Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PDC Problem

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
marcop123

PDC Problem

Post by marcop123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:17 am

Hi
I have recently purchased a BMW Z4 coupe E86, prior to owning it has had a bumper smash and the rear bumper replaced but no PDC, a mechanic ran diagnostic and showed PDC installed but faulty and he said it looked like the sensors still in car somewhere but since then for audio upgrade the interior was just stripped and no PDC modules were found. When I go into reverse it gives the 1 long beep which signifies PDC error

I’m not sure by the diagnostic is any chance when bumper replaced they left the PDC modules inside it but didn’t drill the holes although this strange but what sort of what diagnostic showed or likely diagnostic shows PDC module installed or connected but simply faulty but mechanic was convinced the 4 modules still attached in car somewhere.

What all do I need to get the PDC working ? Is it the case I just need 4x of the after market modules and that all I need ? My car booked in a week to finish up the audio upgrade of Jehnert audio system and just struck me if easy enough job get him to do it also but rather just order all I need and turn up with it next week :)

Any advice what I need would be appreciated

Cheers

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

PDC Problem

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:26 am

marcop123 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:17 am When I go into reverse it gives the 1 long beep which signifies PDC error
Are you sure? I have enabled initial tone on selection of reverse, which is a codable option, lasts about a second.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

dhobbs

PDC Problem

Post by dhobbs » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:48 am

Can you check your z4 build included PDC?
The module in my roadster is in the boot on the right hand side just in front of the light cluster behind the carpet. You could check to see if there is anything there.
As scooba_steve has said, it might be a coding option.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

marcop123

PDC Problem

Post by marcop123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 pm

Yeah it definitely has the PDC module , im figuring I just need to buy the harness and the 4x PDC units I haven’t been able to find original oem used on eBay so seems if installing 4 aftermarket the seem it should be ok from what I gather

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

PDC Problem

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:43 pm

My previous Z4 had been retro-fitted with PDC and was coded for that beep every time I selected reverse gear and it did my head in. :headbang:

Thankfully someone with Carly was able to stop it!

Good luck getting yours working. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

marcop123

PDC Problem

Post by marcop123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 pm

Yeah originally just thought part and part but after some days was doing my head in then more so when discovered it was actually a fault and now want fixed but since the 2/3 months getting my coupe it’s been project project project :-) but as my car was totally stripped which was actually good to see apart and back together all interior apart and after 8hrs solid from audio installer he had to call it a day and due back in this Friday but all hard work done just need to fit new door membrane as was leak, fit new crossovers in door and wire all 14 speakers haha 14 is far what I started out as but hoping all going to come together and sound amazing !
But yeah if can get PDC done at same time as boot carpets etc no back on yet , sound dampened whole car again wasn’t plan but had extra dampening due to front already been done.