Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

£14 for a sat nav manual, ur avin a laugh

Discussing the current generation Z4
SAM_MORSE

£14 for a sat nav manual, ur avin a laugh

Post by SAM_MORSE » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:27 pm

I have a new bmw Z4 30i so still trying to know my way around & after looking in the handbook for sat nav operations it said I needed to refer to another manual so I rang the dealer to say I was missing this extra manual so could they send one out to me only to be told that this manual does not come free with the car & if i wanted to know how to use the sat nav I would have to pay £14 for it, I said ur avin a laugh, I mean if I bought a new TV I would be pissed if they said I had to pay for the operating manual, what is this world coming to when you have an owners book that doesn't even tell you how to operate all the things on the car? its just so petty on a £46k car.

Also I have a ventilation option that lets me set a fan so that it cools the interior before I get into the car, I can even set it to run from my phone, all this would be very useful if I lived in florida but I live in the south of england, I know this sounds like a mad idea but why not just open the roof?
Last edited by SAM_MORSE on Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

unbelievable

Post by Scubaregs » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:38 pm

Used the ventilation from phone option quite a few times during the summer when car was sitting roof up in the works car park during a 12 hour shift.

Not sure if this is any good, not looked through it to see if it is pertinent to our system.

https://loopmein.imgix.net/vehicle-docu ... f6f8ed.pdf
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

unbelievable

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi Sam, when you picked your new car up the first time at handover did you also have an appointment with a bmw tech expert/guru? (I think that’s what he was called)

He spent about 30 mins showing me everything he thought I needed to know and answered any of my questions. More importantly for your situation, he also gave me his business card and said if there were any issues or questions to give him a call or email as within the 3 year warranty period I had unlimited access to his assistance. HTH

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

q96169we

unbelievable

Post by q96169we » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:48 pm

In the car, say "Hey BMW, show me the manual". Then, a digital up to date version with animation will come up. If you have specific question, then just ask. Or, there is an app for all of these and is for your specific vehicle based on the VIN.

ori

unbelievable

Post by ori » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Download this app. Add your vin number and you will have all the information you need about your car.
    As for ventilation, it actually defrosts the car too! ;)

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bmw-drive ... d714042749

mmm-five
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by mmm-five » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Net you'll be moaning that there's no paper service history :P
    Trigger’s Z4MC
    Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
    Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

SAM_MORSE

unbelievable

Post by SAM_MORSE » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:48 pm

I got my car on lease so it was delivered to my door, the driver knew the basics but I didnt think to ask about sat nav as all the cars ive ever had have come with a free supplement. Anyway I contacted BMW UK customer service today who took all my details & car details & said I would normally have to pay £14 for the sat nav book but as a good will gesture she would send one in the post. However the plot thickens, I went to car & said "Hey BMW, show me the manual" it came up with nothing so I had a play & got to the owners handbook chapters page & low & behold it tells you all about the sat nav. If only the owners handbook & customer services had told me :headbang:

ori, ive got android & thanx didn't realise it would defrost

& mmm-five why is there always some :cry: on every forum who has nothing constructive to say apart from feeling the need to have a dig :poke:

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:11 pm

SAM_MORSE wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:48 pm & mmm-five why is there always some :cry: on every forum who has nothing constructive to say apart from feeling the need to have a dig :poke:
    You think that's a dig?
    Do your research and you'll see it's what we British like to call humour.
    Maybe after another 12000 posts you'll have got the hang of it like mmm-five has. :roll:
    Sadly however, I don't think there's a handbook for it. (That's humour too btw :poke: )
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

mmm-five
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by mmm-five » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:14 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:11 pm
    SAM_MORSE wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:48 pm & mmm-five why is there always some :cry: on every forum who has nothing constructive to say apart from feeling the need to have a dig :poke:
    You think that's a dig?
    Maybe after another 12000 posts you'll have got the hang of it like mmm-five has. :roll:
    Sadly however, I don't think there's a handbook for it. (That's humour too btw :poke: )
    And Scouse humour is some of the worst, as it's mostly sarcasm :|
    Trigger’s Z4MC

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:46 pm

mmm-five wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:14 pm
    enuff_zed wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:11 pm
    You think that's a dig?
    And Scouse humour is some of the worst, as it's mostly sarcasm :|
    No! Really???

See what I did there. :D
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Nanu
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by Nanu » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:39 pm

Try taking it in to a BMW stealership under warranty and telling them the Sat Nav doesn't work. They will no doubt come out and have a look at it and show you how to work it.

You will buy these poor replacements for the E89's :poke:
    G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
    E89 35is Valencia Orange
    E89 28i Crimson
    E89 25i White

SAM_MORSE

unbelievable

Post by SAM_MORSE » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:07 pm

oh i see scouse humour, lets see if I get the hang of it then

what do scousers & batman have in common?
    they cant go anywhere with out robben

mmm-five
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by mmm-five » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:20 pm

SAM_MORSE wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:07 pm oh i see scouse humour, lets see if I get the hang of it then

That’s the way :thumbsup:
    Trigger’s Z4MC

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by Pondrew » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:28 pm

SAM_MORSE wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:07 pm oh i see scouse humour, lets see if I get the hang of it then

No :D or :poke: or :P or even :thumbsup: , seems kind of menacing without them :D
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Number5
    Lifer
    Lifer

unbelievable

Post by Number5 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:41 pm

Each Dealership should have a “Genius” available at the showroom who is trained up on all the Technical details on the vehicles.

The Genius should be available to sit in the car and talk you through this sort of thing at handover.

They are sent on product knowledge courses to familiarise themselves with the new cars when they are launched. (My Daughter was one)

Phone your Dealership and ask for an appointment with the Genius
    Alpina Roadster #307
    Porsche Boxster GTS
    Previous Zs
    Stratus E86
    G29 30i
    1x Imola Z4MR
    Alpina #019
    10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
    2x E89's
    Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)