recently i've bought the supersprint "Front pipe with Metallic catalytic converter" and the "x-pipe".
I want to finish it with the supersprint powerloops or race, or perhaps an eisenmann.
Any advise on which to take? Must be comfortable on roadtrips and dont want to put earplugs in when driving :).

Thanks for replies or for sharing experiences :).
Cheers!
Current: BMW Z4M Coupe '07 (one-off) | Midnight Blue Metallic | Syrah Blue Leather | OEM CSL's | Aero's
Gone: BMW Z4M Coupe '08 | Sapphire Black | Bicolour Silverstone Anthrazit | OEM CSL's | Aero's

Argenta

Post by Argenta » Mon May 02, 2022 9:28 am

Haha do not go for the Race ones. :)

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Mon May 02, 2022 9:44 am

Argenta wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:28 am Haha do not go for the Race ones. :)
Too loud or a lot of drone?
Current: BMW Z4M Coupe '07 (one-off) | Midnight Blue Metallic | Syrah Blue Leather | OEM CSL's | Aero's
Gone: BMW Z4M Coupe '08 | Sapphire Black | Bicolour Silverstone Anthrazit | OEM CSL's | Aero's

Argenta

Post by Argenta » Mon May 02, 2022 12:22 pm

Powerloops have some drone at 2000rpm, Race are LOUD

XMetal

Post by XMetal » Mon May 02, 2022 3:47 pm

RvsBmw wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:44 am Too loud or a lot of drone?
Both

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Tue May 03, 2022 8:13 am

I have both the SuperSprint x-pipe and race back boxes on my M Roadster with a Gruppe M for good measure.

First off definition of “too loud” is subjective. It’s also hard to describe noise, even YouTube vids don’t really help.

It’s loud for sure, there’s some drone if you sit at 1800-2000 rpm but nowhere else in the rev range. It cruises relatively quietly when on a long run. Your neighbours will hate the cold starts in the morning, that’s when it makes the worst. It’s a good start to the day if I don’t set of a neighbours car alarm when sneaking down the road on cold start.

On the other side it sounds bloody epic, pops and burbles when lifting off.

10/10 would both recommend and not recommend :rofl:
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

Mikey_Boy

Post by Mikey_Boy » Tue May 03, 2022 9:19 am

Power loop every time… :thumbsup:

I’ve got the X pipe and power loop rear boxes on my car - if you want to do trackdays, you’ll need a quiet (ish) exhaust. After the novelty wears off, a loud exhaust is just a nuisance.
The power loop sound quality is really nice - not too obnoxious on start up, and a rich sound at idle. No louder than OEM on cruise, a few pops and burbles on the over run when hot.

There are many ways to make noise in a Z4M - CSL airbox being the best for driver enjoyment! :thumbsup:

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Tue May 03, 2022 2:33 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:13 am I have both the SuperSprint x-pipe and race back boxes on my M Roadster with a Gruppe M for good measure.
Thanks for reply! Also running other cats or no cats? The race just appeal because less weight ;).
any vids or something? Its hard to find, also very hard to capture ;)

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Tue May 03, 2022 2:35 pm

Mikey_Boy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:19 am Power loop every time…
On this moment got an option on a set of powerloops. Gonna see them end of this months :).

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Tue May 03, 2022 4:06 pm

RvsBmw wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:33 pm Thanks for reply! Also running other cats or no cats? The race just appeal because less weight .
any vids or something? Its hard to find, also very hard to capture
Standard cats. The car came with all the goodies fitted, but they are considerably lighter for sure. I need to get a plugin microphone for my phone to cut down on the cabin wind noise, every time I've tried to record it you can't hear it very well.
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Tue May 03, 2022 4:15 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:06 pm Standard cats. The car came with all the goodies fitted, but they are considerably lighter for sure. I need to get a plugin microphone for my phone to cut down on the cabin wind noise, every time I've tried to record it you can't hear it very well.
Lucky that it was already installed :).
Yes need some better material than an phone. But good to know that you dont have some vids. thanks for replying :)

XMetal

Post by XMetal » Tue May 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:13 am I have both the SuperSprint x-pipe and race back boxes on my M Roadster with a Gruppe M for good measure.

First off definition of “too loud” is subjective. It’s also hard to describe noise, even YouTube vids don’t really help.

It’s loud for sure, there’s some drone if you sit at 1800-2000 rpm but nowhere else in the rev range. It cruises relatively quietly when on a long run. Your neighbours will hate the cold starts in the morning, that’s when it makes the worst. It’s a good start to the day if I don’t set of a neighbours car alarm when sneaking down the road on cold start.

While it's true that "too loud" is subjective, you have to note that your roadster which doesn't have a tin top to capture and bounce all that droney sounds around like a coupe would. OP has a coupe and that loud drone would get old really fast! I only have race boxes, with everything else stock on my U.S. coupe, which is supposed to be quieter than European coupe which have 2 less cats. I have to switch it out in less than a week.

OP, unfortunately you will have to listen to it in person to judge it for yourself. You won't be able to judge the loudness or drone from any videos, I've listened to countless videos before I pull the trigger and nothing compared to my real life experience with it.

RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Wed May 04, 2022 9:05 am

XMetal wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:18 pm OP, unfortunately you will have to listen to it in person to judge it for yourself. You won't be able to judge the loudness or drone from any videos, I've listened to countless videos before I pull the trigger and nothing compared to my real life experience with it.
Thanks for reply.
Sadly in the Netherlands not that much people with modified z4 m's :(.
I think i've to gamble here ;).

XMetal

Post by XMetal » Wed May 04, 2022 4:13 pm

RvsBmw wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:05 am
XMetal wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:18 pm OP, unfortunately you will have to listen to it in person to judge it for yourself. You won't be able to judge the loudness or drone from any videos, I've listened to countless videos before I pull the trigger and nothing compared to my real life experience with it.
Thanks for reply.
Sadly in the Netherlands not that much people with modified z4 m's :(.
I think i've to gamble here ;).
It will always be a gamble if you can't get a real life listen. Even in the U.S. there's not many people nearby for me to have a listen since the M Coupe is in such low production. Why do you think I'm on my 4th exhaust so far :oops: My current exhaust setup is a RE xpipe paired with Eisenmann sport. I'm 90% happy with it...so I won't spend any more money on exhaust - famous last words :rofl:

maupineda

Post by maupineda » Wed May 04, 2022 4:22 pm

XMetal wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:18 pm

While it's true that "too loud" is subjective, you have to note that your roadster which doesn't have a tin top to capture and bounce all that droney sounds around like a coupe would. OP has a coupe and that loud drone would get old really fast! I only have race boxes, with everything else stock on my U.S. coupe, which is supposed to be quieter than European coupe which have 2 less cats. I have to switch it out in less than a week.

OP, unfortunately you will have to listen to it in person to judge it for yourself. You won't be able to judge the loudness or drone from any videos, I've listened to countless videos before I pull the trigger and nothing compared to my real life experience with it.
This is true, my car with OE X-Pipe and REMUS boxes drone notably between 1800 and 2500, and the volume is for sure on the loud side even when everyone said REMUS is mild and almost OE (yeah LoL)

Coupes are just susceptible to droning