Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Body Shop Started Whoop Whoop!!

Discussing the current generation Z4
Jam13f

Post by Jam13f » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:32 am

Morning all...Genius just confirmed body shop started, code 5100.

They advise the only deletion from original order is touch screen (Wireless charging already deleted on order form). I am sure this will change but it now seems real, and I will be soon in my Z4 :D
BMW 430i F32 2016, Sold March 2022
Z4 M40i G29 Frozen Grey, Cognac.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:38 am

Excellent news đź‘Ť

Build spec shouldn’t change now, all your bits are sitting on a pallet and akaik any changes would’ve been notified when pulling that together.

Now you’ve got the long wait seeing it mover through the last stages. It’ll be here for the longer nights and hopefully better weather :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Jam13f

Post by Jam13f » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:54 am

Argyll Andy wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:38 am Excellent news 👍

Build spec shouldn’t change now, all your bits are sitting on a pallet and akaik any changes would’ve been notified when pulling that together.

Now you’ve got the long wait seeing it mover through the last stages. It’ll be here for the longer nights and hopefully better weather :thumbsup:
    Thanks Andy...yes, cant wait. Would of been nice to be this weekend :thumbsup:

Russ Z4

Post by Russ Z4 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:56 am

Jam13f wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:32 am They advise the only deletion from original order is touch screen (Wireless charging already deleted on order form). I am sure this will change but it now seems real, and I will be soon in my Z4 :D
    Good news that you have some movement!

Surprised to see the touch screen deletion - especially as folk seem to have them arriving with it in place?

Jam13f

Post by Jam13f » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 am

Russ Z4 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:56 am
    Jam13f wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:32 am They advise the only deletion from original order is touch screen (Wireless charging already deleted on order form). I am sure this will change but it now seems real, and I will be soon in my Z4 :D
    Me too, considering that my dealer said it had been added back in. Would rather that than deleting Apple Car Play

Good news that you have some movement!

Surprised to see the touch screen deletion - especially as folk seem to have them arriving with it in place?

ori

Post by ori » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:26 am

Excellent news! Car will be in your hands well before the summer!

Jam13f

Post by Jam13f » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:34 am

ori wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:26 am Excellent news! Car will be in your hands well before the summer!
    :thumbsup: :D

blaster1956

Post by blaster1956 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:49 pm

Jam13f, That is excellent news, it should move pretty quickly from here. it will be well worth the wait, promise!!

I'm really surprised about the touchscreen deletion as mine was built in January and has a touchscreen. I'm also not convinced you will have Apple Carplay from Day 1 as there is a deletion affecting that on new builds at the moment - Option code 6P1 (Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade). This will be fixed via a software update in 2Q apparently.

If you talk to the Genius team nicely they will email you an uptodate specification so you can check the deletes for yourself (although be aware that some may not show until the build is completed).
    G29 M40i - Misano Blue - since February 2022
    E89 sDrive 20i M Sport - Sapphire Black - Sold August 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i Roadster - Crimson Red - Sold 2018
    E85 2.0i Sport - Stratus Grey - Sold 2014

Jam13f

Post by Jam13f » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:53 pm

blaster1956 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:49 pm Jam13f, That is excellent news, it should move pretty quickly from here. it will be well worth the wait, promise!!

I'm really surprised about the touchscreen deletion as mine was built in January and has a touchscreen. I'm also not convinced you will have Apple Carplay from Day 1 as there is a deletion affecting that on new builds at the moment - Option code 6P1 (Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade). This will be fixed via a software update in 2Q apparently.

If you talk to the Genius team nicely they will email you an uptodate specification so you can check the deletes for yourself (although be aware that some may not show until the build is completed).
    Thanks Blaster. Yes, my thoughts exactly. I have asked my dealer for VIN, hopefully this might tell me deletions? If not, I will contact genius later in the week. :thumbsup:

blaster1956

Post by blaster1956 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:44 pm

Jam13f wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:53 pm Thanks Blaster. Yes, my thoughts exactly. I have asked my dealer for VIN, hopefully this might tell me deletions? If not, I will contact genius later in the week.
    Yeah I think it should, I used mdecoder during build and that showed up "S6P1 ENTF. SPEZ. WIFI-/BLUETOOTH-FUNK." which I guess is German for Wifi deletion!!!!
    G29 M40i - Misano Blue - since February 2022
    E89 sDrive 20i M Sport - Sapphire Black - Sold August 2021
    E89 sDrive 20i Roadster - Crimson Red - Sold 2018
    E85 2.0i Sport - Stratus Grey - Sold 2014

Russ Z4

Post by Russ Z4 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:23 pm

blaster1956 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:49 pm I'm really surprised about the touchscreen deletion as mine was built in January and has a touchscreen. I'm also not convinced you will have Apple Carplay from Day 1 as there is a deletion affecting that on new builds at the moment - Option code 6P1 (Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade). This will be fixed via a software update in 2Q apparently.
    I've had another update from my order.

