Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Service due

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Service due

Post by Nanu » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:31 pm

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting a Service due message on the idrive. When I checked it just says a visual inspection is required.
Coincidentally or not, have also been receiving emails from two different dealerships stating the same.

There are no actual services due for at least another 10K so am I correct in assuming it's just a ruse for the dealerships to get their hands on your car and to find something wrong which they can fleece you for? They also don't mention if there is a cost for this visual inspection / service which I suspect there is.

My indy tells me that unless a proper service is due or the car is telling me there is something wrong, leave things alone. If that is so, how the hell do I stop this annoying message every time I switch the engine on?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Service due

Post by B21 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:49 pm

Goto iDrive

Click and hold down on red flag

It will reset it to green!

https://www.pscautocentre.co.uk/product ... icle-check
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Service due

Post by Nanu » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:47 pm

Thanks, I assume it’s only a dealer thing to generate more money rather than a necessity

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Service due

Post by B21 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:02 pm

Nanu wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:47 pm Thanks, I assume it’s only a dealer thing to generate more money rather than a necessity
Your call…if you are a good boy and keep an eye on things then probably not..if you don’t then it’s a good check..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Busterboo

Service due

Post by Busterboo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:27 am

Nanu wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:31 pm My indy tells me that unless a proper service is due or the car is telling me there is something wrong, leave things alone.
Your 35is won't tell you if, for example, the adaptive suspension's leaking, which it may well be. So, since service intervals are so long, why not ask your indy to give it a between-service once-over, anyway? It won't cost much and may reveal a lot.

On the other hand, if you've got an insured warranty - which the 35is needs - have an AD do it - they often offer 'cheap' deals - and your warranty will pay to renew failing parts that would otherwise cause you bother in future.
Vidi, vici, veni

clarker63

Service due

Post by clarker63 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:58 am

Busterboo wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:27 am
Nanu wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:31 pm My indy tells me that unless a proper service is due or the car is telling me there is something wrong, leave things alone.
Your 35is won't tell you if, for example, the adaptive suspension's leaking, which it may well be. So, since service intervals are so long, why not ask your indy to give it a between-service once-over, anyway? It won't cost much and may reveal a lot.

On the other hand, if you've got an insured warranty - which the 35is needs - have an AD do it - they often offer 'cheap' deals - and your warranty will pay to renew failing parts that would otherwise cause you bother in future.
Mines doing this too - its £80 for an "inspection". I've decided to go for it precisely because of the fact I have a warranty!
35is, sadly gone, but not forgotten.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Service due

Post by Nanu » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:27 pm

Thanks,

Will get my Indy to check her over

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson