Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Speeding Ticket

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
N4LLY

Speeding Ticket

Post by N4LLY » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:06 pm

Chippie wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:38 pm
N4LLY wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:46 pm This stretch i take daily, is dual carridgeway, i thought was a 40, but it's to do with the street lights, if three in a row it becomes a 30.
(Something like that)
I thought you should have known that after taking the speed awareness course :poke: :D
Thats where i learnt it from after asking why am i here and doing 34 in a 40 :lol:

Still going down hill on a dual caridgeway and freaking car telling me i should be in 5th gear :driving:

What i have learnt is where the damn camara van parks :wink:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

Chippie

Speeding Ticket

Post by Chippie » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:25 pm

N4LLY wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:06 pm What i have learnt is where the damn camara van parks
There’s a great app for that called Radarbot, it warns you of all reported radar traps, it’s useful when you are driving somewhere you don’t know
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding Ticket

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:34 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:08 pm All fair comments chaps! To be honest I've driven that road a 100 times and never once reaslied it drops to a 30 for that 100 meters (have always done 40ish through there), I've looked at the signage on google maps it's they're the really small signs that are pretty well hidden with bushes and trees.

He must have made his yearly quota and got almost every car through that last week :headbang:

I'm hoping it's just the £100 fine and 3 points. Let's wait and see. :cry:
Is it not mitigating circumstances as signage must be clear and visible and not certain they are allowed to hide in bushes either?
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Angelus666

Speeding Ticket

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:08 pm

I did think they were meant to be visible, but apparently they don't have to be, and they are allowed to be very hidden if they want to be.

He was litterally sitting in a f*cking bush, he might as well have had full camoflage on. What makes it even more annoying is that two weeks prior to this, two scumbag black c*nts kicked in my neighbours door at 3am trying to get the keys to steal my car, holding a knife to her throat. Thick c*nts got the wrong house. The police turned up on time and were fairly good, but the CID have been shockingly bad, took them over 2 weeks to view the CCTV from my other neighbour and they need 6 weeks to try and match the DNA from a few bits of evidence. They haven't been back once to update on the case and see if my neighbour is ok.

Yet they can prioritise a man sitting in a bush all saturday afternoon catching speeding on a very clear A road. :headbang:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Speeding Ticket

Post by pvr » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:33 pm

It doesn’t make any sense to me what so ever. There are 1309 deaths a year on the road, and even if we agree that speed is a factor in 25% as per statistics (doesn’t even split it per speed over the limit though), then we are talking about 325 per year.

I for one do not believe it to be useful to allocate that much time and man power to that, whilst the same manpower can do much more in society as a whole if they were to concentrate on violent crime and burglaries that have a much bigger impact on society. There were 1.8 million violent crimes last year but they allocate time to such a trivial item
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding Ticket

Post by sars » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:08 pm I did think they were meant to be visible, but apparently they don't have to be, and they are allowed to be very hidden if they want to be.

He was litterally sitting in a f*cking bush, he might as well have had full camoflage on. What makes it even more annoying is that two weeks prior to this, two scumbag black c*nts kicked in my neighbours door at 3am trying to get the keys to steal my car, holding a knife to her throat. Thick c*nts got the wrong house. The police turned up on time and were fairly good, but the CID have been shockingly bad, took them over 2 weeks to view the CCTV from my other neighbour and they need 6 weeks to try and match the DNA from a few bits of evidence. They haven't been back once to update on the case and see if my neighbour is ok.

Yet they can prioritise a man sitting in a bush all saturday afternoon catching speeding on a very clear A road. :headbang:
Almost the same thing happened to me in Birmingham, going from a 50 down to 40 mph, I was in cruise set at 52 or something like that, suddenly double flash, wtf! turned around and re-traced my steps and the 40 mph sign was obscured by bushes. When I got the fixed penalty notice I wrote back with a photo of the concealed 40 mph sign saying that I was going to contest. A few weeks later got a reminder notice, which again I wrote back with the same explanation and that was the last I heard from them. Half the time they’re just after easy pickings :poke:
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

pvr
Legend
Legend

Speeding Ticket

Post by pvr » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Are the signs still concealed or have you not been back?
Current:
Abarth 595 Comp.
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4 3.0 Toledo

pvr
Legend
Legend

Speeding Ticket

Post by pvr » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:54 pm

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 16.52.15.png
Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 16.52.15.png (252.25 KiB) Viewed 844 times
Current:
Abarth 595 Comp.
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding Ticket

Post by Nanu » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:08 pm

pvr wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:33 pm It doesn’t make any sense to me what so ever. There are 1309 deaths a year on the road, and even if we agree that speed is a factor in 25% as per statistics (doesn’t even split it per speed over the limit though), then we are talking about 325 per year.

I for one do not believe it to be useful to allocate that much time and man power to that, whilst the same manpower can do much more in society as a whole if they were to concentrate on violent crime and burglaries that have a much bigger impact on society. There were 1.8 million violent crimes last year but they allocate time to such a trivial item
If they wanted to reduce speeding then they should be standing in full view for all to see. People would slow down. This way it generates cash. End of story. :thumbsdown:

I even got done for 8mph over in a 50 zone because I sped up into a gap in the traffic to let an ambulance get past which was on a blues and twos call. Its nothing about road safety, it's cash.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Huzee4

Speeding Ticket

Post by Huzee4 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:43 pm

I got potted last year, 55 in a 30, £638 fine / costs and 6 points at local magistrates, pleaded guilty by letter. I had a clean licence up until then, I was guilty and shouldn’t have been going that fast I can’t argue with that but when I see in the local press the lesser fines for drink drivers and other more serious offences it really does piss me off 😤
Steve

E85 2.5 SE Maldives blue
E89 20i Estoril blue
E89 35iS Alpine White ( Current Zed )

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding Ticket

Post by Pondrew » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Here is a story which may be of use to someone:
I got a speeding ticket in 2010; 45 in a 40 by a Gatso and my licence was revoked for 2 years without me being aware!! :oops:

I had an old paper licence until 2012. Basically I couldn't be arsed to change it and it was never a problem when I needed to produce it (for leasing cars mainly). Because I never changed it, it had my address from 1996 on it. I didn't think it was important.
So I get this speeding fine in 2010. The fine is sent to the car's registered keeper's address, which was my address. So I paid the fine and thought nothing more of it.
In 2012 I had to get a new credit card type licence (as car leasing companies stopped accepting the paper ones). So I phoned DVLA to find out how to sort it. This was when the chap at the DVLA informed me that my licence had been revoked in 2010 because they wrote to me at the address on my licence (14 years out of date) to update the points on my licence. Of course they got no response, so after the third letter they just revoke your licence.
I was driving around (15,000 miles a year) with NO LICENCE. Insurance was invalid too of course. Luckily I didn't get fined as apparently the DVLA couldn't prove whether I had been driving on the roads. If I had been stopped or had another speeding ticket in those two years it would have been up to £3,000 fine and a ban for an invalid licence.
I was a tit and won't be doing that again. Moral of the story; if you move address change your licence details immediately. :oops:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

r2uzenblot

Speeding Ticket

Post by r2uzenblot » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:29 pm

Just tell the courts it was so foggy that you couldn't see the road signs indicating a change in speed limit... :rofl:
2023 G29 20i M Sport Portimao Blue
2021 Triumph Tiger GT Pro
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2020 Cube Hybrid
1954 Two feet

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding Ticket

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:33 pm

sars wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:54 pm
Angelus666 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:08 pm I did think they were meant to be visible, but apparently they don't have to be, and they are allowed to be very hidden if they want to be.

Almost the same thing happened to me in Birmingham, going from a 50 down to 40 mph, I was in cruise set at 52 or something like that, suddenly double flash, wtf! turned around and re-traced my steps and the 40 mph sign was obscured by bushes. When I got the fixed penalty notice I wrote back with a photo of the concealed 40 mph sign saying that I was going to contest. A few weeks later got a reminder notice, which again I wrote back with the same explanation and that was the last I heard from them. Half the time they’re just after easy pickings :poke:
That is what I was saying above, signage has to be concise and clear other wise they would just put all sign in he foliage and just sit there reaping the rewards.

I would take photos and appeal
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding Ticket

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:37 pm

r2uzenblot wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:29 pm Just tell the courts it was so foggy that you couldn't see the road signs indicating a change in speed limit... :rofl:
true story my sister was caught and said to her husband she was going to say that exact thing, his words, not a great defence as you should not be going that quickly with poor visibility :headbang: his job - traffic officer :rofl:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Speeding Ticket

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Nanu wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:08 pm
pvr wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:33 pm It doesn’t make any sense to me what so ever. There are 1309 deaths a year on the road, and even if we agree that speed is a factor in 25% as per statistics (doesn’t even split it per speed over the limit though), then we are talking about 325 per year.

If they wanted to reduce speeding then they should be standing in full view for all to see. People would slow down. This way it generates cash. End of story. :thumbsdown:

I even got done for 8mph over in a 50 zone because I sped up into a gap in the traffic to let an ambulance get past which was on a blues and twos call. Its nothing about road safety, it's cash.
100% agree, I got caught years ago, 35 in a 30 and I swear there was no plod about, a few months later on the same stretch of road, he was there again - motorbike hidden amongst the cars :x