Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E85 coding stoke on Trent / Staffordshire

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Clarkson4

Post by Clarkson4 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi all, I’m relatively new to the Z4 ( thought I’d upgrade from the mx5!) and I’m having a few troubles one with the airbag ecu and another problem with the Gm5 module. I’m handy taking things apart etc and getting replacements in place but I have no idea where to start with the coding of these new parts to the car. Is there anybody within the Staffordshire area that could help (I’m happy to pay) or anybody recommend me somewhere able to do this for me?

Thanks as any help is appreciated!

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:13 pm

look in my google drive folder under coding and you will find how to code used airbag ECU

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

colb

Post by colb » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Just coded a used airbag module to a mates Z3, you need BMW INPA and NCS Expert plus NCSDummy software on a laptop to run them.
You open INPA and check it connects to the car ok, close that and open NCS Expert, this is the coding software. Once you get your head around how to operate it the coding of a module to the car takes seconds. Probably best to look on youtube at NCS Expert coding videos, there are quite a few which are a good guide on how it all works. Once you master it the software can be used to code a lot of functions on the various modules in the car by reading the current bin files and then editing them via NCS Dummy which translates from German to English which assists. Once you amend the bin file it is saved in NCS Expert as a .man file and then written to your module up on which the changes will become active on the next ignition cycle.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

Clarkson4

Post by Clarkson4 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:45 pm

Thanks a lot guys much appreciated! Will let you know how I get on once I manage to find a second hand airbag ecu :thumbsup: