Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bartlett Automotive Ltd Cambridgeshire

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:07 am

Hi all, following on from the earlier topic of independent servicing in Cambridgeshire, which gave a mention to Bartlett’s, I thought I’d add some comments on my experience here, should you find it helpful.

Today my Z4 is in with them for a service, MoT and replacement rear springs. I’ve dropped my car at their Huntingdon branch; a very smart premises that also caters for Mini and Porsche. Last time I was here there was a Rover SD1 in the workshop… They also have a Peterborough branch. I’ve used Damian Bartlett since he set up business in Huntingdon over 10 years ago, offering an alternative, attentive option to the (then) BMW franchise. At that time I owned an E46 M3 convertible.

They offer courtesy cars however today I’ve made use of their courtesy bicycle! It’s 3° and snowing!! But it’s less than a 30 min ride home and it’s probably good for me.
Attachments
8131C7A0-9CA5-414A-8C0F-07E82E624CE1.jpeg
8131C7A0-9CA5-414A-8C0F-07E82E624CE1.jpeg (119.94 KiB) Viewed 1018 times

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:18 am

https://bartlett-auto.com/ Here’s a link to help you find Bartlett Automotive Ltd.

My previous trip to see them was to have the upgrade M Performance kit fitted, which they were able to source and fit. I later returned to have the colour matched rear calipers fitted with some new discs; I was going to do it and then chickened out. Very happy to hand over my car to their professional team. And they do seem to appreciate your car (I don’t suppose many Z4 go to them for TLC).
Attachments
FE8DB6BE-4731-41E0-BEDF-46C38A19806B.jpeg
FE8DB6BE-4731-41E0-BEDF-46C38A19806B.jpeg (189.46 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Last edited by jenniferlouise on Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:27 am

Final bit, for now. To be clear, I don’t work for Bartlett’s nor do I have any affiliation. A couple of years ago they opened their new service centre in Huntingdon which gave them more space and improved technology. There’s a nice little promo video on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/cJERLME-fPw

I’ll post again once I’ve collected my car later today, or tomorrow if they uncover something troubling. A :driving:

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:33 am

Always good to get positive endorsements, especially sustained over a period of time :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:04 pm

The Z4 is now home and back in the garage. One of those rare experiences where the cost was less than expected! It was booked for a full service but turns out it didn’t need it, instead we agreed on an interim oil service; it’s had an engine flush, new filter and some lovely Shell Helix

When changing the rear springs, it was noted that an anti roll bar drop link was damaged. I was advised before any work was done to replace this, even though it had to be done.

Another great experience. I’d certainly recommend for anyone in the area. Turns out it’s been a Zed day with Bartlett’s, with a couple of Z4 and a metallic blue Z3. So mine was in good company.

Now for the 326M alloy dilemma… which will feature elsewhere. A

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:50 pm

jenniferlouise wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:18 am https://bartlett-auto.com/ Here’s a link to help you find Bartlett Automotive Ltd.

My precious trip to see them was to have the upgrade M Performance kit fitted, which they were able to source and fit. I later returned to have the colour matched rear calipers fitted with some new discs; I was going to do it and then chickened out. Very happy to hand over my car to their professional team. And they do seem to appreciate your car (I don’t suppose many Z4 go to them for TLC).
I'm curious, what is the M Performance kit?
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:12 pm

Hi Tiglon, I’ve posted about these elsewhere in the forum, so it’s worth a search. In short, BMW doesn’t offer an upgrade brake kit for the Z4 however there is an M Performance kit (as shown) for the fronts that fits from an E90 (I believe). It’s expensive but looks awesome IMHO

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:12 pm

I have spoken to Bartlett's a couple of times but not used them yet. Peterborough will be the most convenient for me.
I have an ex-BMW mechanic locally but, although good, is too hard to track down and doesn't really seem bothered anymore.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:32 am

jenniferlouise wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:12 pm Hi Tiglon, I’ve posted about these elsewhere in the forum, so it’s worth a search. In short, BMW doesn’t offer an upgrade brake kit for the Z4 however there is an M Performance kit (as shown) for the fronts that fits from an E90 (I believe). It’s expensive but looks awesome IMHO
Thanks, I'll have a search :thumbsup:
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:55 pm

Another visit to Bartlett’s today, this time I came away with a new MoT and a clean bill of health. New wheel fitted to the rear and new valves on the front. May yet be back for some non RFT tread…

Oh and whilst you can book a courtesy car, I chose to (again) opt for the courtesy bicycle. I admit I was blowing a little on the way back, but I do feel righteous 👍