Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Using BMW Scanner 1.4 to change Transport Mode (or Energy Saving Mode) to Normal Mode.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Using BMW Scanner 1.4 to change Transport Mode (or Energy Saving Mode) to Normal Mode.

Post by enuff_zed » Sat May 06, 2023 5:41 pm

dmo wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:25 pm
colb wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:20 pm It should work on your E86 as well as E85 in fact it will read all BMW models.
The software sitting behind BMW Scanner 1.4 is PA Soft a well known diagnostic software.
It is the only code reader setup that I have found that can reset Transport Mode other than the BMW Software packages of INPA, NCS Expert and Winkpf and DIS which are somewhat complecated to set up and work your way through.
I asked the seller on eBay and they've come back saying the e86 isn't supported. How weird. I was expecting them to confirm what I suspected, but turns out it's a no?

Do I risk it anyway and hope it works?
I assumed it was basically the same car?
Not had a chance to try mine on an E86 yet though.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

dmo

Post by dmo » Sat May 06, 2023 5:43 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:41 pm
dmo wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:25 pm
colb wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:20 pm It should work on your E86 as well as E85 in fact it will read all BMW models.
The software sitting behind BMW Scanner 1.4 is PA Soft a well known diagnostic software.
It is the only code reader setup that I have found that can reset Transport Mode other than the BMW Software packages of INPA, NCS Expert and Winkpf and DIS which are somewhat complecated to set up and work your way through.
I asked the seller on eBay and they've come back saying the e86 isn't supported. How weird. I was expecting them to confirm what I suspected, but turns out it's a no?

Do I risk it anyway and hope it works?
I assumed it was basically the same car?
Not had a chance to try mine on an E86 yet though.
That was my thought too. It's only £20, I just dont want yet another scanner in the boot of my car that I don't need.

Already got a 310+ and the canbus cable with a CD of stuff that I don't need.
BMW Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe (AUTO) (2006), Silver Grey FOR SALE

colb

Post by colb » Sat May 06, 2023 7:15 pm

I would like to try it and see if it reads any of the modules on your model if you were near me I could plug mine in and see, works fine on my E85 and E36 wouldn't have thought software in yours would be that different.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

dmo

Post by dmo » Sat May 06, 2023 8:23 pm

South Londoner over here... Sadly nowhere near close 😐

dmo

Post by dmo » Sun May 07, 2023 12:14 pm

Seller on eBay came back to me and said this when I asked if they were sure that it didn't work on the e86

"You need an INPA cable to do that job, we don't have them, they are available on ebay."

Thoughts folks?
Last edited by dmo on Tue May 09, 2023 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

colb

Post by colb » Sun May 07, 2023 11:35 pm

Worth a punt it won't break the bank, if it isn't compatable with you E86 you can sell it on here for a small loss.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650

colb

Post by colb » Sat May 20, 2023 7:34 pm

I have invested in a Launch Tablet Scanner and Programmer £300 with 2years free updates, it scans all worldwide makes not just BMW. Bought it for coding airbag modules which have been cropping up with fellow owners cars and require used replacements to be coded with the cars Vin Number, have yet to code one successfully due to duff replacement modules being supplied. However the Launch is capable of deleting Transport Mode have done this on my car and a fellow members car so far. Will be doing another one sometime that is not used as a regular car and frequently has a flat battery, no battery drain as far as I know just the annoying Transport mode being set when the battery gets low.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650

dmo

Post by dmo » Sat May 20, 2023 11:03 pm

Blimey you're gonna be an even more popular guy on this forum with one of those.

Didn't get round to deleting TM yet. Luckily it's been nice and balmy this week so I've been enjoying the windows down and seat warmers on low.

colb

Post by colb » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:52 pm

Bit of info on deleting Transport Mode that I have found out after purchasing a Launch Tablet Scanner (Chinese Clone). being interested in all things diagnostic I wanted kit that simplified scanning and coding and not just BMW. The Launch kit cost me £300 but am very happy with its capabilities for all makes worldwide and especially the BMW range. This kit can delete transport mode from the car and not just reset it. When you run the coding sequence it removes the TransportMode settings from all of the modules it resides in so it will never invoke the mode when low battery conditions arise. Have deleted it from my E85 and a few other members cars as and when they pay me a visit,
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650