Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyranny in Aus

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Flyingfifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:28 am

So the Australian military is now involved with transporting people to the new concentration camps for covid infection or covid "close contacts". Also the rights of people in Binjari and Rockhole to leave their property has been revoked and is not permitted unless for medical attention, in an emergency or if required by law. This action was taken with the context of there being a total of 43 cases in the whole Northern Territory between 9/11 - 22/11.

Sounds like there is definitely not any tyranny in Aus :thumbsup:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

mgrlane

Tyranny in Aus

Post by mgrlane » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:26 am

Just dropped into this thread to see what peoples thoughts are if there was anything said that might warrant me changing my mind as it's a little crazy down under at the moment.

Wow, Smartbear, anyone with a different opinion than you on here you have gone for the jugular. There is at least three occasions... Live and let live brother!

rdgreen

Tyranny in Aus

Post by rdgreen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:48 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:28 am So the Australian military is now involved with transporting people to the new concentration camps for covid infection or covid "close contacts". Also the rights of people in Binjari and Rockhole to leave their property has been revoked and is not permitted unless for medical attention, in an emergency or if required by law. This action was taken with the context of there being a total of 43 cases in the whole Northern Territory between 9/11 - 22/11.

Sounds like there is definitely not any tyranny in Aus :thumbsup:
:headbang: You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.....again.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -to-worsen

Seems reasonable to me....Indigenous people are far more susceptible to disease than the rest of the community. We could let them die, would that make you happy?.....and we are dealing with distances in the hundreds of kilometers in 45C heat...not 10km down the road with a hospital in every town. We need to call in the military for just about all disasters, natural or man made....that's one of the things we expect and they train for.
Last edited by rdgreen on Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sterling Grey 2004 e85 3.0i manual.

rdgreen

Tyranny in Aus

Post by rdgreen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:14 pm

Ohh...by the way...
European covid deaths = 1,400,000+
UK deaths = 144,000
Australia = 1,948....mostly in Victoria who adopted the UK way of (not) dealing with it.
South Australian deaths = 4
Northern Territory = 0

Flyingfifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:18 pm

rdgreen wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:48 am :headbang: You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.....again.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -to-worsen

Seems reasonable to me....Indigenous people are far more susceptible to disease than the rest of the community. We could let them die, would that make you happy?.....and we are dealing with distances in the hundreds of kilometers in 45C heat...not 10km down the road with a hospital in every town.
So to clarify, everything I said is exactly right but I "have absolutely no idea" what I'm talking about? hmmmm ok then :thumbsup:

They have brought in the military to transport people to the covid camp that have covid or have had close contact. That article you link states the exact same thing except its more friendly and nebulous "the Australian defence force has been called in to help with transferring positive cases and close contacts." They miss out the where in this instance.

This is being done for 8 cases with no new cases on Sunday and the North Territory Chief Minister said "more should be expected in Binjari and lockdown arrangements for nearby Katherine and Robinson River were likely to be in place for several weeks.".

Again everything I stated is accurate.

I was aware of the unique position of the Aboriginals have in terms of the virus and that is something that did mellow my disgust at the way Aus is going (as it gave some explanation to the extreme reaction to single digit cases), but to wholesale strip the people in those communities of their freedom and using the military to "transfer" people to camps if they are suspected of covid is still tyranny. :thumbsdown:

rdgreen

Tyranny in Aus

Post by rdgreen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 pm

You are a complete and utter w****r. Get a life instead of spending all day finding some one to argue with.

Flyingfifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:24 pm

rdgreen wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 pm You are a complete and utter w****r. Get a life instead of spending all day finding some one to argue with.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That's the sound of someone who doesnt like being wrong

The fact is nothing I said was inaccurate and your own source confirmed that

rdgreen wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:14 pm Ohh...by the way...
European covid deaths = 1,400,000+
UK deaths = 144,000
Australia = 1,948....mostly in Victoria who adopted the UK way of (not) dealing with it.
South Australian deaths = 4
Northern Territory = 0
Your point?
Australia deaths to cases rate is 0.01 deaths/case
UK deaths to cases rate is 0.01 deaths/case

rdgreen

Tyranny in Aus

Post by rdgreen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:45 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Your point?
Australia deaths to cases rate is 0.01 deaths/case
UK deaths to cases rate is 0.01 deaths/case
More valid comparison
UK 2,117 deaths/million population
Australia 75

Flyingfifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:49 pm

rdgreen wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:45 pm More valid comparison
Australia 75
Again, your point?

Id rather live my life with a tiny bit of risk than be locked in my house for weeks and months because 4 people in the region get ill. :roll:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by john-e89 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:49 pm
Australia 75
Again, your point?

Id rather live my life with a tiny bit of risk than be locked in my house for weeks and months because 4 people in the region get ill. :roll:
That's just your opinion, doesnt make it right, and not sure how helping people is tyranny....quite the opposite in fact. A !ow risk is still a risk and as RD said it's not as though there are hospitals with all the staff and equipment needed to look after them down the road. Sometimes folk need saving from themselves.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Flyingfifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:07 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm That's just your opinion, doesnt make it right, and not sure how helping people is tyranny....quite the opposite in fact. A !ow risk is still a risk and as RD said it's not as though there are hospitals with all the staff and equipment needed to look after them down the road. Sometimes folk need saving from themselves.
You're assuming that everyone effected by this is happy and willing to have their government by punishment of force or penalty restrict their lives almost completely, they are not permitted to leave their properties, they cant even go for a walk ffs.

Take the logic of your argument that risk should be avoided, the gov should stop everyone driving, moving, eating what they want, sex, swimming, cycling, travelling, smoking, drinking.... the list goes on. Life IS risk. You cannot live without risk its basically impossible. The problem here is that tyrannical governments have decided that they are the arbiters of what is and isn't acceptable risk in peoples lives, its oppressive government plain and simple.

Do you think the Chinese government is tyrannical? Or the North Korean government? They are just protecting their citizens from what they classify as risk after all. They are just saving them from themselves after all.

Mindboggling :headbang:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by john-e89 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:07 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm That's just your opinion, doesnt make it right, and not sure how helping people is tyranny....quite the opposite in fact. A !ow risk is still a risk and as RD said it's not as though there are hospitals with all the staff and equipment needed to look after them down the road. Sometimes folk need saving from themselves.
You're assuming that everyone effected by this is happy and willing to have their government by punishment of force or penalty restrict their lives almost completely, they are not permitted to leave their properties, they cant even go for a walk ffs.

Take the logic of your argument that risk should be avoided, the gov should stop everyone driving, moving, eating what they want, sex, swimming, cycling, travelling, smoking, drinking.... the list goes on. Life IS risk. You cannot live without risk its basically impossible. The problem here is that tyrannical governments have decided that they are the arbiters of what is and isn't acceptable risk in peoples lives, its oppressive government plain and simple.

Do you think the Chinese government is tyrannical? Or the North Korean government? They are just protecting their citizens from what they classify as risk after all. They are just saving them from themselves after all.

Mindboggling :headbang:

Once again... :roll: ....geographical extremes forces the issue, how many times do you need to be told it's not normal civilisation up there, also how much do you know of the Aboriginals knowledge of covid..? F..k all I'd imagine. Saving people is not tyranny. They will be taken back once all risk has been eliminated and looked after very well while away imagine.

Do you have to end every point with mock of some sort...? You'd make a fabulous spin doctor for the arrogant know it all but really not party.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by mr.tourette » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:30 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:49 pm
Australia 75

Again, your point?

I'm sure you would, the 144000 families mourning loved ones probably feel a little different
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Flyingfifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:47 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 pm Once again... :roll: ....geographical extremes forces the issue, how many times do you need to be told it's not normal civilisation up there, also how much do you know of the Aboriginals knowledge of covid..? F..k all I'd imagine. Saving people is not tyranny. They will be taken back once all risk has been eliminated and looked after very well while away imagine.

Do you have to end every point with mock of some sort...? You'd make a fabulous spin doctor for the arrogant know it all but really not party.
What do you mean by "how much do you know of the Aboriginals knowledge of covid..?" are you suggesting they dont know about it or dont understand it?
The reason Aboriginals are in a unique position is because of biology, specifically around the lack of ancestral exposure to cold/flu/corona viruses.

I am well aware the the nearest major hospital is Darwin which is about 330km away from their local hospital which requires a flight in an emergency. That still doesnt justify locking everyone in their homes.

You know, the bad guys from WW2 thought they were saving Germany and its people... was that not tyranny because "Saving people is not tyranny"?
mr.tourette wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:30 pm I'm sure you would, the 144000 families mourning loved ones probably feel a little different
That's very presumptuous, I could be a member of one of those families and there are others on the forum who have advised that they too have lost loved ones yet still do not want to be locked in their houses (de facto prisons) for weeks and months on end.

If people CHOOSE to stay at home and lock themselves away thats entirely their right and choice to do so, thats a personal decision made by them. FORCING people to remain in their homes under threat of force or penalty by the government is absolutely tyrannical by definition.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Tyranny in Aus

Post by john-e89 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:07 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:47 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 pm Once again... :roll: ....geographical extremes forces the issue, how many times do you need to be told it's not normal civilisation up there, also how much do you know of the Aboriginals knowledge of covid..? F..k all I'd imagine. Saving people is not tyranny. They will be taken back once all risk has been eliminated and looked after very well while away imagine.

What do you mean by "how much do you know of the Aboriginals knowledge of covid..?" are you suggesting they dont know about it or dont understand it?
The reason Aboriginals are in a unique position is because of biology, specifically around the lack of ancestral exposure to cold/flu/corona viruses.

I am well aware the the nearest major hospital is Darwin which is about 330km away from their local hospital which requires a flight in an emergency. That still doesnt justify locking everyone in their homes.

You know, the bad guys from WW2 thought they were saving Germany and its people... was that not tyranny because "Saving people is not tyranny"?
mr.tourette wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:30 pm I'm sure you would, the 144000 families mourning loved ones probably feel a little different
That's very presumptuous, I could be a member of one of those families and there are others on the forum who have advised that they too have lost loved ones yet still do not want to be locked in their houses (de facto prisons) for weeks and months on end.

If people CHOOSE to stay at home and lock themselves away thats entirely their right and choice to do so, thats a personal decision made by them. FORCING people to remain in their homes under threat of force or penalty by the government is absolutely tyrannical by definition.
I'm suggesting that the Aboriganies may well not fully understand covid yes, what's wrong with that..? Fact is neither you nor I know either, so I may be right, I may be wrong, so I'll have to go with what people that do know get on with it, like you'll have to. When was the last time in history the Aboriganies had covid as per your biology analogy for you to declare theyre in a unique position it seems suggesting they can't get it...? I don't see it as tyranny, Letting people die without doing anything is.

You're analogy with WW2 is too stupid to respond to.
Last edited by john-e89 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29