Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Revo Rack

Discussing the current generation Z4
KRD9239

Revo Rack

Post by KRD9239 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:25 pm

Hi

I've just bought a 2019 Z4 and the first outing is a month long road trip travelling around Europe. Ideally I'd like to make use of a boot rack to extend the amount of luggage I am taking. Does anyone have any experience of using a luggage rack on the G29 model. I was looking at the rack by https://revo-rack.com/language/en/revo- ... gage-rack/ that attaches to the boot lid by the vacuum method...

I did add to a post regarding a boot mounted bike rack and from the response I got I understand the boot lid is perhaps not that strong. I obviously don't want to damage the lid in any way...

Any suggestions or experience would be brilliant... :tumbleweed:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Revo Rack

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:38 pm

Not quite the same but I have one of these, sits behind the passenger seat in a bag when not in use, and easy to use when needed.

https://boot-bag.com/store/default/bmw- ... ation.html

Re security, it unclips and can be put in the passenger side when leaving the car when parked up if needed. We often start off with it stowed away and as the OH accumulates the various amounts of sh!te she’s known too when we’re away, it comes into service :D

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

KRD9239

Revo Rack

Post by KRD9239 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:48 pm

Thanks that's a good option...the luggage I was thinking of carting around is a Stand up paddle board...the original car was a XC40...so massive...but I got bored with it...the Z4 is way more fun... :cry:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Revo Rack

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:07 pm

KRD9239 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:48 pm Thanks that's a good option...the luggage I was thinking of carting around is a Stand up paddle board...the original car was a XC40...so massive...but I got bored with it...the Z4 is way more fun... :cry:
    You could alway just buy the matting and some straps without buying the bag. I think my daughters stand up paddle board, once bagged up, would fit ok.

Z4 is way more fun, if it doesn’t fit just hire a paddle board when you get to your destination :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

KRD9239

Revo Rack

Post by KRD9239 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:14 pm

:D yeah...but I'd never hear the last of it...