"Unfortunately touch screen has still been pulled and there isn’t a fix for this until November."

"car play and Wi-Fi is deleted but can be put back on the car through a software update in Q2/Q3."

Now whether any of that actually stands, I guess it's a wait and see... as the forum (like yourself) has been seeing touchscreens coming through. That's the first time I've seen Q3 mentioned on the software update. So I guess that may as well be vapourware until it (if it does) actually lands.

ori

Post by ori » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:26 pm

Yeah these software updates gets pushed back.

I wish I could retrofit digital key. Just for the apple key thing and I probably wouldn’t use it…..but I want it. ;)

Russ Z4

Post by Russ Z4 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:35 pm

ori wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:26 pm I wish I could retrofit digital key. Just for the apple key thing and I probably wouldn’t use it…..but I want it. ;)
    Dont think my iPhone is new enough to support it!

Jam13f

Post by Jam13f » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:58 pm

Russ Z4 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:23 pm
    blaster1956 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:49 pm I'm really surprised about the touchscreen deletion as mine was built in January and has a touchscreen. I'm also not convinced you will have Apple Carplay from Day 1 as there is a deletion affecting that on new builds at the moment - Option code 6P1 (Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade). This will be fixed via a software update in 2Q apparently.
    I've had another update from my order.

"Unfortunately touch screen has still been pulled and there isn’t a fix for this until November."

"car play and Wi-Fi is deleted but can be put back on the car through a software update in Q2/Q3."

Now whether any of that actually stands, I guess it's a wait and see... as the forum (like yourself) has been seeing touchscreens coming through. That's the first time I've seen Q3 mentioned on the software update. So I guess that may as well be vapourware until it (if it does) actually lands.
    Hi Russ...None of it makes any sense TBH. Some members have received their cars before me and ordered after. I placed my order mid August, did not receive my order number until the end of September but Genius kept saying "order not accepted" by factory. I then got an email from my dealer explaining the factory is not accepting any more orders until early January.

I got my delivery date of end of March around the 10th January.

The fact that some are getting touch screen, some not, car play etc....Genius today telling me only deletion is touch screen, my dealer telling me 10 days ago touch screen is back!!!

I can only imagine, if they get a delivery of parts (chips) they get allocated to the cars, if they dont know when the next batch is coming, they have to tell others of more deletions. But that could change if another batch comes in.

I work in the lift and escalator industry and we are finding that some suppliers/manufacturers cant give us delivery dates for a couple of weeks, then all of a sudden they can.

Fingers crossed yours get brought forward, they might be waiting for components and tell you worse case....

Russ Z4

Post by Russ Z4 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:42 pm

Im getting that feeling too. Ive had limited details. I was told it was "Capacity checked" on 3rd Feb with delivery mid March. Then Mid April. And now mid May.

The parts bin thing is highly frustrating - not knowing what it will and won't come with. Especially when a big part of buying these cars is that they are (to me anyway) a sports/daily crossover with the tech that you'd want in a daily. If the key tech is missing, I'd rather not have the car. I said from the start, if the car comes without HK, I'm not taking it.

I was going to buy an Alpine A110 and yet the sensible part of me was saying that the rubbish infotainment system on it and the lack of creature comforts (and storage) would do my nut in as a daily driver. I'm not too sure now. There's a handful of new Alpines in the country ready to go right now. Thats the thing - they are a great car - but for most, can only be a weekend car.

But then I remember, I'm not really in a rush for the car (although I would like it for the start of the nice weather season) - but the crap shoot on what you are going to get and when is not the greatest buying experience.

But then again, none of my dealings with BMW have ever been good. (Especially that time when the dealer put the wrong numberplate on it and I ended up getting arrested for boosting a M140i - but that's a story for another day).