Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carbon air box fitting

"M" Specific discussion
D.Bryce

Carbon air box fitting

Post by D.Bryce » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:46 pm

Will by buying a Carbon air box soon for the z4MC and wondering what people recommend using to replace the maf as there seems to be a lot of opinions across the 46 chat.

So far I can see alpha n map or map sensor and iat relocation. I will be getting the custom mapped on the dyno but is the above an extra requirement ?

Thanks.

NLW73

Carbon air box fitting

Post by NLW73 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:04 am

hi I just had one fitted to my Z4MC. its an older style one (bit like the early Geoff steel ones not evolve) and see my thread here for the build and changes:

viewtopic.php?t=133908&start=15

i was going to run a filter and keep the OEM MAF. set up. I decided to get it de Maffed and then done a re map with Alfa N.

it seems to pull really well right thorough the rev range now and it makes a great noise too of course. i think the remap probably gave it some more power over OEM but not been on the dyno. i had a few race cars (36 and 46) that when you took the oem MAF off and had a re map with the carbon air box you got more power and torque.

hope that helps Nick