Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dark theme

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
abar121

Dark theme

Post by abar121 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:31 pm

Any chance of having a dark theme option like many other forums?

Would help with eye burn, thanks.
'07 Z4M Interlagos Blue. All options except extended leather.

brillomaster

Dark theme

Post by brillomaster » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:39 am

kamini321 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:11 am The concept and implementation of a darker theme have rapidly spread across various digital bundles and applications. A dark mode, also referred to as a "dark mode" or "night mode," is an alternative that combines dark backgrounds with light text and elements. This aesthetic selection not only contributes to a striking visual appearance but offers practical benefits as well. Dark themes have been proven to alleviate eye strain, and fatigue, and extend battery life on devices equipped with OLED or AMOLED screens. Moreover, dark themes are a symbol defining modern design, enabling users to personalize their digital experience and indulge in a sleek and immersive visual environment.
definitely a chatGPT response, thanks...

Roberltd2

Dark theme

Post by Roberltd2 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:52 am

brillomaster wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:39 am
kamini321 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:11 am The concept and implementation of a darker theme have rapidly spread across various digital bundles and applications. A dark mode, also referred to as a "dark mode" or "night mode," is an alternative that combines dark backgrounds with light text and elements. This aesthetic selection not only contributes to a striking visual appearance but offers practical benefits as well. Dark themes have been proven to alleviate eye strain, and fatigue, and extend battery life on devices equipped with OLED or AMOLED screens. Moreover, dark themes are a symbol defining modern design, enabling users to personalize their digital experience and indulge in a sleek and immersive visual environment.
definitely a chatGPT response, thanks...
Whatdyamean??? I talk like that all the time :lol:
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue
1994 Eunos J2Ltd - now sold
1963 Triumph Thunderbird.

TheDan

Dark theme

Post by TheDan » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:53 pm

If on laptop or computer try a Chrome extension called "Dark Mode - Dark Reader for Сhrome" that turns all webpages to dark mode (its quite basic and simply inverts colours in a lot of cases). But if looks like this if you're curious:
Screenshot 2023-07-07 125255.png
Screenshot 2023-07-07 125255.png (417.1 KiB) Viewed 804 times

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Dark theme

Post by MikeyH » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:21 pm

I find it difficult reading small white letters on a dark background, so unfortunately no good for me. :thumbsdown:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Matty_Z4

Dark theme

Post by Matty_Z4 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:56 am

MikeyH wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:21 pm I find it difficult reading small white letters on a dark background, so unfortunately no good for me. :thumbsdown:
Most software/websites these days have multiple settings to cater for users who dont like dark mode. You normally get Default Light, Default Dark or Auto Mode (it tracks the light/dark mode of the operating system) Eg if your phones in dark mode the site will be in dark mode if your phones in light mode then the site will be in light mode.

Ive not delved into PHPbb for a very very long time so not sure if it has dark mode support in the User CP. Might be worth looking into if someone gets bored.
2005 E85 3.0i

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Dark theme

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:03 pm

FOR SALE: pair of Rayban Wayfarers, like new......................... :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: