Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluemusic set up problem

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ZedsDeadbabyZedzdead

Bluemusic set up problem

Post by ZedsDeadbabyZedzdead » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:46 pm

Hi

I have purchased the recommended Bluemusic Bluetooth product and connected the dongle by the two connections provided directly into the back of the CD changer from the boot however my OEM business head unit no longer finds the “CD Changer” option so I can’t connect to it, my phone finds Bluemusic via Bluetooth so the dongle must be up and running but the car won’t find it now, can anyone who has this set up please please explain how to connect this?

Thank you

veryverydarkblue

Bluemusic set up problem

Post by veryverydarkblue » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:48 am

It shouldn’t need any additional configuration - it should just continue to show the CD changer as before, but play from the phone. I’d try reseating the both plugs, and if no luck (and the CD changer still works when reconnected), it’s likely a dud unit. It should be plug and play
2006 E85 3.0 SI Sport Manual
Midnight Blue IND / Extended Black Leather / MV2s

Prev: 2005 E85 2.0i SE Manual. Sapphire Black. poverty spec.

ZedsDeadbabyZedzdead

Bluemusic set up problem

Post by ZedsDeadbabyZedzdead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:53 am

Thank you that’s sound advice literally!! I’ll try that later :thumbsup:
veryverydarkblue wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:48 am It shouldn’t need any additional configuration - it should just continue to show the CD changer as before, but play from the phone. I’d try reseating the both plugs, and if no luck (and the CD changer still works when reconnected), it’s likely a dud unit. It should be plug and play

Spriteracer

Bluemusic set up problem

Post by Spriteracer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 am

Agreed. I have had both versions - bluemusic and bluespeak. No problem connecting either of them.
2007 E86 "work in progress"