Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hamilton's best race? Nah!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:55 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:46 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:35 pm But if we were both given a kart and told to race each other over several years, gradually working our way up and the better driver would be rewarded with a better car, because the rich people who owned the better car wanted the better driver to be in it?
A valid argument but then when the rules change (v6 T hybrid era) and the two Karts that we have become uncompetitive with each other and you are in the team whos kart is superior, to call you the GOAT because you win in the superior kart all the time is, imo, incorrect.
Ah but I was so much better I was already in a better kart long before the rules changed. :poke: :D :D :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:10 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:55 pm Ah but I was so much better I was already in a better kart long before the rules changed. :poke: :D :D :D

:rofl: :rofl:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Hamilton is a great driver,in fact all the F1 drivers are..

They all drive at at a level us mere mortals could only dream of.. But Hamiltons car is just faster then everyone elses...

Remember when Russell had a go in it and went from a nobody to a potential race winner and would have been if bad luck didnt come his way.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:24 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:19 pm But Hamiltons car is just faster then everyone elses...
Except Bottas'. I say again, where was he? A wingman that dives out of the opposition's way and makes no attempt (or is unable) to take second place away from that terribly slow Red Bull?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:29 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:11 pm your ethnicity or national identity doesn't excuse you from being a moany insufferable c**t
You don't have to like him, I don't have any feelings one way or the other as I don't know him.
Using the age old 'reason' of only winning because you're in the best and fastest car is not fair. He is only in the best car because the team wanted him there because he is the best talent. He won his first championship in 2008 when McLaren didn't have the best car.
He has consistently beaten his team-mates (whoever that may be) apart from one year when Rosberg pipped him and then instantly retired (suspicious). Alonso quit the team and threw his dummy out because Hamilton was consistently beating him.
Richard Hamilton had three jobs to fund Lewis's karting. Hamilton was on Blue Peter as a 10 year old because he was such a talent even at that age.
You do not win 7 F1 world titles by being lucky, or in the right place at the right time, or happening to be in the best car.
Love him or loathe him, he is a fantastically talented racing driver. Look at Saturday; 15 places in 24 laps at 75 seconds a lap. That is phenomenal.
As you can tell I am a BIG fan! :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:59 pm

A mixture of 2 very powerful DRS zones and a new power unit. Mercedes tacticians knew what they were doing. The victory was very much theirs.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Bottas has the fight of a wet limp handshake hence Hammy wants him to stay. Funny how he never falls out with him like he did with Britney who consistently ran him close. Bottas rolls over like a love struck spaniel. This year RB have had the car to challenge the Merc and Verstappen is 14 points ahead despite having 3 dnf's to Hammy's 1. Verstappen is easily the match of Ham, even at his young age, I'd say better than Ham. Ham's a top rate driver but as for being something very special...? Nope. He's not better than Alonso, he just kept making the wrong team choice at the wrong time. No one right up there has had a chance in the Merc, no one merits Britney as a great yet he fair and square beat Ham 22016. Ham's better than Britney but he's not a great imho. And I'll be glad when he's left so we can have racing without all the hypocritical me me me and me again nothing to do with sport crap he constantly peddles. There's a place for that and a big sporting event isn't it, there's enough elsewhere without ramming it down our throats at the weekend.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:37 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:02 pm Bottas has the fight of a wet limp handshake hence Hammy wants him to stay. Funny how he never falls out with him like he did with Britney who consistently ran him close. Bottas rolls over like a love struck spaniel. This year RB have had the car to challenge the Merc and Verstappen is 14 points ahead despite having 3 dnf's to Hammy's 1. Verstappen is easily the match of Ham, even at his young age, I'd say better than Ham. Ham's a top rate driver but as for being something very special...? Nope. He's not better than Alonso, he just kept making the wrong team choice at the wrong time. No one right up there has had a chance in the Merc, no one merits Britney as a great yet he fair and square beat Ham 22016. Ham's better than Britney but he's not a great imho. And I'll be glad when he's left so we can have racing without all the hypocritical me me me and me again nothing to do with sport crap he constantly peddles. There's a place for that and a big sporting event isn't it, there's enough elsewhere without ramming it down our throats at the weekend.
John we have a problem here.... I agree with you entirely :rofl: :rofl:

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:37 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:24 pm
Z4M-2006 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:19 pm But Hamiltons car is just faster then everyone elses...
Except Bottas'. I say again, where was he? A wingman that dives out of the opposition's way and makes no attempt (or is unable) to take second place away from that terribly slow Red Bull?
Bottas was really nowhere until he got the prized seat though was he...

