Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Courier/shiply didn't go to plan...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:17 pm

For the cost of a small claim and making them defend it, worth it I would say.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:47 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:18 pm I'm afraid folk don't give two f**ks these days.... honesty, integrity and reliability have gone out of the window. This scenario is the new norm.
I have agree with this, which in turn makes me more and more sceptical and cynical of everyone; which is quite sad really.

It doesn't help with this situation, but I have had cars transported several times in the past year. I only find local companies who have a website and I can ring and discuss matters on the phone. I will only pay cash on delivery, with no deposit. I also ask them to email details of their PL/ in transit insurance just in case.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

cowboyjon

Post by cowboyjon » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:12 pm

I'll never use shiply again.

I have arranged a courier through an actual real life company - anyvan.com and its clear they are actual professionals and they weren't much more expensive than the shiply quotes anyway.

Anyway, it's done for me. Tons of stress and disappointment for a day and a half so I need to move on.

I'm looking forward to being able to put something positive on the forum about my new e86 at the end of the week!
FK8 - Championship White
E86 - Ruby Black

Retrek

Post by Retrek » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:03 pm

That's annoying. I've heard of some horrible experiences with shippers and this ranks right up there. For what it's worth, you do have some recourse in cases like this. I don't know the specifics, but I know a read an article somewhere on this website https://www.a1autotransport.com/ that outlines the options you have when they reneg on their stated obligations or service. If they're harassing you, I might go straight to legal counsel to resolve it.