Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Withdrawn: E85 3.0 manual Northern Ireland Big spec

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
steve_naive

Withdrawn: E85 3.0 manual Northern Ireland Big spec

Post by steve_naive » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:52 am

Bought a classic car and need to make space fast!

Sterling Grey 2003 Roadster 107k with service history.

Recent/new parts:
Latest Panasonic touchscreen radio with CarPlay/android (I.e. sat nav, calls and music via phone)
Eibach springs and Bilstein b4 shocks, Meyle front top mounts and Lemforder rears.
Hankook Evo 2 rear tyres (matching fronts)
Genuine bmw mats
Cup holder on driver’s side
Xlr8 Aluminium DISA valve. (Lower intake boot replaced and idle control valve serviced).
Battery - Varta (brand new)
Gen bmw clear 3rd brake light.
Oil and filter done

Undertaken by previous owner:
All brake lines replaced with copper pipes
AFE air intake!
Centre decat
Big front brake conversion (from a 330, iirc)
19” CSL copies.
Starter motor and probably other parts - he’s a mechanic.
Gap tech roof module (on Fritz but I’ll solder it in and should work).
New roof and motor
Cruise control added (early cars are wired for everything).
Weighted gear knob.

Factory options include power mirrors and xenon headlamps. Auto wipers. Climate. Auto lights. Business cd changer. 10 speakers and amp.

To come with car:
Powerflex RTABS and lollipops -plus RTAB tool if you want to diy. Gearbox and Diff oils. Original Business radio if you want to revert and sell touchscreen (original box retained).

Body condition:
One minor scratch/dink on the bonnet, which you don’t notice unless pointed out. Otherwise presents quite nicely for an old bird. Oh there is a small scrape on the bottom of the plastic front bumper, but it's so low down you barely see it. Alloys are presentable but not mint.

Work required
Needs the plastic shield under the engine repairing/replacing. I think it’s letting condensation into the passenger side floor. Otherwise that will be the door card membrane - I’ve not had it off to inspect.

Full disclosure: I spilt 5 litres of emulsion in the boot last year (don’t laugh) and replaced plastic battery bay and carpets. A few bolts sheared when I removed bay, and will need drilling out. I have the new bolts ready to go. You can’t see them and the bay is rock solid, but should be done imo.

Stamped book up to 100kish (will check) and then serviced by previous owner incl spark plugs brake fluid (mechanic) and I did oil and filter in Dec, also cleaned MAF and the AFE filter cone.

Car is still rapid when you feel the urge and runs sweet, no stalling, overheating or any of that malarkey.

Photos to follow. I’m in Newtownabbey. Oh and it does have MOT until June - passed with nil advisories and has only done 500 miles since. :D :driving:
Last edited by steve_naive on Sun May 08, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jcv507

E85 3.0 manual Northern Ireland Big spec

Post by Jcv507 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:02 pm

Interested, based in NI also

steve_naive

E85 3.0 manual Northern Ireland Big spec

Post by steve_naive » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:05 pm

Jcv507 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:02 pm Interested, based in NI also
I'll try and get pics tomorrow. You'll have to do with this for now - only one I've taken recently. :oops:

My mistake - last stamp was 94k (zoom in - I think that's right). But had several oil changes since then. Most recent Dec.

steve_naive

Withdrawn: E85 3.0 manual Northern Ireland Big spec

Post by steve_naive » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:43 am

:tumbleweed: :D

Decided to sort the few bits and put a fresh MOT on her for a proper sale. Withdrawn.