Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alarm problem

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Beemingallover

Alarm problem

Post by Beemingallover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 pm

I have a 2006 E85 Z4M and several times, in the Summer, when the car was parked on the road outside the alarm would persistently go off. Didn't seem to do it elsewhere. Now that the vehicle is away for Winter in the garage the alarm has behaved itself. Obviously a glitch somewhere.
I've owned the vehicle for some years, don't recollect previous problems. However, in searching this forum, there are mentions of the 'tilt' sensor and I'm wondering if the road camber is the culprit, it was resurfaced earlier this year. The garage floor is flat and level.
Any knowledge on this pls?
:driving: Z4MR 2006 Interlargos Blue/Sepang Bronze SUMMER
E92 M3 coupe manual 2009 Silverstone Blue WINTER
M635Csi 1986 manual Lachs silver. GONE.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Alarm problem

Post by bigwinn » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:04 pm

First one to check/goodle/search is bonnet alarm switch- simple to check or isolate?
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Alarm problem

Post by bigwinn » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:05 pm

google

not goodle
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Alarm problem

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:12 pm

Beemingallover wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 pm I've owned the vehicle for some years, don't recollect previous problems. However, in searching this forum, there are mentions of the 'tilt' sensor and I'm wondering if the road camber is the culprit, it was resurfaced earlier this year. The garage floor is flat and level.
I left a car up on ramps for a few days and set the alarm over night. Didn't go off.
But when I jacked the car, removed the ramps and lowered it down, the alarm went off as it got level.
Therefore I believe the tilt sensor detects a change from the position set when the alarm is armed, not anything away from horizontal. Otherwise how would people in hilly areas cope?
Having been woken by my alarm going off at 2am on Saturday morning, I disconnected the bonnet sensor and since then all has been good.
In your case possibly a bit of moisture that has since dried out. However, to be doubly safe you could disconnect it anyway?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

Beemingallover

Alarm problem

Post by Beemingallover » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Thanks, maybe replace the sensor.
:driving: Z4MR 2006 Interlargos Blue/Sepang Bronze SUMMER
E92 M3 coupe manual 2009 Silverstone Blue WINTER
M635Csi 1986 manual Lachs silver. GONE.

wiseguy

Alarm problem

Post by wiseguy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:37 pm

My alarm goes off for no reason. BMW says the brain is dead. I didn't want the BMW alarm in the first place, but my Viper alarm dealer could not get their alarm to work in my car. BMW wires the car strangely, so after 3 days of trying and discussing it with Viper corporate, they gave up. So I spent hundreds for a BMW alarm with 1/2 the features of a Viper and it's dead after only a few years. I have to hit the lock button repeatedly to disable the cabin sensors, or it goes off randomly.
2007 3.0SI Roadster leather/auto/Carver-Logic7
stereo system/xenons/sport/108s/ LeatherZ MK4 armrest/ Ultimate
Cupholders/ GROM BMW Mini 98-06 trunk USB Android iPhone car integration adapter kit

R.I.P. Dice Mediabridge 1500. 2010-2023.