Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Xenon bulb issue

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
aqua0

Xenon bulb issue

Post by aqua0 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:10 am

Hi Folks,

I have xenons fitted to my 07 3.0Si and the near side has started flickering, then going off and causing a light warning on the dash. Then, it'll magically come back on again :?
What are the replacement options please?

Cheers
Never go deeper than the bottom :P
Facelift 3.0Si Roadster :thumbsup:
Previous was a 2.0i Sport

parabolica

Xenon bulb issue

Post by parabolica » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:04 pm

Swap left and right bulbs to see if the same happens to determine if it’s the bulb or something else. If still blinking on the near side with the offside bulb now in there, it’s either the igniter or the ballast control.

You can swap the igniters over side to side like the bulb to test those. My money is on the ballast control module under the headlight; OEM items have a vent hole that lets in water and buggers them up. Luckily they are a common part and not expensive. New control units don’t have the vent hole.

wiseguy

Xenon bulb issue

Post by wiseguy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:43 pm

The control module OEM is almost $500.00 for just the part. You can find off brand ones for $210.00.

Someone posted on here about finding a replacement for the igniter that’s not $110.00. It’s not bmw oem. I can’t remember where they said they got it.
2007 3.0SI Roadster leather/auto/Carver-Logic7
stereo system/xenons/sport/108s/ LeatherZ MK4 armrest/ Ultimate
Cupholders/ GROM BMW Mini 98-06 trunk USB Android iPhone car integration adapter kit

R.I.P. Dice Mediabridge 1500. 2010-2023.