Hamilton is a better driver that utilises the full potential of the car,Bottas doesnt....

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:37 pm Bottas was really nowhere until he got the prized seat though was he...

Hamilton is a better driver that utilises the full potential of the car,Bottas doesnt....
Bottas is exactly what hammy and merc needed him to be, a competent 2nd that couldn't challenge hammy. Also we are all assuming that the 2 cars are identical in every single way, thats not a guarantee.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:47 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:37 pm
john-e89 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:02 pm Bottas has the fight of a wet limp handshake hence Hammy wants him to stay. Funny how he never falls out with him like he did with Britney who consistently ran him close. Bottas rolls over like a love struck spaniel. This year RB have had the car to challenge the Merc and Verstappen is 14 points ahead despite having 3 dnf's to Hammy's 1. Verstappen is easily the match of Ham, even at his young age, I'd say better than Ham. Ham's a top rate driver but as for being something very special...? Nope. He's not better than Alonso, he just kept making the wrong team choice at the wrong time. No one right up there has had a chance in the Merc, no one merits Britney as a great yet he fair and square beat Ham 22016. Ham's better than Britney but he's not a great imho. And I'll be glad when he's left so we can have racing without all the hypocritical me me me and me again nothing to do with sport crap he constantly peddles. There's a place for that and a big sporting event isn't it, there's enough elsewhere without ramming it down our throats at the weekend.
John we have a problem here.... I agree with you entirely :rofl: :rofl:
:wink: :wink:
Attachments
congratulations-you-have-hit-a-new-low-dear.jpg
congratulations-you-have-hit-a-new-low-dear.jpg (34.52 KiB) Viewed 318 times
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:49 pm

It was very satisfying watching Alonso keep hammy behind him in Hungry :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:55 pm

I never saw much of Lewis before he got into F1 so don't know if that was his best race, but it was mighty impressive!

I've always been a fan of him on track. I think most F1 fans agree Fernando should have won more titles and probably would have if his team moves had worked a bit better. So to my mind the fact that in his rookie season Lewis scored more points than Fernando in the same car has to mark him out as a special talent.

I'm not bothered either way by his off track activity althought I'd rather see less of it in the C4 highlights shows, but maybe he makes himself more available to C4 than others so he can promote it?

Mercedes weren't winning anything when he signed for them and at the time I really wondered what he was thinking of, but that turned out to be an inspired move.

Mercedes have had the upper hand for some years now, but plenty of years in the past other teams have dominated - that's just what happens. Red Bull were unbeatable for 4 seasons after all and Ferarri, McLaren and Williams have all had spells of domination.

Max is also obviously supremely talented - none of his team mates has been able to keep up with him so I'm sure he will win a title. Although I did think he got a bit carried away defending from Lewis - it's one thing to make your opponent leave the track but to leave it yourself as well over-stepped the mark a bit IMHO. But Lewis was smart enough to deal with it and it just seemed to make him more determined. Interesting too to see the Mercedes capable of following closely in the dirty air for once!

Whether this will be Max's year who knows, but it makes F1 far more interesting to watch.

With the new regulations next season anything could happen, but it will certainly be interesting to see how George compares to Lewis.

Definitely one of the more exciting F1 weekends anyway.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:23 pm

Let's face it we won't know whether Hamilton is the best as he will always be in the best car until he retires. The only true test would be a head to head between Lewis and Max, both in the Mercedes.... that I'd love to see.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

rdgreen

Post by rdgreen » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:42 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:11 pm
Couldnt care less if he is British or not (though remind me where he lives...?), your ethnicity or national identity doesn't excuse you from being a moany insufferable c**t :rofl:
Celt? Don't think he lives in Scotland. :P
Last edited by rdgreen on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sterling Grey 2004 e85 3.0i manual.